Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ Vermillion, Home of the Coyotes

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    TJ say anything about when he expects theisen or hess back?
    It sounded like a week may bring Hess.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Or you could get a 6 seed and have the whole crowd to yourself on Sunday.

It will be mostly blue for every game, no matter who's playing. I don't think that part will matter.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Jacks would have won if Theisen had been available. USD wouldn't have been able to double team Daum all the time. A healthy Hess would have been big plus, too.
        This space for lease.

Comment

When the Jacks slipped behind by 13 or so in the second half, the 1-3-1 got them back in the game. It seemed to confuse USD shooters. Also, Orris gets a bum rap for turnovers. He handles the ball far more than anyone else - multiple times nearly every possession. He had a good game today. And Telly was really on. That was nice to see. It would have been great to see Telly hit that desperation 3 at the end of the game to pull out a victory.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Going to the zone helped the Jacks get back into both the USD and NDSU games. May not work for 40 minutes, but it definitely seems to throw teams off their games when used in moderation.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Going to the zone helped the Jacks get back into both the USD and NDSU games. May not work for 40 minutes, but it definitely seems to throw teams off their games when used in moderation.

Agree 100%. Worked good as a change. Ended up that we stayed in it a hair too long but mooney hit some deep ones.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                Agree 100%. Worked good as a change. Ended up that we stayed in it a hair too long but mooney hit some deep ones.
                Even if you are in man you aren't going to be guarding him that far out. The last one he hit reed was essentially manned up on him and when he started to attack reed backed up and he stopped and hit one

Comment

Postgame
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDkHXl9DvI
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I went to the game, fun atmosphere, pretty great place to watch some basketball, truly not a bad seat in the house. Video board/score board set up sucks at the SCSC imo, but the rest was great.

For the game, it was nice to see Telly get hot, hopefully he can keep it up. Severyn also hit a couple big 3's early for us. We gave up way too many offensive boards, I would like to think that a healthy Thiesen would have cut this number down, Severyn just got overpowered at times. The Zone D was awesome, Mooney just hit some fantastic shots at the end. Also, if I remember right, according to the program USD shoots 33% from 3 and makes only 6 a game, they made like 14 or 15 on 50+% shooting from deep.

All-in-all, I was disappointed but not really upset with the results. Our boys could have rolled over a couple of different times, but they never did. Here's to making the SL and getting another shot, GO JACKS!

Comment

• Re: GDT: @ Vermillion, Home of the Coyotes

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      I went to the game, fun atmosphere, pretty great place to watch some basketball, truly not a bad seat in the house. Video board/score board set up sucks at the SCSC imo, but the rest was great.

For the game, it was nice to see Telly get hot, hopefully he can keep it up. Severyn also hit a couple big 3's early for us. We gave up way too many offensive boards, I would like to think that a healthy Thiesen would have cut this number down, Severyn just got overpowered at times. The Zone D was awesome, Mooney just hit some fantastic shots at the end. Also, if I remember right, according to the program USD shoots 33% from 3 and makes only 6 a game, they made like 14 or 15 on 50+% shooting from deep.

All-in-all, I was disappointed but not really upset with the results. Our boys could have rolled over a couple of different times, but they never did. Here's to making the SL and getting another shot, GO JACKS!
                      I think I heard they couldn't do a center videoboard because the roof was too low. Could be wrong but I think it would've been lower than the minimum height to play volleyball

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                        I think I heard they couldn't do a center videoboard because the roof was too low. Could be wrong but I think it would've been lower than the minimum height to play volleyball
                        Was there some constraint that prevented them from making the roof high enough to accommodate that? Seems like a screw up if there isn't some limiting factor.

Comment

The arena is a great venue to watch a game. The stats that are always displayed are nice. The ribbon around the arena is good. The concessions are a bit inadequate. That could be resolved some by putting some kiosk items out to relieve the very long lines at the existing concessions. The PA guy is still annoying with the he missed the free throw and other commentary. PA guy should be able to get the positives of the home team and be quiet on the rest. Coyotes had a good student presence. The Jackrabbits did not let the loud home crowd overwhelm.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Was there some constraint that prevented them from making the roof high enough to accommodate that? Seems like a screw up if there isn't some limiting factor.
                            http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/b...6da141d9e.html
                            Not sure. Maybe has to do with the water table issue mentioned in the above article

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                              http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/b...6da141d9e.html
                              Not sure. Maybe has to do with the water table issue mentioned in the above article
                              Low ceiling was by design. With seating arrangement and the court side suite, no need for a higher ceiling. Construction of a higher ceiling just to have a center hung scoreboard would be a huge waste of money. Scoreboard set up on 2 corners of the ribbon is fine if you are sitting in the center or right hand sections, but not if you are sitting in the left hand sections. Displaying the time & score in all 4 corners of the ribbon would make the time and score easy to read for all. However, every foot of the ribbon devoted to game info is one less foot to generate advertising dollars. Am guessing that the clock and score will be displayed in all 4 corners next year.
                              USD Fan

Comment

We're doing similar things with the new football stadium as they are doing with their new arena. A season goes by and you learn what people like and don't like. When money is raised other features will be added to both venues.

Personally, I think spending extra money for a higher ceiling and a center-hung board would have been worth the cost. I really like them in arenas, and if they did it right they could raise it or lower it depending on the event. Would also resolve any issues of seeing the score, time, stats, etc.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X