GDT: @Fargo, Home of Da Bizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @Fargo, Home of Da Bizon

It's tough to hang with the really good teams when you start a couple of people that the other team can pretty much ignore on the defensive end. Reed showed some signs on offense, but still missed quite a few shots. Daum and Howell almost have to be perfect on nights like this - Howell definitely wasn't, and Mike can't be Superman every night.

Comment

I also respect his high energy game. However, I can't look past what I see when I watch him. The guy gets called for less than half of th fouls he commits. Had his hands all over Daum all night, and when he jumped through 2 Jacls in that almost offensive rebound late in the second half....

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        It's tough to hang with the really good teams when you start a couple of people that the other team can pretty much ignore on the defensive end. Reed showed some signs on offense, but still missed quite a few shots. Daum and Howell almost have to be perfect on nights like this - Howell definitely wasn't, and Mike can't be Superman every night.
        I kind of wonder why we don't pull Wallace off the bench and see if his shot is on target when teams are playing Orris's defender in the lane. It just clogs up middle and hurts us offensively when they show him zero respect. Hell, just tell Orris to shoot a couple wide open 15 footers and see if he is on.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          I kind of wonder why we don't pull Wallace off the bench and see if his shot is on target when teams are playing Orris's defender in the lane. It just clogs up middle and hurts us offensively when they show him zero respect. Hell, just tell Orris to shoot a couple wide open 15 footers and see if he is on.
          I sort of wonder that too. Same with flatten. Never know if one might get hot or who it is.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            They are NDSU home announcers. There's some home cooking in their perspective. But they're not terrible.
            Lol...midco are you serious? It's 50/50
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              With our play this evening we dont deserve 50/50. More like 25/75, the Bison made the plays, we did not. The announcers can only report what they see.

Comment

Bison played well, and earned the victory.

I was afraid of that, after the loss to USD last weekend. They couldn't afford to come out flat, and they didn't.

Tough one for the Jacks... Howell had a bad night, and honestly... if he makes a few more of those that went around and out... I think we're looking at a different game... but the sport is "basketball"... gotta put the ball in the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  Well, yeah, there is some seriousness to it. Midco has a dedicated person for NDSU, USD, and SDSU (Niemann). Those announcers are much more familiar with the team that they cover than the opponent. So, I could see where a Bison fan could look at Niemann calling a game in Brookings and feeling a bit the same way. So, yes, when the Bison, Jacks, or Yotes are on their home floor and the game is on Midco there is a little bit of favoritism going on. Not blatant or ridiculous, more just knowing who their audience is. If the Bison were playing IUPUI it wouldn't have been an issue.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We're going to have to figure out what to do with Daum the next two years without Dex.

I'm not looking forward to it.
                    2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                      We're going to have to figure out what to do with Daum the next two years without Dex.

Laxatives...lots of laxatives. Gotta get him afraid to even move.

Comment

At this point in the season the Jacks are who they are.

Last night Howell was completely out of control. Everyone in the gym knew that he was going to the basket to shoot virtually every time he touched it. It was very predictable which makes it easy to stop. He had 7 turnovers. 7 of the 10 the Jacks committed. That is awful. Now, the good news is he has the ability to make some things happen. He and Daum are really the only two viable threats to take a ball off the dribble and take it to the basket. If he can do it and be under control it could be a huge asset. The Bison sagged down on him every time last night which created those turnovers and made Howell's shots tough. He needs to find open shooters in those cases. That could make him a very dangerous player as he matures. Last night though it was brutal. Most of those turnovers resulted in a fast break which gave the Bison a wide open 3 or a layup.

My worry last night was Daum getting in foul trouble. He did a nice job of avoiding that. The problem was that he had no answer for Werner. With his size and length he should be able to handle him without a lot of trouble. Daum has a lot of room to improve defensively and if he wants to play in the NBA he will need to improve a lot. Offensively he is unbelievable. He had an off night last night and still had 27. He needs to be tougher.

I thought Telly played a really solid game last night. He made some big buckets, rebounded well, and for much of the game had to guard Jacobsen. Granted he didn't exactly shut Jacobsen down but we didn't shut anyone down.

The Bison play good team basketball and are tough at home. We haven't ever been consistent winners up there so really nothing shocking about the result last night.

The Jacks still have enough talent to make some noise in Sioux Falls. We should have Hess and Theissen back for the tourney. There is not a clear cut favorite. It will be a highly partisan crowd and the Jacks have to feel good on that floor. THEY JUST NEED TO GET THERE. Looking at the remaining schedules for the conference the Jacks probably have as good of setup as any of the teams vying for the bottom spot. Thankfully ORU keeps losing.

On to another tough one in Vermillion. Hang in there Jacks fans!

SUPERBUNNY

We miss Hess and Theisen.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post

The funny thing is I almost think the opposite. Daum can't seem to stop Dex. Daum abused Dex last year in the Summit Tourney but that had more to do with the rest of the talent around him. Dex is getting help this year.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            He has to shoot and make himself guardable. We can't allow teams to sag off and plug the middle. It really hurts Daum and Howel. We're basically playing 4 against 5. It also allows another player in rebounding position.

Comment

For all the guys ragging on Howell. He was hurt all of last year. TJ commented on the pre-game last night that he hadn't played in an organized basketball game in a year and half prior to this year. That's part of the reason he didn't get many minutes early. His development since the start of the season has been tremendous. Is he out of control at times, absolutely and last night was worse than normal. But, what other options did we have last night? Without Hess we don't have many shooters we can put on the floor and the Bison were fairly content packing the lane to limit Daum's post touches. I guess we could have had Orris dribble around some more and pass of wide open jumper after wide open jumper.

Theisen would have been nice to have last night. Playing him and Daum together would have made the Bison guard Ian with Miller most likely. I think he could have scored on Miller.

Comment

You are spot on with Theisen. If Miller/Werner have to guard him, Jacobson has to guard Daum. I'll take my chances with that match-up all day. Orris has been shooting a couple of jump shots each game, and they are usually bricks. Having him shoot more isn't going to help. Teams are starting to realize that Severyn isn't a great perimeter shooter, and are helping off him as well. Hess may have some warts, but he is needed on this team. Hopefully the two incoming big recruits will provide some depth right away and the two wings will be able to help stretch the defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X