• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Mouth Bob (ORU)

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    Second Player of the Week for Mr. Daum.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20170206iaey08

Best scorer in SDSU history period. The guy can flat out score.

Go Rabbits!
    I see he is up to #2 in the country right now (ppg). He currently has 1,136 points and is likely to finish the year up with around 1,300. For comparison, Wolters had 896 points at the end of his second year. It's crazy to think about what he might be able to do with another year or two of experience under his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      I see he is up to #2 in the country right now (ppg). He currently has 1,136 points and is likely to finish the year up with around 1,300. For comparison, Wolters had 896 points at the end of his second year. It's crazy to think about what he might be able to do with another year or two of experience under his belt.
      It is impressive indeed. Wolters has been the best SDSU has ever had. scoring wise, Daum very well could be the best before we know it.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
        I unfortunately agree about Reed. His play/shooting for most of this year hasn't justified the minutes he is getting. This is the second game this year that I can of where we looked better with Reed sitting on the bench.
        I agree that Reed hasn't shot as well this season but I don't know if I would play Hess over him. Reed is a much better defender and their shooting numbers aren't real different(except for a small gap in 3-point %).

Reed FG%- .382
        Hess FG%- .388

Reed FT%- .818
        Hess FT%- .848

Reed 3-point %- .321
        Hess 3-point %- .367

I hope they both can start hitting more shots to help Daum and the other players who primarily drive the ball to the basket out. It's a little said when your best two shooters are your C-Daum and PF-Severyn. When you have Howell, King and Orris out there that might be the case??
        I did like Flatten more than Wallace this game because Wallace was struggling to play defense and Flatten was playing that much better. I think Flatten might be the better shooter, too, but I don't know that for sure.

Comment

The efficiency and multiple ways Daum scores is really unreal. He's so versatile. I can't think of anything he can't do. He can get to the rim, mid-range jumpers, shoots the three, and can hit free throws. He's the best scorer I've seen in an SDSU uniform. On Saturday he was beast on the boards as well.

Comment

It helps to grow up in a home with a mom who played basketball.

Comment

With Wallace, I think the coaching staff has figured out that if he is not hitting shots, that the rest of his game isn't good enough to warrant playing time. He came in on Saturday and chucked up an airball and another that missed badly, and didn't see the floor again.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                My opinion for when everyone is healthy is to have the following in the starting line-up:

1-Orris
                2-Howell
                3-Tellinghuisen
                4-Daum
                5-Theisen

I'd like to see Hess, Severyn, King, and Flatten come off the bench regularly with Wallace every once in a while. Severyn has really proven himself over the last few games, and I like his toughness. I know some people would question putting our 2 bigs out at the same time, but the team can really play better with them both out there. It can open up Daum more for scoring, and when teams double up on Daum it can give Theisen room inside to score. Hess has been doing a great job, but throws up too many shots and needs to do better on the defensive end. This is just my opinion on what I think would be the best starting line-up. I trust the coaches will make the best decisions for this team, and I'm looking forward to what they can do over the next month. (Also can't wait for Theisen and Hess to return.)
                ^^ This all the way

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I agree that Reed hasn't shot as well this season but I don't know if I would play Hess over him. Reed is a much better defender and their shooting numbers aren't real different(except for a small gap in 3-point %).

Reed FG%- .382
                  Hess FG%- .388

Reed FT%- .818
                  Hess FT%- .848

Reed 3-point %- .321
                  Hess 3-point %- .367

I hope they both can start hitting more shots to help Daum and the other players who primarily drive the ball to the basket out. It's a little said when your best two shooters are your C-Daum and PF-Severyn. When you have Howell, King and Orris out there that might be the case??
                  I did like Flatten more than Wallace this game because Wallace was struggling to play defense and Flatten was playing that much better. I think Flatten might be the better shooter, too, but I don't know that for sure.
                  You quoted the season long statistics... Let's drill down to the conference game performance, which is what really matters for us. It's also a better gauge of how they have been playing lately, which is what I was talking about.

12.5 vs. 9.8 points
                  0.479 vs. 0.302 three point %
                  6.37 vs. 4.36 rebounds
                  0.625 vs. 1.54 turnovers

I think you can guess which player belongs to which stat line. I'm not saying Hess is better than Reed long term, I'm saying I think Hess is a better option right now, and Reed might benefit from some minutes coming off the bench.
                  Last edited by CappinHard; 02-07-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    My opinion for when everyone is healthy is to have the following in the starting line-up:

1-Orris
                    2-Howell
                    3-Tellinghuisen
                    4-Daum
                    5-Theisen

I'd like to see Hess, Severyn, King, and Flatten come off the bench regularly with Wallace every once in a while. Severyn has really proven himself over the last few games, and I like his toughness. I know some people would question putting our 2 bigs out at the same time, but the team can really play better with them both out there. It can open up Daum more for scoring, and when teams double up on Daum it can give Theisen room inside to score. Hess has been doing a great job, but throws up too many shots and needs to do better on the defensive end. This is just my opinion on what I think would be the best starting line-up. I trust the coaches will make the best decisions for this team, and I'm looking forward to what they can do over the next month. (Also can't wait for Theisen and Hess to return.)

Players coming off the bench can bring a lot of energy,knowing their time is limited,they can go all out,especially on defense.This injected at the right time can spark a run,maybe after the offense has stalled some what.I believe in using the bench,when needed.You want the team playing at a high energy level the whole game if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Reed FG%- .382
                      Hess FG%- .388

Reed FT%- .818
                      Hess FT%- .848

Reed 3-point %- .321
                      Hess 3-point %- .367

In my opinion the expectations for Reed are a product of an excellent Freshman season. Many people including myself thought there would be a natural progression to a 15 point a game scorer by this season. Reed is an extremely solid player who gives everything he has on both sides of the floor. Totally agree with the thread it would be great if his jumper would heat up down the stretch.

I have no idea what to expect from these next two games. State is way to inconsistent to even have a clue. Could sweep. Could get swept. Who knows......... One thing is for sure. It's exciting from game to game.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                        I have no idea what to expect from these next two games. State is way to inconsistent to even have a clue. Could sweep. Could get swept. Who knows......... One thing is for sure. It's exciting from game to game.
                        I see this week's games only as a chance to pick up a bonus win. Winning in Fargo has been all but impossible for even our best teams and the odds of NDSU losing two in a row at home are microscopic. USD has a nice home court advantage, a taste for revenge and the motivations of a team fighting for the top spot. Though not exactly miles ahead of SDSU, both teams are solid. If we can scratch out one close win I'd be surprised and way more than happy.

Comment

I see this week's games only as a chance to pick up a bonus win. Winning in Fargo has been all but impossible for even our best teams and the odds of NDSU losing two in a row at home are microscopic. USD has a nice home court advantage, a taste for revenge and the motivations of a team fighting for the top spot. Though not exactly miles ahead of SDSU, both teams are solid. If we can scratch out one close win I'd be surprised and way more than happy.
                          That's they way I look at it. normally I want to win them, and still would like too, but if we can take one I will be pleasantly surprised. 2 wins and I wont know what to think. Just hope we play well and find some consistency more then anything.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                          X