GDT: Mouth Bob (ORU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Mouth Bob (ORU)

1st half was as bad as I can remember since the transition. 2nd half seemed effort was better and it showed. Some of those misses were just horrible. Give credit for not giving up. Our doesn't deal with adversity well for as much talent as they have.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Howell seems to make some JUCO mistakes but by the end of the season he is going to be a great player. I love his aggression in driving to the basket.

This team has been fun to watch going through ups and downs.

Persevering to the point where if they can get on a stretch here could make it very, very interesting in March. Good win.

Comment

The Jacks really could have used Hess's shooting and Theisen's inside presence. I hope those two get back soon. Daum's shooting and Howell's driving and free throw shooting won this one.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The Jacks really could have used Hess's shooting and Theisen's inside presence. I hope those two get back soon. Daum's shooting and Howell's driving and free throw shooting won this one.
          King's steals also kept ORU from cutting the lead late.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Persevering to the point where if they can get on a stretch here could make it very, very interesting in March. Good win.
            Yes its all about the final score. Having one guy throw in 38 points, was a huge part of it today.

Comment

I thought Orris had his worst game since he has been starting, especially defensively. It seemed he didn't want to play up tight on Bradley. and he hit 5 or 6 jumpers over him. Maybe Orris was backing off to try and keep the ball from getting to Owens, but Bradley made him pay regardless of what the reason was.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I thought Orris had his worst game since he has been starting, especially defensively. It seemed he didn't want to play up tight on Bradley. and he hit 5 or 6 jumpers over him. Maybe Orris was backing off to try and keep the ball from getting to Owens, but Bradley made him pay regardless of what the reason was.
                Orris had a rough game all around. Hope it was an aberration, as he has been pretty solid since moving into the starting lineup.

He's never going to be a shooting threat, but he has to be able to make 15 footers when his defender is basically playing disrespectful defense in the lane. Yesterday, he was shooting with so little confidence that he was passing up on glorified free throws, and when he did take a shot, it had zero shot of going in. He needs to/ should be pissed that someone would play defense on him like that and use that as motivation.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Orris came up with 6 assists. The guys that went 1-6 -like Flatten, Severyn, and Telly-are more concerning than Orris. Points from Orris are a bonus. It is great that Howell continues to contribute offensively. King is another plus when he gets to the rim in addition to defensive efforts. I was not always a fan of Orris, but he can bring that steady hand to the game with an occasional outbreak of finding the rim with the drive. He did not come into Brookings with big scoring numbers and I would consider him to be outperforming expectations with 7.7 points per game.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Orris came up with 6 assists. The guys that went 1-6 -like Flatten, Severyn, and Telly-are more concerning than Orris. Points from Orris are a bonus. It is great that Howell continues to contribute offensively. King is another plus when he gets to the rim in addition to defensive efforts. I was not always a fan of Orris, but he can bring that steady hand to the game with an occasional outbreak of finding the rim with the drive. He did not come into Brookings with big scoring numbers and I would consider him to be outperforming expectations with 7.7 points per game.
                    I agree. As long as he keeps turn overs down. Oru in the first half reminded me off western I'll when Molinari was there. They were long. Sort of just clogged stuff up. Made it impossible to drive and teams struggled. Like they always had good spacing in middle and just inside 3 point line. Not many passing lanes. Did see second half much so don't know what if any adjustments were made. To score like we did. Sort of felt like ndsu game in reverse.

Severyn and flatten Wallace to me are role players who on any given night can play big. But with Hess and Thiessen out they need to be consistent. Might be why they aren't getting consistent minutes.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We definitely missed Theisen and Hess last night. I'd argue that Theisen is the bigger loss right now. We definitely need a healthy Theisen soon. The first half we obviously could've used Hess' scoring ability. When he returns, I really really would like to see him come off the bench. He's not great defensively and I like what we put on the floor defensively right now. Plus him and Telly starting together is kind of the same thing, except Telly is much better defensively. Defense comes first, and a huge shooting spark every game off the bench would be perfect.

Tevin King is the man. I argued at the beginning of the year that he should be the starting running back on the football team rather than playing basketball, but that was also when we were playing zone defense and King's talents were nullified. He's so freaking valuable out there right now. I can't really state enough how this renewal of strong man defense has not only rejuvenated the team, but it has renewed my interest of watching SDSU basketball.

I don't mean to be that guy right now, but I wish so so badly that Keaton Moffitt was on this team. Can you imagine? Defensively it would be a HUGE upgrade from Orris. Keaton wasn't a great shooter, but he certainly would warrant more respect out there than Orris. We would be a super legit defensive team with Keaton, Tevin, Reed, Severyn, and Daum on the floor. With Howell and Theisen, too. The cupboard should not be this empty at PG and that is Nagy's fault. Orris has played admirably, but it's hard to not think about the ceiling of this team with a George Marshall level talent, or even Keaton Moffitt, running the show.

Comment

My opinion for when everyone is healthy is to have the following in the starting line-up:

1-Orris
                        2-Howell
                        3-Tellinghuisen
                        4-Daum
                        5-Theisen

I'd like to see Hess, Severyn, King, and Flatten come off the bench regularly with Wallace every once in a while. Severyn has really proven himself over the last few games, and I like his toughness. I know some people would question putting our 2 bigs out at the same time, but the team can really play better with them both out there. It can open up Daum more for scoring, and when teams double up on Daum it can give Theisen room inside to score. Hess has been doing a great job, but throws up too many shots and needs to do better on the defensive end. This is just my opinion on what I think would be the best starting line-up. I trust the coaches will make the best decisions for this team, and I'm looking forward to what they can do over the next month. (Also can't wait for Theisen and Hess to return.)
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

With his foot in a boot, it looked like Theisen may be out awhile. At this point, I would give him a couple of weeks off to try and get back as close to 100% as possible. He definitely will be needed in Sioux Falls, especially if we would have to play consecutive days. Plus, you know Daum is eventually going to get in foul trouble at some point along the way. The player I would have loved to see on this year's team would be Connor Devine. He would have given us a rim protector, and allowed Daum to play more outside, plus be able to not have to play 35 minutes every game.

Comment

WWhen Hess does come back, I hope we don't see much of him and Reed in the lineup at the same time. There is no reason for both of them to be out there at the same time. Honestly, the way Reed has been playing most games, he should almost come off the bench instead of Hess. I think we can all agree that the top 4 should be Orris, Howell, Daum, and Reed/Hess. I would be happy with the 5th being any of Thiesen, Severyn, or King. Then coming off the bench would be Reed/Hess and 2 of the 3 from the 5th man list, along with Flatten and Wallace.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              WWhen Hess does come back, I hope we don't see much of him and Reed in the lineup at the same time. There is no reason for both of them to be out there at the same time. Honestly, the way Reed has been playing most games, he should almost come off the bench instead of Hess. I think we can all agree that the top 4 should be Orris, Howell, Daum, and Reed/Hess. I would be happy with the 5th being any of Thiesen, Severyn, or King. Then coming off the bench would be Reed/Hess and 2 of the 3 from the 5th man list, along with Flatten and Wallace.
                              I unfortunately agree about Reed. His play/shooting for most of this year hasn't justified the minutes he is getting. This is the second game this year that I can of where we looked better with Reed sitting on the bench.

Comment

Second Player of the Week for Mr. Daum.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20170206iaey08

Best scorer in SDSU history period. The guy can flat out score.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X