Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
    I remember their radio guy was a huge tool the last couple years... can't imagine their TV guy is much better
    It started really bad as they couldn't pronounce TJ's last name. At the very least, commentators should be able to pronounce names.

I mean it's not like the SDSU athletic department makes it tough they provide pronunciation guides in the media guide here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...guide_2016.pdf

OR

Before EVERY game they publish game notes. Also includes a pronunciation guide. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit..._Denver_1_.pdf

Comment

Any updates on Hess's injury. I would hope its not a fracture. Like someone else said, our season is over if he is out any period of time. Redshirt Medical I presume is out of the question since we are nearly 50% or past that point of the season

Comment

I was curious if we played more man or zone this game?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          I was curious if we played more man or zone this game?
          More man, a really soft one. What I found weird, especially in the first half was Denver was bombing threes against our man defense but when we went into zone, they tried to penetrate and backed off trying threes.I thought it was backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            It started really bad as they couldn't pronounce TJ's last name. At the very least, commentators should be able to pronounce names.

I mean it's not like the SDSU athletic department makes it tough they provide pronunciation guides in the media guide here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...guide_2016.pdf

OR

Before EVERY game they publish game notes. Also includes a pronunciation guide. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit..._Denver_1_.pdf
            When USD played Denver in the Summit League Volleyball Tournament (Championship game, nonetheless) they referred to us as the SDU Ki-yoties. Must be something in the water out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
              When USD played Denver in the Summit League Volleyball Tournament (Championship game, nonetheless) they referred to us as the SDU Ki-yoties. Must be something in the water out there.
              Really? It's Colorado, and you decide to go with the "something in the water" joke? There's a much more obvious answer there. Just sayin'.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                More man, a really soft one. What I found weird, especially in the first half was Denver was bombing threes against our man defense but when we went into zone, they tried to penetrate and backed off trying threes.I thought it was backwards.
                Yeah, I would agree, Normally I think the way to attack Man is to get inside or attack it. Zone to work the ball into the high post and pass out to shoot over the zone.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  It did seem a little backwards but if you looked how we were defending it makes some sense.

When playing man, we kept trying to fight through screens with our guards and not hedge. This allowed Denver to dribble around or wrap around a screen for an open three. A handful of times we went under screens. Can't do that with shooters.

With the zone it looked like we extended it some (likely to help closeout on shooters). This created more space inside the arc.

Comment

Billups from Denver
                    http://www.denverpioneers.com/colleg.../?media=546607
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                    X