GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

The Jackrabbits end the first half of the conference schedule tonight. The key win by the Jackrabbits over Ft Wayne should keep the energy a mile high for the Pioneers. The Pioneers have first year coach Rodney Billups who has the Pioneers putting up 10 more points per game this year as the Princeton offense has been retired. Although the Pioneers still run a few back door plays and they shoot 48.3% from the field with 39.2% from beyond the arc. Rosga is having a good year with over 16 points per game. The center, Amigo, chips in over 15 points per game with 7.7 boards to go with. Amigo has fouled out of 6 games this year. Daum may have a few offensive possessions down low tonight and hope the double team is slow to arrive. Denver has one of the better defensive numbers in the league against the 3 point shot. This game could use a similar look that was had against Ft Wayne as Denver is the next best shooting team in the Summit. Premium defense and a big rebounding margin would be part of the formula. A road win at the halfway point would be fantastic. Go Jacks!!

Altitude TV at 8pm.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ Denver Pioneers

BIG one.

Let's keep the momentum going.

Comment

Excited to see the game show up on my Dish Network program guide - channel 440. Will be interesting to see if Denver goes right at Daum down low with Amigo to try and get him in foul trouble. They did that against the Bison, and Warner and their other posts could not stop him. I don't think Amigo can guard Daum if we use him on the perimeter like on Saturday. Which means Denver will have to provide help, which will hopefully give some open shots for Hess and others.

Comment

Big game tonight. For as bad as it was for weeks this team has a chance to make a run into the upper half of the Summit. A split is a must in these two games - tonight & Saturday. I've watched Denver play a couple of times this season. Very different from last season. I really like Joe Rosga as a player. Tough kid who makes plays. I feel State has a better chances on Saturday than tonight, but hopefully Uncle Mo was on the plane yesterday and will carry the team tonight.

Denver -6 1/2

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          Big game tonight. For as bad as it was for weeks this team has a chance to make a run into the upper half of the Summit. A split is a must in these two games - tonight & Saturday. I've watched Denver play a couple of times this season. Very different from last season. I really like Joe Rosga as a player. Tough kid who makes plays. I feel State has a better chances on Saturday than tonight, but hopefully Uncle Mo was on the plane yesterday and will carry the team tonight.

Denver -6 1/2

Go Rabbits!
          Once again, this game is a toss up. I'll take the points

Comment

I expect to see more zone tonight with the Amigo/Daum situation. After the FW game TJ mentioned that it will still be an option, especially when Daum is vulnerable to picking up fouls. You have to pick your poison with Denver; foul trouble for your star, 20 easy points for Amigo or open jump shots for the others. At least one of those three is very likely to happen.

Anyone aware of viewing options for those of us without Dish? Anything online?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              I expect to see more zone tonight with the Amigo/Daum situation. After the FW game TJ mentioned that it will still be an option, especially when Daum is vulnerable to picking up fouls. You have to pick your poison with Denver; foul trouble for your star, 20 easy points for Amigo or open jump shots for the others. At least one of those three is very likely to happen.

Anyone aware of viewing options for those of us without Dish? Anything online?
              Pioneer Vision may carry as well.
              http://www.denverpioneers.com/collegesportslive/
              https://reg.cstv.com/register/?schoo...nse_ids=&redir=
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

As of now Denver's online options include audio only.

Comment

DirectTV Root Sports. Not sure of the channel

Comment

It's like 688 or around there. Trying not to be so absolute. Lol

Comment

We have one road win on the season vs a struggling drake. IMO we have to ugly this one up a little if we want a win.

Comment

Kemo, where is the #chuck for this GDT?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                          We have one road win on the season vs a struggling drake. IMO we have to ugly this one up a little if we want a win.
                          Its tough to win on the road in college basketball. Just ask Villanova, Kansas and Kentucky.

Comment

It is on 412-28 if you have Dish.

Comment

King out tonight per Tyler. Not in uniform and didn't participate in shoot-around.

Comment

Working...
                              X