Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Ft Wayne coach talking about the hustle plays of the Jackrabbits.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dXlaEp1HI
    I thought his opening comment rang of truth, "If you are fan somewhere in South Dakota, you loved this game." But he did not. He was very complimentary of Daum and SDSU.

Comment

Now if we could extend the eligibility of Hess and No 50 into next year we would continue to win

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        LOL. Good comment -- he'll need a bag of ice on his shoulder. (I get tired of those who profess to be Jacks fans but engage in irritating and trolling behavior.)
        (I get tired of those who can't handle some good natured ribbing and see it as irritating and trolling, which apparently makes the person doing it less of a jacks fan, or not one at all...?)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          (I get tired of those who can't handle some good natured ribbing and see it as irritating and trolling, which apparently makes the person doing it less of a jacks fan, or not one at all...?)
          great point. Can't be critical of anything otherwise you are a troll.
          have I been critical of tj ...absolutely. Does that mean I'm a troll, absolutely not. I'm a huge jacks fan but I'm also a realist. It should be ok to criticize a coach especially if we are in the bottom 15 of defense in the country and he won't make a single adjustment.

Honestly during the game yesterday how many were thinking wow what was tj thinking when he only ran 100% zone? I would be shocked if it's not everyone on the board. I just was more vocal then others.

Comment

You have to give Otz credit for adjusting, putting in the man-to-man and sticking with it, and pulling Daum off the block. Those were the two adjustments that might just get this team back into contention. Other great adjustments: Giving Orris a chance to work out his game, putting Howell into the lineup, and getting Severyn and King (hope his shoulder is OK) onto the floor.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!!!!! By our defense..........

I didn't see the game but followed it on my phone in astonishment. Holding Ft. Wayne to 67 is an awesome accomplishment.

Oh yeah Mike must have been pretty good on the offensive end. Hopefully this is a win that will lift this team for the rest of the season.

GO RABBITS!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                At least one can read the message board and sleep well.

I have to read all the posts and reading posts based on "I told you so" and "look how smart I am (and how wrong you were)" gets old very quickly. Certainly a strong Jacks fan may engage in trolling behavior. Fans aren't beyond trolling -- one can find several examples.

On the Sports Center focus on Daum's performance: if you haven't seen that, you should (I don't know if it will appear on Sports Center any more. I recorded it). The ESPN guy had some fun with the background Pork Classic setting including the pregame pork loin sandwiches. Got a chuckle out of me.
                Last edited by JackJD; 01-22-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

check this twitter for sports center replay
                  https://twitter.com/gojacksmbb?lang=en
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                    great point. Can't be critical of anything otherwise you are a troll.
                    have I been critical of tj ...absolutely. Does that mean I'm a troll, absolutely not. I'm a huge jacks fan but I'm also a realist. It should be ok to criticize a coach especially if we are in the bottom 15 of defense in the country and he won't make a single adjustment.

Honestly during the game yesterday how many were thinking wow what was tj thinking when he only ran 100% zone? I would be shocked if it's not everyone on the board. I just was more vocal then others.
                    Both sides are guilty of ad hominem attacks if a person merely disagrees with their statements. However, I think one objection people may have is your absolutism. For instance, you indicate no adjustments were made, but we had an entire thread devoted to how TJ hadn't settled on a starting rotation yet -- seems like adapting the lineup is an adjustment [just not the (z)one change you wanted to see]

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      Both sides are guilty of ad hominem attacks if a person merely disagrees with their statements. However, I think one objection people may have is your absolutism. For instance, you indicate no adjustments were made, but we had an entire thread devoted to how TJ hadn't settled on a starting rotation yet -- seems like adapting the lineup is an adjustment [just not the (z)one change you wanted to see]
                      That and when you have 58 posts and most of them are negative towards the team/coaching you're creating your own image at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I am now cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season. Win one of two either in Denver or Omaha and we will be sitting pretty good. WIU is the target. Win out and home and we should be fine. Win a few road games and we can work our way up the seedings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Very happy and surprised with the result of this one.

Just make the tournament.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            Very happy and surprised with the result of this one.

Just make the tournament.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                            I agree. Just get us in and anything can happen with our crowd. Dont make it and the USD fans will have to show up or there wont be many people at the games. And im pretty sure that wont happen. I will be there no matter what, the 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              I agree. Just get us in and anything can happen with our crowd. Dont make it and the USD fans will have to show up or there wont be many people at the games. And im pretty sure that wont happen. I will be there no matter what, the 4 days.
                              Same.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Very good win. I think and hope it was the turning point we've been waiting for. Just get in the tourney. I don't really care what seed, but something higher than eighth would be good.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X