Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs. Extinct Hairy Elephants

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I got worried when Severyn nailed the hat trick, but we fortunately got the rebound on the last one. Hess could have easily had at least two more three's - they were halfway down. When Howell plays under control, he is definitely an asset. Orris with 10 assist and only 2 turnovers had his best game. Now if they can just get Telly out of his offensive funk.
    IMO, Howell, King, Severyn, and Orris (when under control) can really bring a high energy (sometimes ugly) to our lineup that the others don't. I still deep down, feel Severyn could bring an attitude to our lineup that we haven't really seen since Grif...maybe one day it will come true.

Comment

Hopefully King's shoulder injury isn't serious. He certainly seemed to be in considerable pain after it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        IMO, Howell, King, Severyn, and Orris (when under control) can really bring a high energy (sometimes ugly) to our lineup that the others don't. I still deep down, feel Severyn could bring an attitude to our lineup that we haven't really seen since Grif...maybe one day it will come true.
        These guys were on the floor or fighting for rebounds or playing sticky defense. The hustle plays today belonged to these guys. It does not always show up under total points for the performance. Also, Thiesen seemed to plug up the middle defensively when he was on the floor. The postgame report indicated that he is still nursing the high ankle problem. It was great to see the energy from the players and the crowd was there to encourage them. 42 points(and 10 boards and 3 assists) from Daum was unbelievable.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Man, that was fun to watch. I sat next to a man at the game that turned to me and said "hey man, this is a great game", I said "oh man, I know!". Credit to the man that coaches our team for being a bigger man and seemingly swallowing his pride.

Comment

I'M SO MAD I HAD TO MISS THIS GAME!!!! I just know Frost was full of fans that were absolutely electric and the students totally in to it! Watching the updates from the ESPN app just kept me in shock and so happy! Kept jumping up and down and showing everyone the score when the game was done (mostly people who didn't understand the meaning of this win.) I'm so proud of this team for this win and showing everyone what they are capable of. I can't wait til I get to watch the replay on espn3! Looking forward the next few games and GO JACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Who ever said we should run man to man I think was on to something and who ever said run the pick and pop and daum. Glad the coaches changed it up. Frankly from the beginning of the season I felt like it was ndsus to lose the conference.
              I'm just going to start sending my posts directly to Otz so he doesn't have to bother finding them on here anymore.

Comment

Per bigticket the pick n pop isn't effective because our guards can't shoot the three. Ha ha just messing with you. But it is kind of funny daum went off on it a day or two after you wrote that.

Comment

Before you throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back, remember you also said Otz would never play man defense, because if it worked it would prove he was wrong. Just messin with ya.

Comment

A few thoughts:

Reed is obviously in an offensive funk. Even if he gets that going, he's still a liability on the defensive end. Consistently gets beat off the dribble. He needs to get going on offense again to keep earning minutes, even if he does, he'll have to guard the other team's worst player on the floor.

I am definitely more optimistic about the team after this game, but we can't rely on the 3 so much if we are going to have much success. Also, we can't rely on Daum to score 40+, but that was really fun to watch.

Last, but certainly not least... Man = good

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Tweet from Kevin Connors, ESPN
                      @GoJacksMBB @dauminator24 @GoJacksSDSU @coachotz @CoachKlink Hope you can catch SportsCenter tonight 10:15 EST. It'll be worth it. #GoJacks
                      Didn't see it...unless it was in the first 10 minutes. Anyone?
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Just saw it...10:10 Sportscenter "Kevin's" picks(or something like that). Guessing it will be on the 11:00 pm Sportscenter.
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Ft Wayne coach talking about the hustle plays of the Jackrabbits.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dXlaEp1HI
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            Just saw it...10:10 Sportscenter "Kevin's" picks(or something like that). Guessing it will be on the 11:00 pm Sportscenter.
                            Star of the night. Talked about the game being the pork classic. Do they still auction the hog at halftime?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Star of the night. Talked about the game being the pork classic. Do they still auction the hog at halftime?
                              That would be hogssss.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Before you throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back, remember you also said Otz would never play man defense, because if it worked it would prove he was wrong. Just messin with ya.
                                LOL. Good comment -- he'll need a bag of ice on his shoulder. (I get tired of those who profess to be Jacks fans but engage in irritating and trolling behavior.)

Comment

Working...
                                X