GDT: @IUPUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @IUPUI

They are the home guys. They are more professional than most on the ESPN 3. They do fair amount of research as well.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

45-43 IUPUI at halftime. Jags nail a 30 footer at the buzzer to close the half.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

8 3 point shots made. Wow.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
          Stop switching to zone... man actually looks good.. or looks not terrible

By how they are playing with man, my personal assumptions are probably right with them working on it in practice but not using it in games. It certainly looks better than it did in the beginning of the year.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Severyn played! Hhhhmmmm!!
            When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Thanks, I should have said *more of. But Still I get what you said, and hadn't really given it enough thought before posting. I guess.
              Well, to get more specific on my end. If the coaching staff is working with the player and emphasizing defensive principles and the player just isn't getting it, then it's more on the player. If the player isn't worked with and preached the defensive principles, then it's more on the coaching staff.

The thing about switching defenses so much is that, while it can throw the offense out of rhythm, the defenses also have different guarding principles, so it can throw off the defender as well.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

The man-to-man defense isn't bad. They forced IUPUI into a few bad shots. It was great to see King and Severyn in there playing some D. King had a couple of nice offensive plays, too.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Reed is all out of whack. Funny how playing 14 different defenses (none of which remotely work) and 22 different rotations will do that to a guy..
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Oh, and we shot 63% in the half and trail...against a bad team. Again.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      8 3 point shots made. Wow.
                      I'll defended the defense a little here. Most of these makes by IUPUI at least were semi-contested or from well beyond the 3 point line. We're playing better defense right now than we did only giving up 25 to the Bison in the first half a few weeks ago. Far from good defense, but better. I just want to see improvement on that end of the floor, and I think I've seen some despite the points given up.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Oh, and we shot 63% in the half and trail...against a bad team. Again.
                        I've been tough on TJ about the defense, but he does appear to have a pretty good offensive mind. A lot of that offense came when the best offensive player in the conference was in foul trouble and we also didn't have many shooters on the court to stretch the floor. He is finding a way to get players in position to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Just wondering, who started? The twitter feed didn't say. But it mentioned Thiessen and Wallace both early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            I'll defended the defense a little here. Most of these makes by IUPUI at least were semi-contested or from well beyond the 3 point line. We're playing better defense right now than we did only giving up 25 to the Bison in the first half a few weeks ago. Far from good defense, but better. I just want to see improvement on that end of the floor, and I think I've seen some despite the points given up.
                            14 attempts by Jags from long range. The book is out on Jackrabbits. Defense may need to extend to slow shooters.

Comment

Wallace needs free throws

Comment

52-50 IUPUI and the under 16 media timeout.

I have to give Orris a ton of credit. He has started to come on during the Wichita State game and he is playing the best out of guards in conference play. He looks really good tonight too.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X