Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU VS MINNESOTA CROOKSTON

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Somethings up. Never sees the floor at the end of games either.
    It must be bad. We knew Orris couldn't score, but ball security and defense were to be his strengths. Wallace is getting too many minutes right now IMO...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Theisen high scorer? Story?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
        #solazy

Comment

This game was similar to the Milwaukee game in that it was a stat builder for nearly every player. Theisen was in the right place at the right time with 6-7 shooting from the field and a buzzer beater 3 point shot at the half. 3-3 at the line was another stat builder. The bigger story coming out of this team is the improvement of players like Hess on the defensive side of the ball which must be part to the playing of the zone. The team had 7 steals and 4 blocks. Another similar story to Sunday was the 65% shooting which include 12-21 beyond the arc. Shot selection and torrid success behind the line scored 90 points following 81 against Milwaukee. The game Saturday against UMKC will verify how the zone and offense are doing against a guard type team which squeaked by the Yotes in KC. 23 assists on the 32 made buckets is a good sign.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Overall team played well. Crookston never really tried any ball pressure on defense so it is kinda hard to read too much as it was a mismatch at every position. I hope TJ and Skyler get their differences figured out. We are a better team with him on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              Overall team played well. Crookston never really tried any ball pressure on defense so it is kinda hard to read too much as it was a mismatch at every position. I hope TJ and Skyler get their differences figured out. We are a better team with him on the floor.
              Skylar had 18 minutes tonight. Seems like a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Skylar had 18 minutes tonight. Seems like a good sign.
                Personally, I'd like to see that number at 25+
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  The starters barely played that many minutes tonight. He was 6th on the team in minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    I agree. I got to watch him all thru high school and he just has so much natural ability. He is a player that makes things look so effortless you can wonder at times if he is really trying. I look forward to more down the road.

Comment

Problem with Flatten is not the offensive side but the defensive side, the zone may help. You could say the same thing about Hess but Hess provides a scoring option Flatten does not.

Comment

The guy who hit 7 threes last night only had 7 in five games this season before last night on 21 attempts for a 33% ave.

Comment

Definitely lazy! Should've had 25!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            The guy who hit 7 threes last night only had 7 in five games this season before last night on 21 attempts for a 33% ave.
                            Idaho fans(if there are many) were probably saying, "The guy that hit 7 threes last night was only 2-16 before the game". Of course they would be talking about AJ Hess when he went 7-12 from 3 against them. Hess 2-16 the first 5 games, 17-41 the last 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              Idaho fans(if there are many) were probably saying, "The guy that hit 7 threes last night was only 2-16 before the game". Of course they would be talking about AJ Hess when he went 7-12 from 3 against them. Hess 2-16 the first 5 games, 17-41 the last 5 games.
                              Heck, I was even thinking that.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Something else that needs to be factored in with determining Flatten's minutes is his injury history. He's spent more time sidelined by various ailments than any recent Jack that I can remember. !5-20 minutes may be a good level for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X