California GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California GDT

The Cal defense might be something we did not or could not be prepared. Daum had several close shots swatted in the first half(sorry I went to bed at half) and that is something that might be a bit of needed sobering as the team starts preparing for the next game. Cal's game plan might also be why King was able to jump into action the first half. I would expect the coaching staff to have learned more than the players after this game. Next game is Monday.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
      The coach we brought in was known for being such a good recruiter. I understand he had to sign 4 guys late last year, but they were all juco or senior transfer who should be somewhat ready to play. They managed 31 minutes combined.

We got out-rebounded 54 to 26 and gave up 15 offensive rebounds.

Our home win streak is done this year. If the d2 programs we are playing are average, even those are in question.

Our conditioning doesn't match what we supposedly want to do on offense(play fast). We were winded three minutes into the game.

Tevin King looked solid. Aggressive but more polished than last year.

Daum really struggled tonight. I expect him to bounce back.

This is gonna be a long season.
      There is a reason why our previous coach left after last season and it wasn't just money. This team is going to have growing pains. Let's hold off judging them for a few more games, shall we?
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Easy....got our asses kicked. No further explanation needed. Didn't do anything well and Cal played really good. On to the next game.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          No kidding. This message board is going to have plenty of ugly moments over the next month or two. If you can't handle some bumps in the road, I'd tune out on MBB for a few weeks.
          Shortest.Honeymoon.Ever.

Comment

Holy Cow! First game on the road against a very quality opponent and we lay an egg. Now people are hitting the panic button.

R-E-L-A-X!!!

Yep, that must have been ugly. Didn't watch it. Didn't need to looking at the stat sheet. They got their asses handed to them. It was disappointing but may not be an entirely bad thing. I've been a little wary of all of the press coming in and how good they are supposed to be. Getting knocked in the mouth like that may snap them back to reality.

It will take some time for things to come together. A new coaching staff, a new system, a bunch of new players, and graduating a lot of seniors. Classic basketball recipe for some struggles. There will be more that will be ugly. Let's give everyone a chance to get used to their roles including the coaches.

For someone to suggest Nagy left because he knew they may struggle a bit this year is crazy talk. He left here to go to a school that just fired a 23-game winning coach that was second in their conference, second in their conference tournament, and lost 70% of their offense to graduation. He got paid and deserved too. However, the situation he moved into will be a major challenge to say the least.

My motto is as long as we are still playing football it is too early to be too worried about how the basketball teams are playing.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
            X