Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-17 Running Rabitts

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I'm guessing the people calling Ian lazy really have no clue the commitment and hard work it takes to play BB successfully at the DI level.
    Wow, lazy is completely relative, quit acting like I'm saying that he's just as lazy as some obese dude that can barely get in and out of his recliner. I'm saying that he's lazy relative to the other players on the jacks team and many players on other teams. I thought people would be smart enough to realize that since we're talking about him as a basketball player, not as a person in general. Next time I'll completely spell out what my opinion is so I don't get jumped.

Comment

Re: 2016-17 Running Rabbits

Awesome thread everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        ......he's just as lazy as some obese dude that can barely get in and out of his recliner..........
        Leave me out of this! And get your facts straight....its my FUTON, not a recliner.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Jacks picked to finish 2nd in Summit poll, Daum POY and 1st team; Telly 2nd team.
          At the risk of ignoring the current gutter-bound trajectory of this thread, I'd like to comment on the preseason poll......

It's great to see the new-look team getting that level of respect from those that know the league best. That says a lot about the program in general. Will the level of play live up to the hype? Who knows? Given the turnover, I'd be thrilled to see a top-3 finish.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I'm guessing the people calling Ian lazy really have no clue the commitment and hard work it takes to play BB successfully at the DI level.
            Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              ..... It's great to see the new-look team getting that level of respect from those that know the league best. That says a lot about the program in general. Will the level of play live up to the hype? Who knows? Given the turnover, I'd be thrilled to see a top-3 finish.
              I agree. It's great to see the Jack men and two of its players ranked highly, especially considering the high-quality guards that the team lost to graduation.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                You won't get an argument from me. Ian has some positive attributes and he will fit into his role but I think it will be a limited this year.

Things will be much different then the Nagy years. TJ made that pretty clear. There will be more 3/4 and full court pressure using zones and traps and less man-to-man defense. Jacks are going to push the ball and look for the first open, high percentage shot which is often a 3 in an offense like TJ has planned.

At least that's what I've gathered from talking briefly with him. Time will tell.
                Agree with all of this...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Wow, lazy is completely relative, quit acting like I'm saying that he's just as lazy as some obese dude that can barely get in and out of his recliner. I'm saying that he's lazy relative to the other players on the jacks team and many players on other teams. I thought people would be smart enough to realize that since we're talking about him as a basketball player, not as a person in general. Next time I'll completely spell out what my opinion is so I don't get jumped.
                  It is true, you are addressing a large group of sub-intelligent beings. Please keep digging the hole deeper! You have successfully spelled lazy.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    It is true, you are addressing a large group of sub-intelligent beings. Please keep digging the hole deeper! You have successfully spelled lazy.

Comment

FWIW: Ian is now out of the boot and ready to go. I suspect the push for playing time from the bench will be between him and Adam Dykman. But, then, what do I know. It is going to be an interesting year. Daum, Tellinghuisen, Wallace, Flatten and Gentry just might fit Otzelberger's fast-paced starting five.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        FWIW: Ian is now out of the boot and ready to go. I suspect the push for playing time from the bench will be between him and Adam Dykman. But, then, what do I know. It is going to be an interesting year. Daum, Tellinghuisen, Wallace, Flatten and Gentry just might fit Otzelberger's fast-paced starting five.
                        This is probably correct since you have many sources. I would think by now TJ has gotten to know each player and has a very uptodate attitude check. No one has left so that seems to indicate that attitude checks came out okay. Basketball is very hard on the feet. What is preceived as laziness is often a very painful condition or an injury.

Comment

Apparently Jeff Van Gundy was talking to the team today....

JVG.jpg

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...92842851704833

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Apparently Jeff Van Gundy was talking to the team today....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]836[/ATTACH]

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...92842851704833
                            T.J. is seriously connected...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Just watched the Facebook live feed with Gary Parish interviewing AJ and TJ. So NB that's pretty neat.

https://www.facebook.com/GoJacksSDSU/

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                Just watched the Facebook live feed with Gary Parish interviewing AJ and TJ. So NB that's pretty neat.

https://www.facebook.com/GoJacksSDSU/
                                Hopefully they will get a decent turnout, it seems like this will be a neat event. It's great to see basketball get going. I can't wait to see these two teams take the court; one has so many new pieces and the other has top-25 potential. We're pretty fortunate with SDSU basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X