2016-17 Running Rabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-17 Running Rabitts

I just hope we don't play so fast and shoot so many 3's that we forget to throw it down on the block to that one dude that's pretty good...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      I just hope we don't play so fast and shoot so many 3's that we forget to throw it down on the block to that one dude that's pretty good...
      That would be a travesty.... As the drunk guy sitting in front of me at the Summit Tourney yelled out 500 times over three days, "POUND IT IN TO DAUM!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        That would be a travesty.... As the drunk guy sitting in front of me at the Summit Tourney yelled out 500 times over three days, "POUND IT IN TO DAUM!!!".
        Drunk he may have been, Wrong he wasn't. lol From my perspective it's kind of funny, from yours I'm sure it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Drunk he may have been, Wrong he wasn't. lol From my perspective it's kind of funny, from yours I'm sure it wasn't.
          I found him entertaining, for the most part. He was a riot when things were going well, bringing tons of enthusiasm to the area. It was a different story when the Jacks were struggling and you might recall how that was the case for 95% of the first two games.

There's no arguing his point, however. Pound that ball in to Daum! I can't wait to see this year's team take shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I found him entertaining, for the most part. He was a riot when things were going well, bringing tons of enthusiasm to the area. It was a different story when the Jacks were struggling and you might recall how that was the case for 95% of the first two games.

There's no arguing his point, however. Pound that ball in to Daum! I can't wait to see this year's team take shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Well, we'll have to talk to JackMD about his attitude over a few beers. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be amazed if the probable preseason player of the year is not involved in the offense. I would expect that defenses will need to double or triple team this guy. I would also expect to see more of the great ball handling that could find open players as a result of the attempt to slow down Daum's offense. There will be many opportunities for the offense to setup and require the ball to go through Daum. If the shot is not there on the break, the offense likely will run through Daum. Which player in the Summit League(or most any OOC game) will be able to dominate Daum defensively? Also, I am not hearing anyone revisiting the defensive schemes TJ mentioned in his early releases. He had alluded to a number of defenses that may be switched to throughout a game. I would not start thinking up-tempo offense is the Omaha standard for a game and a close finish in the 90's. I am looking forward to this basketball season to be as successful as last season and maybe a bit more exciting with TJ's energy.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

North Carolina traditionally plays at one of the fastest paces in college basketball, and their Big men seem to do ok with it.

It actually can help the big score inside more, if they can get down the court quickly (and Daum is athletic enough to do so).

You push the ball up the sideline, and throw it inside, if it's a 1 on 1, before help defense can get there.

It's one of the simplest things you can do, yet it's still very effective, even at an elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  I would be amazed if the probable preseason player of the year is not involved in the offense. I would expect that defenses will need to double or triple team this guy. I would also expect to see more of the great ball handling that could find open players as a result of the attempt to slow down Daum's offense. There will be many opportunities for the offense to setup and require the ball to go through Daum. If the shot is not there on the break, the offense likely will run through Daum. Which player in the Summit League(or most any OOC game) will be able to dominate Daum defensively? Also, I am not hearing anyone revisiting the defensive schemes TJ mentioned in his early releases. He had alluded to a number of defenses that may be switched to throughout a game. I would not start thinking up-tempo offense is the Omaha standard for a game and a close finish in the 90's. I am looking forward to this basketball season to be as successful as last season and maybe a bit more exciting with TJ's energy.
                  Daum and Theisen can both run, I expect the faster pace will help open both by opening up the game. It will be hard for a team like NDSU to bog up the middle if they can't get their feet planted long enough to drag down the pace.

I do think the pace TJ is going to play definitively answers the question as to why the Illinois recruit Nagy had coming in de-committed from SDSU and ended up at Wright State. It would seem that as long as TJ is here we will be bringing in athletic big guys who will need to be able to run the floor. I expect a fun season.

Comment

Daum and Theisen can both run, I expect the faster pace will help both by opening up the game. It will be hard for a team like NDSU to bog up the middle if they can't get their feet planted long enough to drag down the pace.

I do think the pace TJ is going to play definitively answers the question as to why the Illinois recruit Nagy had coming in de-committed from SDSU and ended up at Wright State. It would seem that as long as TJ is here we will be bringing in athletic big guys who will need to be able to run the floor. I expect a fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      Daum and Theisen can both run
                      Saying that Theisen can run is subjective. He's definitely not nearly as fast as Daum, and it depends on whether he's deciding to be lazy on a particular play. I recall many times seeing him just not running hard or not hustling on defense and getting benched.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Saying that Theisen can run is subjective. He's definitely not nearly as fast as Daum, and it depends on whether he's deciding to be lazy on a particular play. I recall many times seeing him just not running hard or not hustling on defense and getting benched.
                        Comparing Theisen to Daum as a sprinter is not a comparison I would encourage. If Ian was not hustling because he could not sprint as fast as someone, that is a coach's call which may be Ian is not blessed with the footspeed required during a stretch of the game. Ian's endurance may also be why he did not spend longer periods of time in the game. He was playing fewer minutes than most starters. Oh, by the way, Daum might have been his sub. The claim that Ian is lazy might be subjective.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

LOL, pretty sure there were a couple thousand people yelling that for the duration of the SLT.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think Theisen has decent speed when he wants to, his mannerisms/body type make his speed deceptive. His first step is very, very quick which can make up for flat out running ability. He wouldn't have been a starter and successful on last year's team without some speed. How long he can maintain a sprint might be a different story...
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Comparing Theisen to Daum as a sprinter is not a comparison I would encourage. If Ian was not hustling because he could not sprint as fast as someone, that is a coach's call which may be Ian is not blessed with the footspeed required during a stretch of the game. Ian's endurance may also be why he did not spend longer periods of time in the game. He was playing fewer minutes than most starters. Oh, by the way, Daum might have been his sub. The claim that Ian is lazy might be subjective.
                              My claim that he is lazy is definitely subjective, but I would contend that it is often accurate.

Comment

When I say run it isn't necessarily about sprinting speed but ability to handle the ball in a faster paced transition style. Maybe I should have stated that he has the skills to not be a liability in a faster paced game.

My guess is if he takes plays off (you call it lazy) TJ won't have him in the lineup very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X