Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

@mikemiller_13 "Of course it took 9 days. Had 2 coaches in close to @cucoachmac in process one turned down other accepted."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I invite the new members of the board who joined in the past week and provided good entertainment about whether TJ should be the head coach, to make at least one more visit on this board, telling a little bit about themselves. For example, one guy deflected a question with a comment that he was a taxpayer (implying that he was a South Dakota taxpayer --- I have decent evidence that shows he's hunkered down in the middle of Iowa, apparently looking to grind the dull axe he was carrying).

Nah, those anti-TJ guys are probably long gone. But, we may have picked up a new fan or too from the pro-TJ guys. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        @mikemiller_13 "Of course it took 9 days. Had 2 coaches in close to @cucoachmac in process one turned down other accepted."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Does this qualify as putting Sell on blast yet?

Link to entire tweet:
        https://twitter.com/MikeMiller_13/st...69416799985664
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

Link to entire tweet:
          It doesn't seem too bad to me but I'm wearing my big boy pants.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            It doesn't seem too bad to me but I'm wearing my big boy pants.
            Solid! 😃
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

Link to entire tweet:
              Mike needs to move on before he makes an a$$ of himself and his family. Or maybe he already has

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Mike needs to move on before he makes an a$$ of himself and his family. Or maybe he already has
                I wonder if he is pushing so hard for Ryan to get a job because he wants to be on his staff?

Who really cares, we landed the best candidate. And one that was interested in keeping an important assistant coach.

Onto the season we go!
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  He appears to be honing his skills at burning his bridges before he crosses them.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I wonder if he is pushing so hard for Ryan to get a job because he wants to be on his staff?
                    If that is the case, does Mike have a college degree (he left Fl early)? You need a college degree to coach at the college level. Right?

Comment

• Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Mike Miller was saying it only took 9 days because Sell was only looking at 2 people. 1 passed so the other got it. Not really that big of a deal. I mean that is essentially what happened. Sell only vetted two guys
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Mike Miller was saying it only took 9 days because Sell was only looking at 2 people. 1 passed so the other got it. Not really that big of a deal. I mean that is essentially what happened. Sell only vetted two guys
                        On Craig Mattick's Sports Talk radio show, he said when he was at the press conference today, he found out that the players knew on Sunday who they were going to hire. I'm not sure if he meant that's when the players found out who the candidates were, or if he was already essentially hired at that point. Doesn't really matter, I just thought it was interesting that he mentioned that.

Comment

Maybe it is a matter of semantics. I would argue that based on what has been said, Sells and the committee reviewed a large number of candidates, all that applied. then they interviewed by telephone a smaller number of semifinalist and then brought 2 to campus for a full interview. This is a tremendous amount of work in such a short time. Normally one only does a full "vetting" of of one or two finalists.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            Maybe it is a matter of semantics. I would argue that based on what has been said, Sells and the committee reviewed a large number of candidates, all that applied. then they interviewed by telephone a smaller number of semifinalist and then brought 2 to campus for a full interview. This is a tremendous amount of work in such a short time. Normally one only does a full "vetting" of of one or two finalists.
                            I agree. Sell said they started with about 50 and whittled that down to 7. I assume they got to 2 in the manner you said. Of course, only Justin Sell and Mike Miller know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              I agree. Sell said they started with about 50 and whittled that down to 7. I assume they got to 2 in the manner you said. Of course, only Justin Sell and Mike Miller know for sure.
                              LOL spitting straight fire
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

... I mean that is essentially what happened. Sell only vetted two guys
                                Your statement indicates you know something that is not widely known. That makes me wonder how your reached your conclusion.

What is your definition of "vetted"? YOUR definition -- not a definition from a dictionary. Next, what did Justin Sell do that didn't fit your definition of vetted...and, how do you know what Justin Sell did in checking out candidates? Using your definition of vetted, when should the vetting process commence and how long should it continue? When did Justin Sell start the vetting process? How long did the vetting process continue under Justin Sell?

If Justin Sell has been working on a list of potential coaches for years, does that change your opinion? Go listen to his interviews from the past 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X