Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

And now Mike Miller is blasting Sell on twitter. C'mon Miller family and supporters...you're better than this. Aren't you?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      And now Mike Miller is blasting Sell on twitter. C'mon Miller family and supporters...you're better than this. Aren't you?
      I would hardly called what he posted blasting! You are better than that too. Sticking up for a family member nothing wrong with that.

Comment

I dont know if I would calling it blasting. All his tweet said was, "This is very interesting. I wonder why? Sell must of been leaning hard on his Northern Iowa roots."

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I would hardly called what he posted blasting! You are better than that too. Sticking up for a family member nothing wrong with that.
          He openly called out Sell on a public social media profile. Yes, that is being put on blast. You can stick up for your family in better ways, imo.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

This series of tweets makes it appear like Sell's first choice for the job passed and TJ was his second choice.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...33502411968512
            USD Fan

Comment

He openly called out Sell on a public social media profile. Yes, that is being put on blast. You can stick up for your family in better ways, imo.
              Mike Miller's tweet is not calling out Sell or "putting him on blast". You're trying to make something out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                This series of tweets makes it appear like Sell's first choice for the job passed and TJ was his second choice.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...33502411968512
                Darian DeVries reportedly "withdrew interest" from the position earlier this week. He was likely Sell's first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  Mike Miller's tweet is not calling out Sell or "putting him on blast". You're trying to make something out of nothing.
                  He is openly questioning Sell's decision and he tagged him in the tweet. He has close to 400k followers. I stand by my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    MJA you're alive!
                    Agreed, The fact that MJA is back to the message board circles is like the seeing a Saber tooth Tiger wondering the valleys between Baltic and Dell Rapids.....this is a gift to us all

Comment

Put on your big boy pants jacks1 this isn't even close to bashing Sell.....the fan SDSU fan base should be the ones who are disappointed in how this was handled and decided before the interviews really even took place.

A D1 AD is like a Regional Manager or Division Manager of a large corporation, they should be experts in interviewing candidates and selecting the best person from the pool, not just select favorites and members of good old boys clubs. A skilled interviewer will see potential others don't see, they'll see red flags others don't see, they'll challenge candidates and see how they think on their feet. None of this was done by Sell, period! He reverted back to his comfort zone and went into his old buddy bag to pull out the new coach; this is what the fan base should be upset with. Everyday athletes and students in Brookings are asked to push their limits and extend their boundaries, why isn't Sell asked to do the same thing.

A prime example of this specific case happened 2 years ago to a former SDSU graduate assistant, Matt Wilber. When Wilber applied for the DWU head coaching job he was in no way the favorite for the job. He had zero head coaching experience and really no recent college coaching experience either. However, DWU administration sat down with multiple candidates, some of which on paper blew Wilber out of the water with experience and relationships to the Mitchell community. But a strange thing happened, Wilber went into the interview and knocked it out of the park. There wasn't a question in anybody's mind who the next coach of DWU should've been and now 2 years later Wilber isn't viewed in the same light as he was prior and DWU basketball is on a huge upswing, just look at the recruiting class they landed this year, unreal really. Well done by DWU and they deserve the rewards of what they did. What did Justin Sell do? Nothing close to this and that's why the Jack fan base should be upset in the process he employed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsiouxjack View Post
                        Put on your big boy pants jacks1...
                        I would encourage Miller's fan club to do the same...

Comment

Usually when interviews or "feelers" are sent out, there's usually more to the discussion than meets the eye. For one, salary, how many scholarships, recruiting budget, school systems for kids/family, do we have money to bring schools to our arena to play us?, etc. It may very well be that Miller may have had a better opportunity as a Power conference assistant in his eyes or maybe Sells left the convo feeling SDSU didn't have the budget to meet Miller's vision. After watching that documentary on the Duke Lacrosse team, I've become cautious on giving into sensationalism and consider all the facts before passing judgement. Even then, most mid major/low major D1 schools would put the school up for sale to get a guy with Otz' resume'.

Comment

Put on your big boy pants jacks1 this isn't even close to bashing Sell.....the fan SDSU fan base should be the ones who are disappointed in how this was handled and decided before the interviews really even took place.

A D1 AD is like a Regional Manager or Division Manager of a large corporation, they should be experts in interviewing candidates and selecting the best person from the pool, not just select favorites and members of good old boys clubs. A skilled interviewer will see potential others don't see, they'll see red flags others don't see, they'll challenge candidates and see how they think on their feet. None of this was done by Sell, period! He reverted back to his comfort zone and went into his old buddy bag to pull out the new coach; this is what the fan base should be upset with. Everyday athletes and students in Brookings are asked to push their limits and extend their boundaries, why isn't Sell asked to do the same thing.

A prime example of this specific case happened 2 years ago to a former SDSU graduate assistant, Matt Wilber. When Wilber applied for the DWU head coaching job he was in no way the favorite for the job. He had zero head coaching experience and really no recent college coaching experience either. However, DWU administration sat down with multiple candidates, some of which on paper blew Wilber out of the water with experience and relationships to the Mitchell community. But a strange thing happened, Wilber went into the interview and knocked it out of the park. There wasn't a question in anybody's mind who the next coach of DWU should've been and now 2 years later Wilber isn't viewed in the same light as he was prior and DWU basketball is on a huge upswing, just look at the recruiting class they landed this year, unreal really. Well done by DWU and they deserve the rewards of what they did. What did Justin Sell do? Nothing close to this and that's why the Jack fan base should be upset in the process he employed.
                            Thanks for speaking for all the sdsu fan base. Being from Mitchell i would have loved to see Miller as the next coach. But im not upset or dissappointed. Im excited about next season.

Comment

I think we got a good coach who I hope takes the program to the next level, but the above reflects my feeling about the process.

Comment

Heard thru the grapevine that ESPN has already ordered a 30 for 30 documentary on this hiring process. Working titles open for suggestion.

Play at with the big boys and you get big boy results. I'll let the results on the court over the next few years speak to the hire. Personally, nothing surprises me and I could care less how we got to this point assuming everything was legal.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X