Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
    anyone who thinks this was an open race between multiple candidates is incorrect. It doesn't matter because at the end of the day it's sells call and his Job is on the line.

This was a contest between devries and tj who are both very well connected to sell. If a job is offered before interviews take place for other candidates that is considered a token offer for whatever there reasoning on not bringing them to campus etc.

at the end this is sells decision and he is going with someone he knows and relationships do matter

my concern is if you look at 7-10 seasons this guy has been a part of the program he's less than .500 overall and 35-80 in conference play. Assistants shouldn't shoulder the blame but who are the learning from and what culture they come from is important. If sell didn't have the connection to tj I would be shocked if he was a serious candidate.

we hired a guy who 3/4 of his career has lost....to me its concerning
    Does that mean Klinkefus should have have got the Wright State job instead of Nagy since assistants are most responsible for wins and losses?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      What about Ryan Miller has prevented him from getting a head coaching position? Mainly the job to the south of us that was open just a couple years ago? If he is such a slam dunk for this job you'd have thought USD would have snatched him up ASAP.
      Bingo.

Comment

Goodman now reporting it.

Capture.jpg

Comment

Wow, that UW-Milwaukee situation is a train wreck. I checked out a couple of message boards just to get an idea of what happened. While TJ may have lost his opportunity to go home he is much better off away from that situation. It got so heated that one of their message boards shut down for a few days for a cooling off period. The AD is in limbo, the team in turmoil, I feel sorry for the new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            Wow, that UW-Milwaukee situation is a train wreck. I checked out a couple of message boards just to get an idea of what happened. While TJ may have lost his opportunity to go home he is much better off away from that situation. It got so heated that one of their message boards shut down for a few days for a cooling off period. The AD is in limbo, the team in turmoil, I feel sorry for the new coach.
            you don't know the half of it. Don't judge anyone by something affiliated with UWM. Their athletic department is a mess right now.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Does that mean Klinkefus should have have got the Wright State job instead of Nagy since assistants are most responsible for wins and losses?
              Never said assistants were the most responsible, go read my post. You guys are right though assistants have 0 impact on roster, character, and record.

Comment

Well here we go!!!

South Dakota State University
                Wednesday, April 13, 2016
                Trouble viewing this email? Click here
                Please add noreply@collegiateathleticnews.com to your address book
                South Dakota State University will introduce its new men's basketball coach during an on-campus announcement on Thursday, April 14.

The announcement will take place at 3 p.m. Central Time at Frost Arena.

The announcement is open to the public.

Comment

Its not like Miller was passed over by some grad assistant at Dakota State. TJ is a solid choice, is there some question marks? Of course there is, just like there was with every candidate. If any of these candidates were perfect they wouldn't be interviewing for a job in South Dakota whether its D-I or not.

I'm guessing some whispers will be told on why Miller was passed over or why TJ was the guy, but nothing definite will ever be reported. I think Miller would have been a great coach, I think TJ will do fine, I think any of the 5-6 major names reported would have done well. Hell I think I could have done alright with the job (ok maybe that is a stretch).

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    you don't know the half of it. Don't judge anyone by something affiliated with UWM. Their athletic department is a mess right now.
                    As an alum, I just gotta shake my head...

Comment

(filbert ponders, tapping a finger on his cheek . . . )

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        Well here we go!!!

South Dakota State University
                        Wednesday, April 13, 2016
                        Trouble viewing this email? Click here
                        Please add noreply@collegiateathleticnews.com to your address book
                        South Dakota State University will introduce its new men's basketball coach during an on-campus announcement on Thursday, April 14.

The announcement will take place at 3 p.m. Central Time at Frost Arena.

The announcement is open to the public.
                        Kobe Bryant.

(Heh.)
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I am curious to see the assistants he brings in, arguably more important, also expect him to target a grad transfer.

Comment

MJA you're alive!

Comment

Dude! Where the H-E-double-hockey-sticks have you been?
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                Dude! Where the H-E-double-hockey-sticks have you been?
                                Agreed...you've been missed!

Comment

Working...
                                X