Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Transfers Leaving

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Yeah one is a whole lot more professional than the other.

"Nick Goeman ‏@NickESPN991
    I said rumors buddy. Not that he was. Just because he says he's staying now doesn't mean he can't change his mind later"
    -when responding to a person about the Keloland article.

How ridiculous is this guy!?
    Rumor is SDSU is going to fire Stig and hire #chuckthepigskin guy.

It's a rumor, guys. Not saying it's happening, just saying it could!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Rumor is SDSU is going to fire Stig and hire #chuckthepigskin guy.

It's a rumor, guys. Not saying it's happening, just saying it could!
      You should be on the radio!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        You're not a nice person.
        Ha, I was obviously kidding, and even if he did, that last couple plays will be replayed forever. Awesome finish.

Comment

I said rumors buddy. Not that he was. Just because he says he's staying now doesn't mean he can't change his mind later"

Very

Comment

Daum is staying! Now he just needs to get the colors right, blue and YELLOW

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Ha, I was obviously kidding, and even if he did, that last couple plays will be replayed forever. Awesome finish.
              Ya, I forgot the smiley.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                The times I've listened to their internet stream, Thurn comes across as having an exceedingly high opinion of himself.

I'd like to see him go for an hour with somebody like Soren Petro from 810 WHB here in Kansas City. My guess is that would take him down a peg or two.
                His credentials/pedigree are better than anyone else covering sports in South Dakota (and maybe better than any journalist, period). He gets awesome national guests that you wouldn't expect to a South Dakota radio show.

With that being said, he has a very high opinion of himself. I believe he feels that he is doing SD a favor by living here. I believe he fancies himself as a Colin Cowherd type - create controversy where there is none and never admit when you are wrong.

I used to listen every day, got tired of him treating SDSU like an after thought and dial up something on my phone instead.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Sounds like he would fit right in on cable 24 hour news.

Be a professional. Say something like "sometimes sources are wrong, stay tuned for more SDSU news."
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Or, as a professional journalist (if you can even call him that), don't post information where you have to qualify it as "RUMOR ONLY".

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Or, as a professional journalist (if you can even call him that), don't post information where you have to qualify it as "RUMOR ONLY".
                      bingo

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        His credentials/pedigree are better than anyone else covering sports in South Dakota (and maybe better than any journalist, period). He gets awesome national guests that you wouldn't expect to a South Dakota radio show.

With that being said, he has a very high opinion of himself. I believe he feels that he is doing SD a favor by living here. I believe he fancies himself as a Colin Cowherd type - create controversy where there is none and never admit when you are wrong.

I used to listen every day, got tired of him treating SDSU like an after thought and dial up something on my phone instead.
                        That's my fundamental criticism of his show: he seems to think he's doing a national radio sports talk show; he wants to talk about national sports topics (IMHO) to the exclusion of local sports. There are plenty of other places you can get sports talk with a national orientation.

You can count on one hand (and have fingers remaining) the outlets where you can get local SD sports talk--and a lot of that talk is not about SD's D-I colleges--it's about high school sports, minor league hockey/basketball, NAIA and D-II schools, and things even more wildly obscure than that.

It occurs to me that we have strayed somewhat from the topic of the thread, but since the topic of the thread is pretty iffy from my point of view anyway . . . carry on!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think the proper description of that fellow is "radio personality". He's not a journalist.

Comment

I've never heard of him.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I think the proper description of that fellow is "radio personality". He's not a journalist.
                              And with a lot of these folks, the "personality" part is suspect, too!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I think this is a spot on description of him and the show. The national guest list is intriguing and what kept (ok maybe a little keeps) drawing me back. And then he talks...and it's all over for me again.

Comment

Working...
                                X