Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers Leaving

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Unfortunately with today's coaching news I'm hearing there will be more transfers. This is going to be ugly for a while.
    You must have great sources as the news only broke two hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      You must have great sources as the news only broke two hours ago.
      With stuff like this, the coach sometimes tells the team before it leaks. Could have happened with Nagy.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        With stuff like this, the coach sometimes tells the team before it leaks. Could have happened with Nagy.
        @nickespn991

"Just confirmed that players received a phone call from Nagy today confirming his departure to Wright State."

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          @nickespn991

"Just confirmed that players received a phone call from Nagy today confirming his departure to Wright State."
          A phone call? Could have told them to their faces.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            A phone call? Could have told them to their faces.
            He probably had to because I believe he's in Houston at the Final Four.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              He probably had to because I believe he's in Houston at the Final Four.
              Good point.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I've heard that it sounds like the players are going to see how things turn out in the following days. I'm sure they are all just pretty confused right now. The hire needs to be soon and the right guy.
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  @nickespn991

Nick needs to check his sources. Nagy told the players face to face late this afternoon.

Comment

If Ryan Miller gets it daum would have to consider staying. Pick n pop players recruited by Ryan and drafted first round...Cameron bairstow, Stephen Zimmerman, darrington Hobson, tony snell (wing). Other than Zimmerman the other three weren't highly recruited and players we could get here with recruiting connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksin View Post
                      If Ryan Miller gets it daum would have to consider staying. Pick n pop players recruited by Ryan and drafted first round...Cameron bairstow, Stephen Zimmerman, darrington Hobson, tony snell (wing). Other than Zimmerman the other three weren't highly recruited and players we could get here with recruiting connections.
                      Only one of those guys was drafted 1st round...and Zimmerman just declared. Facts are kinda important.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7
                        Uh oh. More info from him.

"Interesting to see what Mike Daum does at SDSU. He may leave for a bigger program now. I've heard RUMORS ONLY of Iowa St. as a possibility." - @nickespn991.
                        Nick's 0-2

Leaving this post intact even though it quotes speculation because it has some value as noted by YanktonJack7 pointing out Nick is batting 0 - 2 so far.
                        Last edited by JackJD; 04-03-2016, 10:40 PM.

Comment

You commit to play for the school, not the coach. Sell shouldn't let some mass exodus happen just because Nagy leaves. That's not how this works.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            Nick needs to check his sources. Nagy told the players face to face late this afternoon.
                            I can confirm this.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              You commit to play for the school, not the coach. Sell shouldn't let some mass exodus happen just because Nagy leaves. That's not how this works.
                              That's kind of disingenuous, right? A big reason a lot of kids commit is for the coach. The coach can leave whenever he or she wants, regardless of contract, and the kid is stuck?

I thought the Houston Cougars coach had a really good quote on that, when he was asked about transfers and coaches.

I think that, as much as we want the exterior to look like a young man is going to pick a school based on the school and the school alone and it have nothing to do with the people, I think that’s living with our head in the sand a little bit.
                              VIA
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Everyone shouldn't get their pink panties all in a bunch....locusts aren't coming, we aren't getting nuked by North Korea, etc.... the whole team is not gonna transfer. When Saul Phillips left NDSU there wasn't a mass exodus, the program continued and thrived just fine. They will have good candidates to pick from, just don't all go hanging yourselves all at once now, the athletic department will need all the donations from all you rich, know it all people to hire the new coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X