X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    http://gojacks.com/news/2016/6/30/me...-december.aspx

Three DI home games on December Saturdays. Add that to three at the Pentagon in late November and the non-conference schedule is looking pretty good.
    Also add at Idaho per that release:
    The two squads also are scheduled to play Nov. 20 in Moscow, Idaho

Comment

December 19th @ Drake

Comment

Nov. 11 at California Golden Bears according to Collegian

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          UPDATED:
          Nov. 11th @ California
          Nov. 14th @ UC-Irvine
          Nov. 19th @ Wyoming
          Nov. 20th @ Idaho
          Nov. 25-27th Sanford Pentagon Showcase (in Sioux Falls)
          Nov. 25th vs UC-Irvine
          Nov. 26th
          vs East Tenn State
          Nov. 27th
          vs Milwaukee
          Dec. 3rd vs UMKC
          Dec. 7th @ UNI
          Dec. 10th vs Idaho
          Dec. 17th vs Murray State
          Dec. 19th @ Drake
          Dec. 22nd @ Wichita State
          The above 13 games plus the 16 conference games make a total of 29 games. That may be the complete schedule except for a couple of possible exhibition games. Does anyone know if the Sanford Pentagon Showcase counts as 1 2 or 3 games? Tournaments are sometimes counted differently. If it doesn't count as 3 games than there may be 1 or 2 more games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
            Nov. 11 at California Golden Bears according to Collegian
            Looks like I have plans for Nov. 11th.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I would think they will be looking to add a couple of more home games. The Pentagon games are only "kind of" home games.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I think the limit is 29 counter games which was why I wondered if the three Sanford games count as 3 games or just one or two.

EDIT: I did a little checking. A team can play 29 regular season games or 27 games plus one multi-team tournament of up to 4 games. We currently know about 26 games plus on tournament (assuming the Sanford deal is considered a tournament). So there could be 1 more regular season game that has not been reported.
                Last edited by Rabbit74; 07-07-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                  I think the limit is 29 counter games which was why I wondered if the three Sanford games count as 3 games or just one or two.

EDIT: I did a little checking. A team can play 29 regular season games or 27 games plus one multi-team tournament of up to 4 games. We currently know about 26 games plus on tournament (assuming the Sanford deal is considered a tournament). So there could be 1 more regular season game that has not been reported.
                  Are you counting the three Sanford games AND the game @ UC-Irvine as all part of the tournament? I think since UC-Irvine is part of the tourney, we can play them somewhere else within 14 (???) days of the tourney and it counts as part of the tourney. That would make that game the "up to 4 games".

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    Are you counting the three Sanford games AND the game @ UC-Irvine as all part of the tournament? I think since UC-Irvine is part of the tourney, we can play them somewhere else within 14 (???) days of the tourney and it counts as part of the tourney. That would make that game the "up to 4 games".
                    overlooked that, you are probably correct so we could add 2 more games

Comment

• Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

I hope that the remaining games are homes games against mid majors or a road game against a Big 10 or Big 12 team. I would have a lot of respect for Coach Otz if he removed the 2 regular season games against DII teams and only had DII teams as exhibitions. I know it has been discussed how hard it is to get teams to come to our place to play, but we should look for other strong mid major teams that have the same problem getting home games and set up home and home series with them.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                        I know it has been discussed how hard it is to get teams to come to our place to play, but we should look for other strong mid major teams that have the same problem getting home games and set up home and home series with them.
                        Prolly should email Justin Sell and suggest this. I'm sure they haven't thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Prolly should email Justin Sell and suggest this. I'm sure they haven't thought of that.
                          Thanks for stealing my reply.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

State/U on New Years Eve in Brookings...

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

[QUOTE=jacks1;297992]State/U on New Years Eve in Brookings...

[/QUO

We are missing Western Illinois at home. Im assuming the USD game will be an afternoon game so we can all go home and party.

Comment

Per the SDSU website the USD - sdsu women's game in Vermillion is also on Saturday, December 31. Will be interesting to see what time each game is scheduled.
                                USD Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X