X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Not sure...but 2 is plenty. Bladder starts kicking in after that
    That's a reasonable choice and I would guess that might be the limit. Control!

Comment

Jacks will play at Northern Iowa on Dec. 7th. Would be nice if they came to Brookings sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Jacks will play at Northern Iowa on Dec. 7th. Would be nice if they came to Brookings sometime.
        They did once and we beat them in overtime i think when Klienjan hit a late 3 to tie it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          So at the point the non-conference schedule is looking like this:

Nov. 14th @ UC-Irvine
          Nov. 25-27th Sanford Pentagon Showcase (in Sioux Falls)
          Nov. 25th UC-Irvine
          Nov. 26th East Tenn State
          Nov. 27th Milwaukee
          TBA @ Wyoming
          TBA Murray State
          You can add @ Wichita State to the above list. It has been discussed on Shockers blog. I have not heard a date.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            So at the point the non-conference schedule is looking like this:

Nov. 14th @ UC-Irvine
            Nov. 25-27th Sanford Pentagon Showcase (in Sioux Falls)
            Nov. 25th UC-Irvine
            Nov. 26th East Tenn State
            Nov. 27th Milwaukee
            Dec. 7th @ UNI
            Dec. 22nd @ Wichita State
            TBA @ Wyoming
            TBA Murray State
            The schedule is looking pretty decent so far with some tough mid-majors. Hopefully these are some home and home games.
            Last edited by SanDakotaState; 06-15-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Two or three games left to add to OOC + 18 games in Summit League play? Only one home game (altho the "neutral" Pentagon games will be like the Denny.

I'd anticipate a P-5 or two games away, and or a likely couple of D-2 games for Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Two or three games left to add to OOC + 18 games in Summit League play? Only one home game (altho the "neutral" Pentagon games will be like the Denny.

I'd anticipate a P-5 or two games away, and or a likely couple of D-2 games for Frost.
                Anyone else think the D-2 games should be canned? Can't get more regional home and homes with Midwestern mid-majors?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Anyone else think the D-2 games should be canned? Can't get more regional home and homes with Midwestern mid-majors?
                  Easier said than done.
                  1. Hard to get teams to come to Frost arena which has been well documented.
                  2. Coaches like to pad their win column. At the end of the season you never see an asterisk by the win column denoting "includes (2) D-II wins".

Just the way it is and until someone like the Summit League puts a kibosh to it to help raise conference RPI I'm guessing we will still have them on our schedule.

Comment

[QUOTE=BTownJack;297600]Easier said than done.
                    1. Hard to get teams to come to Frost arena which has been well documented.
                    2. Coaches like to pad their win column. At the end of the season you never see an asterisk by the win column denoting "includes (2) D-II wins".

Just the way it is and until someone like the Summit League puts a kibosh to it to help raise conference RPI I'm guessing we will still have them on our schedule.[/QUOtE

Actually, D-II wins very much have the potential to count against bubble teams. Jacks/Summit are getting enough national notoriety to, I predict, be on future bubbles. Say the Summit winner doesn't win the tournament but is still 27-5 and on the bubble. D-II games sure as heck would come into play then.

Comment

As long as the rules allow D-1 teams to play (and count) a couple of lower-level games, the Jacks probably will have to take advantage of the opportunity. The Summit League really needs another team or two to join the conference and provide additional D-1 home and home games for members. Nine teams isn't enough.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
                        You can add @ Wichita State to the above list. It has been discussed on Shockers blog. I have not heard a date.
                        Wichita State game is December 22 per the attached article http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e83652912.html
                        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          As long as the rules allow D-1 teams to play (and count) a couple of lower-level games, the Jacks probably will have to take advantage of the opportunity. The Summit League really needs another team or two to join the conference and provide additional D-1 home and home games for members. Nine teams isn't enough.
                          Somehow, I doubt that TJ will look very positively on DII games unless we absolutely can't get anything else scheduled at home.

Comment

Agreed. D II games are never an optimal situation. Unfortunately, Jacks have only ONE ooc
                            game at Frost this upcoming season. If I am a season ticket holder In not too happy about game count.

Comment

Agreed. D II games are never an optimal situation. Unfortunately, Jacks have only ONE ooc
                              game at Frost this upcoming season. If I am a season ticket holder In not too happy about game count.
                              Schedule has been finalized? Link?
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

That's probably because the P-5 and High-majors won't do H&H 's with mid-majors.The P-5 are killing the idea of sportsmanship with their selfishness and their desire to have everything their way like spoiled little children.They are pampered way too much, but they have the bucks so no way to fight that.They can threaten to take their ball and make everyone go home I guess.....JMO. Better quit being outspoken and controversial again....we all know where that can lead,ruffling feathers isn't always the best demeaner to put forth I guess.

Agree and good point that they should have more home games for season ticket holders than one,if that number remains correct for the final releasing of the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X