Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
    Sdsu will play in a round robin "classic" with UWM, UC Irvine, and East Tennessee state, all with 20+ wins last year. Best part - it is at the Pentagon. Nov 25-27.

http://gojacks.com/news/2016/6/2/men...-showcase.aspx
    Interesting to see UWM agree to partake in the event after the whole offering their head coaching position to Coach Otz and then backing out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Interesting to see UWM agree to partake in the event after the whole offering their head coaching position to Coach Otz and then backing out of it.
      Being that you are a UWM alum, you no doubt are aware of the campus politics that went on with this hiring. Amanda Braun the AD apparently had picked TJ and was about to introduce him as the next coach only to be overruled by the Chancellor who apparently was responding to other pressures and then forced the hiring of Lavalle Jordon. I have no idea who or where the pressures were coming from but the Chancellor gave into them. I think Amanda owes TJ a favor, and maybe this is her way of doing him a favor. Wipi says TJ:Otzelberger has been widely regarded as one of the top recruiters in the nation." We are extremely lucky to have him.

Its interesting also to note that two Horizon League schools that finished with 20 wins now have new coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
        Sdsu will play in a round robin "classic" with UWM, UC Irvine, and East Tennessee state, all with 20+ wins last year. Best part - it is at the Pentagon. Nov 25-27.

http://gojacks.com/news/2016/6/2/men...-showcase.aspx
        Awesome. What a good chance to get to know this new-look team. The Pentagon games have been a lot of fun and getting two extras is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Being that you are a UWM alum, you no doubt are aware of the campus politics that went on with this hiring. Amanda Braun the AD apparently had picked TJ and was about to introduce him as the next coach only to be overruled by the Chancellor who apparently was responding to other pressures and then forced the hiring of Lavalle Jordon. I have no idea who or where the pressures were coming from but the Chancellor gave into them. I think Amanda owes TJ a favor, and maybe this is her way of doing him a favor. Wipi says TJ:Otzelberger has been widely regarded as one of the top recruiters in the nation." We are extremely lucky to have him.

Its interesting also to note that two Horizon League schools that finished with 20 wins now have new coaches.
          SDSU will stomp UWM. Several of their more notable rising seniors left transferring elsewhere. They were not very good last year even with the record they had ... this year they're going to be much worse. Combined with the hiring theatrics ...

Comment

Three D-1 games at the Pentagon during Thanksgiving weekend is a great opportunity for the Jacks. I hope to be there. I wonder when tickets will go on sale.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Isnt Thanksgiving weekend the first round of the FCS playoffs? What happens if we get a home first round game? Will we have to choose which to attend?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Isnt Thanksgiving weekend the first round of the FCS playoffs? What happens if we get a home first round game? Will we have to choose which to attend?
                Not if the Jacks get a bye

Comment

SDSU will travel to UC-Irvine November 14th as a opening round game(?) for the Sanford Pentagon Showcase.

"UCI and South Dakota State also are scheduled to play an opening-round game of the Sanford Pentagon Showcase at the Bren Events Center Nov. 14. NCAA rules allow programs to count multi-team events (MTEs) as only two games toward their regular-season total of 29, even if MTEs include as many as four games and all games are played within a 14-day window."

https://ucirvine.prestosports.com/sp...20160603rvoiah
                  Last edited by SanDakotaState; 06-03-2016, 10:11 PM. Reason: found the actual facts

Comment

So at the point the non-conference schedule is looking like this:

Nov. 14th @ UC-Irvine
                    Nov. 25-27th Sanford Pentagon Showcase (in Sioux Falls)
                    Nov. 25th UC-Irvine
                    Nov. 26th East Tenn State
                    Nov. 27th Milwaukee
                    Dec 22nd @ Wichita State
                    TBA @ Wyoming
                    TBA Murray State
                    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 06-15-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I'll be in the 70 degree Pentagon enjoying a 24 oz. Coors Light...or 2.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Think the Gophers will put us back on their schedule after last year?

Comment

That's a great choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            How many can you legally purchase at the Pentegon?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              How many can you legally purchase at the Pentegon?
                              Not sure...but 2 is plenty. Bladder starts kicking in after that
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                yes, thats where i will be too

Comment

Working...
                                X