Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    USD students get free tickets. Especially when the men play later that night, it can turn into a bit of an expensive tournament. Each ticket is $15. If one is to buy a ticket for all the SDSU men's and women's games it would cost them $90. Not every college kid is wanting to blow that kind of cash on the tournament when they can watch at home. If the tickets were free I guarantee we would have better numbers. If the tickets were free and it wasn't spring break, the student section would be packed every game; I guarantee it.
    I might be the pessimist here but I wouldn't guarantee it would be packed for the women's games. Our student turnout for home women's games seems to be only around 150 students or so(minus the USD game). The students show up for the men's games but not the women's. I know this is the tournament so a few more might show up but I don't know how many. Those games are all covered by their activity fee so it's not like they have to pay for them.

I think when SDSU played in the WNIT, SDSU bought the first ??? students tickets to get in but I don't know if they do that anymore. USD might have a leg up on things like this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      It has been my impression that there were a lot of other students there who had tournament passes and were setting with relatives/friends and didn't bother to move to the designated seats at the end of the court for Jacks games.
      I have been doing this for three years now. The last year in the arena I did go to the student section for the men's championship game but the sight lines for the student sections now aren't that great.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        The USD game on New Years Eve will be packed. Saturday afternoon game with the rest of the night to party. Only thing it will affect is people using that weekend to go on trips, which I will be doing.
        Forgot about the college football playoff. Numbers might be low.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Forgot about the college football playoff. Numbers might be low.
          Who knows Rabbit Nation might be invading Frisco Texas. Numbers could be low if that does happens

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Who knows Rabbit Nation might be invading Frisco Texas. Numbers could be low if that does happens
            FCS title game will be the following Fri., so no impairment there. If Rabbit Nation does have chance to invade Frisco, I look forward to hosting/seeing many of you as this is North DFW area is new homestead of this fervent Rabbit.

Comment

Here is an early team write up from college sports madness
              http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13395

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                Here is an early team write up from college sports madness
                http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13395
                This article really underscores how much uncertainty there is going into the season. I can see why Nagy saw this year as a good opportunity to break ties with SDSU. Between the players leaving and coming, and the new head coach, I'm kind of surprised that Daum stuck around. I'm very happy he did, and I hope whatever he saw in Otz comes to fruition, because it had to be something that gave him complete confidence in staying. Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic about the season, but more so excited about new offensive and defensive schemes, and seeing how the new players pan out and fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  This article really underscores how much uncertainty there is going into the season. I can see why Nagy saw this year as a good opportunity to break ties with SDSU. Between the players leaving and coming, and the new head coach, I'm kind of surprised that Daum stuck around. I'm very happy he did, and I hope whatever he saw in Otz comes to fruition, because it had to be something that gave him complete confidence in staying. Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic about the season, but more so excited about new offensive and defensive schemes, and seeing how the new players pan out and fit in.
                  I'm more intrigued about this upcoming men's basketball season than I've been for quite some time, and that includes Wolters' senior year. It just seems like there's a real positive vibe going on. Could be just my imagination, but it's got me really looking forward to this season.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think that coach Otz probably brought in better players that we would of got with the old staff but don't know for sure. I'm just trying to remember how many 5th year seniors Nagy brought in. We will need both of them to play well this season. They both started at other DI teams so they can play.
                    I'm a little worried about King and Orris on the floor at the same time unless they have Hess, Reed and Daum on the court with them. Until those two show me they can hit some shots, I'm hesitant to have a lot of faith in them.
                    We will have to see all the new pieces play together but they sure seem like they are good pieces.

Comment

I would expect to see many different combinations early in the season. also, I would expect to see reserves playing with an increased level of intensity as the fast offense and changing defenses will require much energy from all the pieces. Expect to have a different type of entertainment from the Jackrabbits this year. This could be the antithesis to a few years ago where we played 6-maybe 7 players in a game where the reserves picked up 15-20 minutes of play. The biggest question most Summit coaches have on their mind is how to stop Mike Daum with one player. The answer to that question will be who can they use to double team Mike Daum and be effective. That is when we need a guard who can knock down a jumper or get to the paint.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I still think that fans should temper expectations just a bit. New coach, new system for the players. A lot of new players, several will only be here 1 year then gone again. I think the start the year I will try to focus more on how they are playing as a new team, not as much the final score. Sort of like ooc games will be a time for the team to gel, conference games where we start to roll, and be the team to beat by tourny time. thats a quick learning curve, but seems reasonable with so many new players, but a lot with tons of experience.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I still think that fans should temper expectations just a bit. New coach, new system for the players. A lot of new players, several will only be here 1 year then gone again. I think the start the year I will try to focus more on how they are playing as a new team, not as much the final score. Sort of like ooc games will be a time for the team to gel, conference games where we start to roll, and be the team to beat by tourny time. thats a quick learning curve, but seems reasonable with so many new players, but a lot with tons of experience.
                          I think most of us are on the same page here. Anyone expecting a team with so many new faces to come out of the gate in dominant fashion is probably going to be disappointed. There's a decent chance it will be a very different story by February, however. You definitely don't need a lineup full of stars when you have a centerpiece like Daum.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            I think most of us are on the same page here. Anyone expecting a team with so many new faces to come out of the gate in dominant fashion is probably going to be disappointed. There's a decent chance it will be a very different story by February, however. You definitely don't need a lineup full of stars when you have a centerpiece like Daum.
                            Daum was a surprise last year for sure. But he had 2 guards who could score pretty consitantly last year also. If we dont have guards who can score, thats tough for a soph. even with a great year last year, maybe he gets the soph slump. Would be nice to see Reed and Thiesen take a bigger step in production and leadership too.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The 2016-2017 schedule has been released. http://www.gojacks.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=357

Open at Cal on 11/11.

Ugh: Games at home against Wayne St and Minnesota Crookston.

Comment

Cant say I really like that schedule. Murry, UNI and witchita are decent. Dont like our 2 biggest home games are during the break.

Comment

Working...
                                X