Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings

From teamsioux on siouxsports.com forum:

For the final poll the NCAA says it uses these five criteria, in no specific order of course.

-won-lost record
    -head to head competition
    -ssi
    -common opponents results
    -D2 w-l record within region

We have 8 wins against teams in the region (not counting NCC games), 7 vs NSIC and 1 vs RMAC.

Metro only has 1 (outside the RMAC) over Augie, they lost to UMD and Winona in the region early this year (gives us the advantage head-to-head).

UNK has 3 wins in the region (outside the RMAC), UNO, Wayne, and Concordia (I would say this is currently a push).

All-in-all we could be sitting pretty good to take the #1 seed if we just win baby!!!  In fact, if we finish the NCC season with 10 or 11 wins, the regular season with 30+ wins and win the NCC tourney we sure has hell better be the #1 seed given the info above!!  Of course, none of this speculation matters if we lose more than 1 or 2 of our remaining games.  

I like where we stand in the region despite the 3-game losing skid, especially if Jones is coming back.  GO JACKS!!!.

P.S.  I hate Duke and their Josh Mueller like point/shooting guards year after year after year!  When I see those past grads sitting on the bench next to the twit Coach K. I just want to choke them all!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Metro destroyed Col Mines (a team we beat earlier this year) last night. UNK defeated Regis. #2 NW Missouri St. got crushed and #6 Valdosta lost. We should move up in the national rankings but we will remain #3 in the region. We really need someone in the RMAC to step-up and defeat Metro or UNK or both.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Unfortunately, the RMAC is a league composed of numerous doormats and two or three decent teams. Fort Hays or Kearney might beat Metro when they play at Denver, but I wouldn't bet on it. If anywhere, they're going to be tested in the RMAC tournament--it's in Colorado Springs this year.

Record of Metro's remaining opponents: 74-52. Record of SDSU's remaining opponents: 84-42 (10 games better).
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Strange things can happen at the RMAC tourney-or any post season tourney (even the NCC). If we win out (a huge task). and if UNK can get a couple of losses hung on them. I dont think the NCAA will allow Metro to host due to its bad geography in the region and their woefull attendance. Maybe we could still host the regional. It's all a moot point if we dont win out or drop a maximum of 1 game from here on.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

For the final poll the NCAA says it uses these five criteria, in no specific order of course.

-won-lost record
            -head to head competition
            -ssi
            -common opponents results
            -D2 w-l record within region

We have 8 wins against teams in the region (not counting NCC games), 7 vs NSIC and 1 vs RMAC.

Metro only has 1 (outside the RMAC) over Augie, they lost to UMD and Winona in the region early this year (gives us the advantage head-to-head).

UNK has 3 wins in the region (outside the RMAC), UNO, Wayne, and Concordia (I would say this is currently a push).

All-in-all we could be sitting pretty good to take the #1 seed if we just win baby!!!  In fact, if we finish the NCC season with 10 or 11 wins, the regular season with 30+ wins and win the NCC tourney we sure has hell better be the #1 seed given the info above!!  Of course, none of this speculation matters if we lose more than 1 or 2 of our remaining games.  

I like where we stand in the region despite the 3-game losing skid, especially if Jones is coming back.  GO JACKS!!!.
            If we finish on top of the NCC and do well in the post-season tourney we should be the #1 seed. I think the selection committee recognizes the strength of the NCC within in the region. So, right now, I believe we control our own destiny and I look forward to being in Brookings in early March for the North Central Regional tourney. I hope to see you all there. GO JACKS, take care of business and lead us to California.

Comment

I'm as optimistic as everyone else on here, but the fact remains that the Jacks must win out and we need Metro and UNK to lose a game or two. We know one of them won't survive the RMAC tourney, which puts SDSU ahead of them in the region (assuming SDSU wins the NCC tourney). But, the point I tried to make in an earlier post is that geography will have no bearing on who hosts the regional tournament. The Mesa State women hosting was a perfect example. Mesa State is a three hour bus ride from Denver, yet the NCAA sent five teams there, three of which were SDSU, UND and Southwest State. If Metro wins the RMAC regular season and tourney they will host. Yes it is geographically out there, but flying teams into Denver is not a problem in the NCAA's mind.

SDSU faces a huge test this weekend in ND. Historically our men have struggled on this trip. When we sweep UND and NDSU I believe that will set the tone for the rest of the year for our guys. Hosting the NCC tournament is a huge plus because no one can beat us at home in a tournament atmosphere. And yet, we still need help to host the regional IMO.

Comment

Metro State plays Chadron State tonight and has 4 of their last 6 conference games on the road. Kearney has 4 of last 6 at home but has to go to Metro State at the end of the year. Need to have these two lose a couple of games and Jacks take care of business.

Comment

As expected Metro beats Chadron State last night.

Comment

As expected, Jacks remain #3.  No way C.C. or Northern should be considered more worthy of a regional bid than NDSU, UNO or SCSU.  In fact MSU and USD are probably better teams.  

Fort Lewis is always over-rated.  Bemidji is a good NAIA team.  The tough NCC schedule really hurts the middle of the pack teams when it comes to regional rankings.  The RMAC has 2 teams which could compete in the NCC and the NSIC has 0.

North Central Region  
                    1. Metropolitan State (19-2)
                    2. Nebraska-Kearney (19-2)  
                    3. South Dakota State (21-3)
                    4. Colorado Christian (17-4)
                    5. Northern State (17-5)
                    6. North Dakota State (13-8)
                    7. Nebraska-Omaha (15-6)
                    8. St. Cloud State (15-6)
                    9. Fort Lewis (14-6)
                    10. Bemidji State (15-7)

http://campus.umr.edu/sports/regional.html

Comment

UNK and Fort Hays both beat Colorado Christian this weekend.  Christian has lost 5 of the last 6 and should drop out of the top 10.  Metro crushed Regis.  Fort Hays is really coming on strong and will be a factor in the RMAC tourney, which is in Col Springs.

Northern beat Bemidji in Aberdeen last night after they both won on Friday.  Both teams are 11-2 in the NSIC and will get strong consideration for post-season bids.  Remainder of the NSIC is mediocre at best and their only shot is to win the tourney which is in St. Paul.

Here are the regional rankings from last week.  Top 3 will remain the same, after that there will be some seroius changes.

North Central Region  
                      1. Metropolitan State (19-2)  
                      2. Nebraska-Kearney (19-2)  
                      3. South Dakota State (21-3)  
                      4. Colorado Christian (17-4)  
                      5. Northern State (17-5)  
                      6. North Dakota State (13-8)  
                      7. Nebraska-Omaha (15-6)  
                      8. St. Cloud State (15-6)  
                      9. Fort Lewis (14-6)  
                      10. Bemidji State (15-7)  

Comment

Working...
                      X