Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbets @ Leathernecks

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    And you can bid on SDSU logo'ed lamb pelts at halftime.
    Do you know where the money for that goes?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Do you know where the money for that goes?
      What I found online:

"During halftime of the men’s game, six lamb pelts will be auctioned. Four pelts are decorated with “SDSU” and two of the pelts feature the new SDSU Jackrabbit logo. Proceeds from the sales will provide scholarships to undergraduates in the SDSU Department of Animal and Range Sciences and the SDSU Athletic Department."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        What I found online:

"During halftime of the men’s game, six lamb pelts will be auctioned. Four pelts are decorated with “SDSU” and two of the pelts feature the new SDSU Jackrabbit logo. Proceeds from the sales will provide scholarships to undergraduates in the SDSU Department of Animal and Range Sciences and the SDSU Athletic Department."
        Animal Science seem to cash in on the Beef Bowl and Pork Classic as well. I don't have a problem with this as we need those people too. No big deal. Some would argue it should go to Athletic Scholarships, but I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Animal Science seem to cash in on the Beef Bowl and Pork Classic as well. I don't have a problem with this as we need those people too. No big deal. Some would argue it should go to Athletic Scholarships, but I don't.
          I was recently informed that at the pork classic, the proceeds from the pork bundles go to Animal Science. The proceeds from the live animal auction go to the athletic department. Same for beef bowl. I would assume the same applies to Lamb Bonanze, although the person I spoke with did not speak about that specifically.

As I understand it, these events used to raise quite a bit of money for academics/programs at SDSU. They have become a way to raise funds for athletics, and I get the impression that the current Athletic Department does not appreciate using their events to showcase agriculture.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I was recently informed that at the pork classic, the proceeds from the pork bundles go to Animal Science. The proceeds from the live animal auction go to the athletic department. Same for beef bowl. I would assume the same applies to Lamb Bonanze, although the person I spoke with did not speak about that specifically.

As I understand it, these events used to raise quite a bit of money for academics/programs at SDSU. They have become a way to raise funds for athletics, and I get the impression that the current Athletic Department does not appreciate using their events to showcase agriculture.
            The funny thing is that these "agricultural showcase events" usually have a higher attendance (see Beef Bowl). I don't think that's a coincidence. How's that saying go?....Don't bite the hand that feeds you........

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              The funny thing is that these "agricultural showcase events" usually have a higher attendance (see Beef Bowl). I don't think that's a coincidence. How's that saying go?....Don't bite the hand that feeds you........
              In fairness, the financial arrangement of the actual auction may not have changed, I didn't think to ask if its always been this way.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
              X