Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU vs IPFW

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Can someone that was at the game or listening on the radio explain the T on IPFW? What happened there?
    We were at the game, and I didn't see a coach trying to call a timeout, but I do think the player first thought they got fouled and then I thought he turned and was complaining about the non-call (perhaps this is where he was thinking that his coach was calling a timeout) and then in that awkward spot one of our guards came in and tied up the ball. After that the player got hot and stormed around and easily earned himself the technical foul.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      We were at the game, and I didn't see a coach trying to call a timeout, but I do think the player first thought they got fouled and then I thought he turned and was complaining about the non-call (perhaps this is where he was thinking that his coach was calling a timeout) and then in that awkward spot one of our guards came in and tied up the ball. After that the player got hot and stormed around and easily earned himself the technical foul.
      The coach was also trying to call a time out. Landis may have thought it would be granted so this could be why he "quit playing"
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        The coach was also trying to call a time out. Landis may have thought it would be granted so this could be why he "quit playing"
        You likely know this, but just a general FYI....

Coaches can't call timeouts unless it's a dead ball situation. Rule change for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          You likely know this, but just a general FYI....

Coaches can't call timeouts unless it's a dead ball situation. Rule change for this year.
          Oops Forgot that...thanks for the reminder
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

And we are still discussing the technical?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              And we are still discussing the technical?
              Well...it was a big part of the game and this happens to be the game thread, so yah, posters are still discussing it.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Well...it was a big part of the game and this happens to be the game thread, so yah, posters are still discussing it.
                It is a bit like the 6 point play. It does not happen often and there is always a variety of viewpoints. The biggest take away for me on this game was that the young fellow who did not stay on the team this semester was an important piece in that the Mastodons will need another player in rotation since the guys were getting real tired at the end of the game. They have guys who can score very well, but the 30+ minutes of playing time need another body.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If we stay healthy and Jake gets back I love our chances. However, we need to ease Jake back in and monitor the minutes of all our starters. Mike Daum has no fear, really impressed with this kid, If we can get that kind of consistency out of Parks and Marshall we are tough to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Okay, it was big, six point play as stated by Old Hare. At least we did not melt down at the FT line like we have in some games. Middle Tenn?

Comment

Some excitement among the ORU people. IPFW won their game against ORU. The self righteous guru OldTitan believes that Evans should have been ineligible for that game which would create a forfeit to give the Golden Eagles a victory. There might be a small detail that the Mastodons semester did not end until Jan 10. The game was played on Dec 30. It might also be noted that Emegano tossed in 38 points to Evans 15 that night. Some would stretch all the rules to gain a bit of advantage or credibility. It might create a bit of excitement if the Golden Eagle officials would follow up on this notion. Either way, the only noise is coming from the ORU board.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Some excitement among the ORU people. IPFW won their game against ORU. The self righteous guru OldTitan believes that Evans should have been ineligible for that game which would create a forfeit to give the Golden Eagles a victory. There might be a small detail that the Mastodons semester did not end until Jan 10. The game was played on Dec 30. It might also be noted that Emegano tossed in 38 points to Evans 15 that night. Some would stretch all the rules to gain a bit of advantage or credibility. It might create a bit of excitement if the Golden Eagle officials would follow up on this notion. Either way, the only noise is coming from the ORU board.
                        Interesting issue. I suppose the eligibility issue would apply to that institutions academic calendar which as you stated ended Jan 10th so I don't think old titan has much of an argument. You don't have a NCAA standard on when semesters begin and end. Maybe I am all wet here. The calendar dates are not uniform. He could have played against us, but did not make the trip and the coach said something about knowing he had a problem with a course or two, so apparently Mo did not make the trip.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 01-16-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

They have some blowhards on the ORU board. He was eligible to play, it's a loss for ORU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                          X