Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU vs IPFW

Final: SDSU 92, IPFW 76.

Marshall with a career high 28 points, Parks with 26 points. Daum with with 14.

Jacks finish +4 on the glass. Jacks were -6 at half.

Jacks finish at 52% overall, IPFW finished at 35%. Only 6 turnovers for each team.

Nice win. On to Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Final: SDSU 92, IPFW 76.

Marshall with a career high 28 points, Parks with 26 points. Daum with with 14.

Jacks finish +4 on the glass. Jacks were -6 at half.

Jacks finish at 52% overall, IPFW finished at 35%. Only 6 turnovers for each team.

Nice win. On to Fargo.
      To be honest, with the shooting % disparity, the rebounding edge is a little disappointing. We had a lot more chances for defensive rebounds than they did, and still only won by 4. But obviously it's a big improvement over the first half.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Nice win.

Comment

Great win. Little bit of a challenge defending the 3, but I think a majority of the SL teams will struggle against them.

Nice to see the guards both finally step up at the same time. They will need to continue to do that until Jake gets back.

The offense seemed to move better in the second half, although it still isn't quite back to its early season form.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Now that's a good way to finish up before heading out on the road for three games. The team that rolled Minnesota and lit up Illinois St made a reappearance in the second half tonight. It sure was nice to see both Marshall and Parks firing on all cylinders. Hopefully this marks the end of the long offensive slump.

Comment

Can someone that was at the game or listening on the radio explain the T on IPFW? What happened there?

Comment

Gotta say, I'm impressed with the IPFW coach in the post-game press conference.

EDIT: Also, he said something about Mo not being on the team "this semester." Zim followed up and asked if he'd be back this year and he said no. Big and pretty unfortunate for IPFW.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

EDIT: Also, he said something about Mo not being on the team "this semester." Zim followed up and asked if he'd be back this year and he said no. Big and pretty unfortunate for IPFW.
                  Wow. That is huge in the SL race.

Comment

Can someone that was at the game or listening on the radio explain the T on IPFW? What happened there?
                    We had a FW player trapped and tied up and the coach was trying to call time out and apparently said something to one of the refs. One of the refs signaled jump ball, and one of the other ones called the technical. That is as much that I saw on JumpTV.

Comment

Nagy says we switched the offense from lots of sets in the first half to more motion in the second half. Explains the big difference.

Doesn't like the fouls, but thought we were way tougher in the second half.

Need to be better at making the tough plays, diving on the floor, taking charges, etc.

"Whipped us in the first half physically."

Reason for Daum starting: IPFW starts big, more offense, but didn't help us in rebounding as much as he thought it would.

^ Is what contributed to Devine getting minutes, Nagy happy with how he played.

Preview for NDSU: Not much different than last year, full of tough players, Kory Brown is a winner. One road game we played in league wasn't good.

Nagy would be "shocked" if Jake played @ NDSU, but is hoping for next week, but that isn't guaranteed either.

Comment

It appeared that Max Landis was expecting a foul when a jump ball was called. Landis tossed the ball somewhat angrily(I do not think he kicked it) while the ref was standing next to him and the technical was called. Landis had brought the ball down court quickly and Thiesen(I think) was there and cut him off. Landis tried to draw the foul initiating a bit of contact with his hip and when he did that someone grabbed the ball for a jump ball.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

*OBVIOUS STATEMENT ALERT*

It's really, really nice having a pair of all conference senior guards.

*OBVIOUS STATEMENT ALERT*
                          Even more obvious statement - it will be even better when we get all three in a game at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            It appeared that Max Landis was expecting a foul when a jump ball was called. Landis tossed the ball somewhat angrily(I do not think he kicked it) while the ref was standing next to him and the technical was called. Landis had brought the ball down court quickly and Thiesen(I think) was there and cut him off. Landis tried to draw the foul initiating a bit of contact with his hip and when he did that someone grabbed the ball for a jump ball.
                            Better .explaination then what I gave. I had thought the tech was called on the coach, but apparently not.

Comment

Nagy says we switched the offense from lots of sets in the first half to more motion in the second half. Explains the big difference.

Doesn't like the fouls, but thought we were way tougher in the second half.

Need to be better at making the tough plays, diving on the floor, taking charges, etc.

"Whipped us in the first half physically."

Reason for Daum starting: IPFW starts big, more offense, but didn't help us in rebounding as much as he thought it would.

^ Is what contributed to Devine getting minutes, Nagy happy with how he played.

Preview for NDSU: Not much different than last year, full of tough players, Kory Brown is a winner. One road game we played in league wasn't good.
                              Nagy would be "shocked" if Jake played @ NDSU, but is hoping for next week, but that isn't guaranteed either.
                              What they need is to get the bigs to drive in traffic with the ball, not just the guards. 1950's

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Tyler said there are rumors to why he isn't there but nothing official.......interesting.
                                Coach apparently said pregame he's done due to academic issues.

http://www.journalgazette.net/Sports...-ends-10951254
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X