X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs MTSU

15-33 from the FT line.

Final: SDSU 65, MTSU 61.

I'll take it without 2 starters, but the FT shooting was atrocious.

Comment

With who we were missing it was a great win. Killed them on the boards. Need to practice FT shooting. Good grief.

Comment

Why did we not recruit Reggie Upshaw Jr.? What a athlete!

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          With who we were missing it was a great win. Killed them on the boards. Need to practice FT shooting. Good grief.
          There were moments in the game when it was apparent that we were missing two starting (pre-season all-conference) guards--the press they put on us would have gotten carved up pretty good with Marshall and Bittle in the lineup, IMHO.

Shooting free throws in the Pentagon must be kinda weird. Or, our guys are still tired from all the travel.

Anyway, a win against a pretty good team. Take it and run with it.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not only are we missing the play and leadership of two All-Conference starters, but the bench is extremely short. Our bench consists of Severyn and two centers. That's one G/F backing up four guys. I assume that's why Nagy played two centers as much as he did. To beat this level of team with those conditions is pretty damn good.

This one was won on the boards. It was gritty and ugly. A real bonus win.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Not only are we missing the play and leadership of two All-Conference starters, but the bench is extremely short. Our bench consists of Severyn and two centers. That's one G/F backing up four guys. I assume that's why Nagy played two centers as much as he did. To beat this level of team with those conditions is pretty damn good.

This one was won on the boards. It was gritty and ugly. A real bonus win.
              This is where missing Flatten really hurts too.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Just for the record, Nagy said in the post-game that Parks has a sore back, which could go a long ways towards explaining his adventures at the free throw line.

Dude gutted it up though. That 3-pointer from Harrisburg was ridiculous.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Other than the bad free throw shooting, the Jacks played well. They outrebounded and outscrapped a talented and athletic team. Eight guys carried the load.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Jacks were 22nd in the nation in free throw % coming in. Nagy said that after you miss a few, it gets to be more mental than anything. I do believe that all the time on the road has worn this team down mentally. It's a good thing that they have 5 days before the conference starts and that we have two at home to start with. Getting George back will help a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Jacks were 22nd in the nation in free throw % coming in. Nagy said that after you miss a few, it gets to be more mental than anything. I do believe that all the time on the road has worn this team down mentally. It's a good thing that they have 5 days before the conference starts and that we have two at home to start with. Getting George back will help a lot too.
                      I guess we may not be 22nd in the nation after today performance at the FT line, but otherwise this is a darn good team that played their hearts out. I never seen a team play like it was March in December. Seems like in the 20 seasons of the Nagy era, there were often problems with performance in December such as rebounding, and defense. Not this year. If there are any problems its injuries, and when they are all back, more good things will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Perhaps they shouldnt price gouge. 40 bucks is just a hair steep IMO. Obviously others agree.
                        Not sure everyone agrees. Reported attendance was 3200 which happens to be the seating capacity listed on the pentagon website.

Comment

Not much has been said about Middle Tennessee, but I think they had some very gifted athletes on their team. The announcers on Fox North said they were missing a couple of guys too, so I think that evened it out a bit. A very well coach team, I was very impressed with their performance today. We had a good turn out of fans today.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Not sure everyone agrees. Reported attendance was 3200 which happens to be the seating capacity listed on the pentagon website.
                            I bought a ticket at tipoff and there were still over 300 tickets available. I spent $17 for the ticket. Nice atmosphere, bit $60 tickets are a little ridiculous for a Jack game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I agree. I thought both teams had a Christmas hangover and didn't play well. Still better to watch than Minnesota vs Oklahoma State though.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                                I bought a ticket at tipoff and there were still over 300 tickets available. I spent $17 for the ticket. Nice atmosphere, bit $60 tickets are a little ridiculous for a Jack game.
                                We decided that this game was part of my boys Christmas gifts. We paid $37 a seat for 5th row mid court. It was $175.00 day for our family. Little steep in my opinion. I do believe it was part of the reason for empty seats.

The team needs a home game. Yesterday was close to home (and greatly appreciated by alumni in the SF area) but not at home. Tired bodies (travel & injuries) lead to missed free throws. If you ask the players - Were you tired? They're going to say no but my guess is they're fatigued at this point. Team won on guts & effort yesterday (rebounds).

Rabbits went off as a 4 1/2 point favorite yesterday. Hopefully nobody had the Rabbits. That one is a "bad beat".

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X