• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Weber State

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    You were saying?

We played zero defense. Zero. The total lack of defense effort is shameful
    Ha, would have been a different story if I would have known Bittle was out. I mean look at what we did without him, and with them shooting 60%. Tough to win any game when a team shoots that we'll, and we hung around.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Nagy said on the postgame that he doesn't expect to have Bittle or Marshall on Sunday.
      That's really unfortunate for a "showcase" game in Sioux Falls. This Jacks team is very good, but they are not good enough to coast by against decent competition with two senior starters out. Very few mid-major teams are. The depth is just not there, especially with Flaaten also hurt.

I just hope we get one of these two back for the Denver game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        That's really unfortunate for a "showcase" game in Sioux Falls. This Jacks team is very good, but they are not good enough to coast by against decent competition with two senior starters out. Very few mid-major teams are. The depth is just not there, especially with Flaaten also hurt.

I just hope we get one of these two back for the Denver game.
        In Bittle's case, you have to think they will not take any chances with conference play just around the corner. Saving him for Denver gives him 5 extra days and hopefully gets a little practice time in.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          In Bittle's case, you have to think they will not take any chances with conference play just around the corner. Saving him for Denver gives him 5 extra days and hopefully gets a little practice time in.
          I agree. They should keep Bittle out if he's not 100%. Get this team back healthy for the start of the conference season.

MTSU will be a really tough challenge with both Marshall and Bittle out.

Comment

Honestly, can't really be too upset about the loss given the circumstances. Most teams missing two first-team all-conference players would have gotten run out of the building on the road against a team as talented as Weber State. Instead, we threw a lot of freshmen and sophomores out there and they nearly pulled off the victory even when the Wildcats were shooting red hot.

The game might be a blessing in disguise if we can get Marshall and Bittle back to full health in a timely manner. Lots of experience was gained out there for some players that don't see a ton of minutes, but they responded well to adversity and fought through their mistakes, which will pay dividends later.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Our guys gave their best.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Our guys gave their best.
                I think this just about nails it. Another long road trip concludes with a tough game we had to play without two pre-season all-conference players.

Let's give Weber State some credit here. They are a really good team and are picked to win their conference. We completely dismantled them when they were here and beat them by 17 and it really wasn't even that close. They had some serious motivation to get that game. They were too much down low. Bolomboy will play in the NBA. We had to sag to try and stop them on D and that left a lot of open threes that they hit.

At full strength this is a different game. Heck, we still almost got the W!

Injuries happen. It's unfortunate because I think we win every game so far without them. We are blessed with a very deep bench which has allowed us to still have a solid OOC season.

Time to get these guys healthy and get ready to hammer the Summit League!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Tough game. Tough circumstances. At least the Jacks didn't give up 100!
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Too bad, my whole family is going to the Pentagon on Sunday, and would be nice to see Marshall and Bittle. Also, it would have been nice to have gotten this one, with those guys playing we would have had a fair shot.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Good grief, have we already lost Sunday?!?
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        I think he was referring to the Weber game

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          I think he was referring to the Weber game
                          No the Middle Tennessee game at the Pentagon is on Sunday and without two starters, losing is greater possibility than winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            No the Middle Tennessee game at the Pentagon is on Sunday and without two starters, losing is greater possibility than winning.
                            MTSU is picked third for the C-USA. They have lost to Ron Hunter's Georgia St, Murray St, and VCU. The defense will need to be better than a 99 point game to stay competitive. The Blue Raiders probably will not be better than some of the teams the Jackrabbits have played thus far. It is certainly another game some players will be introduced to some good competition and they will be required to respond with a good game. The gap with 2 starting guards is not an ideal situation. Hopefully the high note will be another player or two playing more minutes a chance to have a great game. It is way too early to call this game less than 50/50 for the win as the Jackrabbits are playing back in South Dakota.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              No I would just like to see Marshall and Bittle in the floor. I expect a win on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                              X