GDT: Jackrabbits @ Weber State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Weber State

SDSU is only 1.5 point favorites in this one. Too low, yes?

I know Marshall is out, and he scored 17 against them earlier this year, but I just don't see Weber State keeping this one close, unless we play like we did against UMKC.

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Weber State

Bolomboy will be a handful again. I think the game will be another grind it out type of win.

It's tough to win in Ogden.

Comment

They should be well rested and have the UMKC game in the back of their mind. Give the points. Jacks 68-57. Bolomboy is a handful but he doesn't like to defend. I'd like to see us go at him harder than the previous game to make him work. Dude is bouncy as anything and fun to watch. His backup(s) aren't nearly the threat he is though.
      Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        SDSU is only 1.5 point favorites in this one. Too low, yes?

I know Marshall is out, and he scored 17 against them earlier this year, but I just don't see Weber State keeping this one close, unless we play like we did against UMKC.
        You must not have been around a few years ago when we beat UND by 40 in Frost then lost to them by 19 five days later.

No gimmes on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          You must not have been around a few years ago when we beat UND by 40 in Frost then lost to them by 19 five days later.

No gimmes on the road.
          I remember that well - and plenty of other "surprise" road losses over the years. Hell, we had one at the end of a long trip just a month ago. It happens.

I think this one is going to be challenging. In the last week the team has played in Texas, Florida and now is on the ground in Utah. I know the tough-talkers don't like to hear about "excuses", but that is a lot of running around. It's likely to have an effect. Add that together with Marshall being out and you have a recipe for a message board that may very well be throwing around terms like "ugly", "grind", "sloppy", "flat" and "USD is going to kill us if we play like that" later tonight. I could easily be wrong, but I've watched college basketball long enough to expect a much tougher game than we had back in November.

Hopefully Tellinheusen and Bittle will re-emerge from wherever they've gone lately tonight. If they do, the Jacks should get the win. If not, look out.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            I remember that well - and plenty of other "surprise" road losses over the years. Hell, we had one at the end of a long trip just a month ago. It happens.

I think this one is going to be challenging. In the last week the team has played in Texas, Florida and now is on the ground in Utah. I know the tough-talkers don't like to hear about "excuses", but that is a lot of running around. It's likely to have an effect. Add that together with Marshall being out and you have a recipe for a message board that may very well be throwing around terms like "ugly", "grind", "sloppy", "flat" and "USD is going to kill us if we play like that" later tonight. I could easily be wrong, but I've watched college basketball long enough to expect a much tougher game than we had back in November.

Hopefully Tellinheusen and Bittle will re-emerge from wherever they've gone lately tonight. If they do, the Jacks should get the win. If not, look out.
            I actually thought the UND debacle was last year or maybe the year before. Nope, it was Wolters junior year! Time flies.

I agree with this one being a challenge. Winning on the road, for whatever reason, is very tough in college basketball. That's why I get a little frustrated when the power five schools can pad their records with home wins prior to conference. How can you compare that to a very good mid-major to a middle of the road Big 10 team?

Comment

Isn't Weber State picked to win its conference?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Isn't Weber State picked to win its conference?
                I believe so.

Comment

Bittle not playing tonight, per Tyler Merriam. Didn't hear what injury he has.

Tevin King will start at PG. Moffitt will start at SG.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Bittle not playing tonight, per Tyler Merriam. Didn't hear what injury he has.

Tevin King will start at PG. Moffitt will start at SG.
                    Hurt his leg in practice. Team is just being cautious in a game that doesn't really matter.

Will be good experience for King
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

On the road with two starting senior guards out. That 1.5 point spread is looking like it might be a little too much.

We'll get a good look at King and Severyn tonight. A little look ahead to next year.

Comment

viewing options?

Comment

I went to weber state athletic website and clicked on audio/video tab and it available for free.

http://eversport.tv
                          Last edited by Carolina010; 12-22-2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Going to be tough. Almost went to this one, but have some work to do before the holiday so couldn't make it . Also the weather has been crappy and going north to Ogden is the wrong direction to be driving in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              On the road with two starting senior guards out. That 1.5 point spread is looking like it might be a little too much.

We'll get a good look at King and Severyn tonight. A little look ahead to next year.
                              I'm still impressed with how Moffitt has played since his arrival. I expected him to be just a fill in guy at best, but he has become a real piece of the teams success
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X