GDT: UC Santa Barbra Gauchos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: UC Santa Barbra Gauchos

Jacks still shooting over 60%. Lead now over 20 for Jacks, just over 7 min to go.

Comment

Nice win. That's not a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        7 points in less than 9:00 for King. He's going to have a couple more weeks to gain valuable experience that should pay off down the stretch this year and definitely next year.

Jacks' offense is running smoothly. Their defense could be a lot tighter.

Up 24-18 with 10:00 to go in half.
        King is going to keep getting better as the season goes on. It's amazing to me how similiar he is to Parks in body type and the no fear mentality they play with. He isn't the shotmaker that Parks is yet, but his jump shot has good form and that will get better with more experience. I'm looking forward to watching him develop over the next 3 1/2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          King is going to keep getting better as the season goes on. It's amazing to me how similiar he is to Parks in body type and the no fear mentality they play with. He isn't the shotmaker that Parks is yet, but his jump shot has good form and that will get better with more experience. I'm looking forward to watching him develop over the next 3 1/2 seasons.
          Went to the same prep school as Lawrence Alexander.

Comment

I assume Maxwell Kupchak #10 is the son of Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak. His Bio on the Gauchos website lists his parents as Mitch and Claire Kupchak.

Comment

A few things I caught from Nagy's postgame interview with Tyler:

- Offense will come and go but defense should not. Very unhappy with first half - second was a lot better. Said that they tried a "different" strategy in the first half and took the blame for it.

- "Moffett is a Godsend". Our depth should be better than ever thanks to the minutes he, King, and Severyn are getting during George's absence.

- We are not passing the ball as well as last year. Assist to turnover ratio is still not where he wants it. Maybe part of that is because we have so many skilled players and can get away with more of a 1-on-1 approach.

- Apologized to the team after the game for being so hard on them. Wishes he could relax more. "I can't even tell you how proud I am of these guys".

- Parks is stronger than last year, able to be more physical on drives and defense. Can be the team's best defender if he puts his mind to it. "I actually wish he were more selfish - would take more shots". He could be scoring 30 points if he took more shots.

- Texas Tech will be the best team we face all year. The short turnaround travel will be hard on the team also.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
                I assume Maxwell Kupchak #10 is the son of Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak. His Bio on the Gauchos website lists his parents as Mitch and Claire Kupchak.
                Correct assumption.

Comment

Keaton Moffitt's improvement from last December to yesterday is amazing. Last year at this time he looked in above his head. From running the point to working the middle (free thrown line area) against the UCSB zone yesterday he looked great. I tip my hat to him and the coaching staff. Great job!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Deondre Parks has been named the POTW by the Summit. The first Jackrabbit MBB player this year.
                    http://thesummitleague.org/sports/mb...20151214iwaiuc
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                      Keaton Moffitt's improvement from last December to yesterday is amazing. Last year at this time he looked in above his head. From running the point to working the middle (free thrown line area) against the UCSB zone yesterday he looked great. I tip my hat to him and the coaching staff. Great job!

Go Rabbits!
                      Parks said in the post game press conference that Moffitt is the best walk-on, non-scholarship player in the nation. I might have to agree with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X