Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. Weber State

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    I agree totally! Jacks looked very good tonite against a very good team! Theisen better get with the program or I would agree we will see much more of Daum, he looked very good.

couple side notes....We really didn't see a kinder,gentler Nagy tonite so much. Our 2016 recruit Louden Vollbrect was in attendance. He is one big dude!
    Looked him up. Yep. Do want.

Though it looks like he's getting offers from all sorts of Big Ten/Big 12 teams.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The weather was mild, there was a very good team coming to town and, to my knowledge, not much else for activities going on around Brookings...yet the attendance tops out at roughly 1600???
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Looked him up. Yep. Do want.

Though it looks like he's getting offers from all sorts of Big Ten/Big 12 teams.
        It looks like he is going to have to decide which sport he wants to play. From what I could find, those big time offers are for football. His basketball offers appear to be SDSU, Northern Kentucky and Northern Illinois. Plus it sounds like he suffered an ACL tear on the last play of the final game of his football season last week. That will probably impact some of those offers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          It looks like he is going to have to decide which sport he wants to play. From what I could find, those big time offers are for football. His basketball offers appear to be SDSU, Northern Kentucky and Northern Illinois. Plus it sounds like he suffered an ACL tear on the last play of the final game of his football season last week. That will probably impact some of those offers.
          I spoke with him briefly and he seems like a super good kid and good family. I also don't think he has decided which sport he would like to play but it would be nice to get him as a rabbit then he could decide from there!

Comment

Like many have said, last night was about everything you could want to see from the Jacks. The depth is going to be huge. Weber State brought two big, athletic players in 44 and 21. That is probably a more formidable a due than we will see all year and I thought we handled it just fine. Yep, they got some shots and dunks but the Jacks were within one on the glass. The Jacks D caused a huge number of turnovers. That is a great sign as these guys have plenty of offense.

Great start! All that much more excited for the year!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              The weather was mild, there was a very good team coming to town and, to my knowledge, not much else for activities going on around Brookings...yet the attendance tops out at roughly 1600???
              You know Weber St is a very good team and i know Weber is a very good team and so does everyone on this board. But apparently many Jack fans and students dont know they are a very good team. I sure hope everyone realizes whats coming here on Saturday and we can get a big crowd. But i have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                You know Weber St is a very good team and i know Weber is a very good team and so does everyone on this board. But apparently many Jack fans and students dont know they are a very good team. I sure hope everyone realizes whats coming here on Saturday and we can get a big crowd. But i have my doubts.
                Midco has been advertising the game for the past 3 weeks or so. I hope people show up. It's Notre Dame for crying out loud! The number 3 team in the nation! What else can you ask for?

I hoping for a good showing tomorrow with Jimmy Dykes coming to town. We shall see though

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Midco has been advertising the game for the past 3 weeks or so. I hope people show up. It's Notre Dame for crying out loud! The number 3 team in the nation! What else can you ask for?

I hoping for a good showing tomorrow with Jimmy Dykes coming to town. We shall see though
                  I wish I would be there but wont be able to make it.

When we made the transition years ago there were some huge games. The USC game comes across as maybe one of the biggest in terms of teams and stature and crowd size. It should be a sell out for this game, but I doubt it will be. Will the game be on midco?

It almost seems like for basketball and maybe some of football that the D-1 hype stuff is pretty much worn off. About the only thing that will help attendance now is winning. As long as we win attendance will hover around the same area for the 3 big sports. If we struggle or have some down years I think you will see a dip those years and it rebound as they get better. I am guessing the fan base will slowly grow for all the sports, but maybe not as much as we or the athletic dept would like to see.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

The football game starts at 1 on saturday. So im sure there will those that will go to Cubbys to watch instead of going to the womens game. Need to get those students to pack the rabbit dens.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I wish I would be there but wont be able to make it.

When we made the transition years ago there were some huge games. The USC game comes across as maybe one of the biggest in terms of teams and stature and crowd size. It should be a sell out for this game, but I doubt it will be. Will the game be on midco?

It almost seems like for basketball and maybe some of football that the D-1 hype stuff is pretty much worn off. About the only thing that will help attendance now is winning. As long as we win attendance will hover around the same area for the 3 big sports. If we struggle or have some down years I think you will see a dip those years and it rebound as they get better. I am guessing the fan base will slowly grow for all the sports, but maybe not as much as we or the athletic dept would like to see.
                      I think we are winning, Goon.........

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        I think we are winning, Goon.........
                        Yeah. I agree . I just think the hype of a big time D-1 school isnt the draw it was before unfortunately.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Yeah. I agree . I just think the hype of a big time D-1 school isnt the draw it was before unfortunately.
                          That is obvious. I'd be surprised if the ND game draws 3,500. We're still better than a ton of schools in terms of WBB attendance, but that's not saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            That is obvious. I'd be surprised if the ND game draws 3,500. We're still better than a ton of schools in terms of WBB attendance, but that's not saying much.
                            compared to when USC was here, it was huge hype and interest it seemed. attendance was probably 5K range if i recall. ND should have that drawn also. ITs a huge game and should be a sell out.

Comment

Working...
                            X