GDT: SDSU vs. Weber State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. Weber State

Is Zimmer doing a live chat tonight? I can't find a link on the Argus site.

Comment

Final: SDSU 85, Weber State 68.

Jacks with 5 in double figures. Marshall with 17 and Parks with 16. Really nice win.

SDSU (2-0) is at Illinois State on Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Final: SDSU 85, Weber State 68.

Jacks with 5 in double figures. Marshall with 17 and Parks with 16. Really nice win.

SDSU (2-0) is at Illinois State on Thursday night.
        Honestly, for the first D1 game of the year, I'm not sure you could have asked for much more from than what they gave. Their are definitely areas to work on, but just a solid performance against a very talented team.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Weber State shot 32 free throws to SDSU's 20. That needs to change.

But I agree, not a bad 1st game of the season. This season will be very entertaining.

It was nice to Parks making his shots in the 2nd half.

Comment

22 bench points is a really encouraging thing. We know the 4 dudes from last year are scoring, but it's good to see other guys stepping up. Can't wait to see some highlights posted.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm very excited about Daum. He shows a lot of potential. He is going to be key this year, especially with Theisen fouling as much as he does. Honestly, if Daum continues showing more of what he has in the first 2 games, I could see him supplanting Theisen as the starter.

Overall, I am very excited about this season.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                I'm very excited about Daum. He shows a lot of potential. He is going to be key this year, especially with Theisen fouling as much as he does. Honestly, if Daum continues showing more of what he has in the first 2 games, I could see him supplanting Theisen as the starter.

I'd rather have the offense come off the bench. There's enough guys in the starting line up that can score, and as Nagy said in the press conference tonight, Daum's big challenge this year will be becoming a better defender.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Weber State shot 32 free throws to SDSU's 20. That needs to change.

But I agree, not a bad 1st game of the season. This season will be very entertaining.

It was nice to Parks making his shots in the 2nd half.
                  With the team being dominated by jump shooters, at least on paper, this year, we could see disparities like this more often
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The Jacks lived up to the preseason hype tonight. It looked like the team we saw on the court at Colorado State last March. So many scoring options.

Comment

I think the 5 spot will be the basketball team's QB position this year, as in the coaching staff will go with the hot hand and much will be determined by the makeup of the other team.

Daum is the best offensive threat, Devine is the best defender and shot blocker, and Theisen is the best all-around post.

Tonight, Devine actually might have performed the best even with Daum in double figures. The defense was at its best when Connor was on the floor and he really limited Bolomboy, while Daum had his stuggles trying to guard the talented post.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

A 17 point win over the projected Big Sky champion. What a great start to the D-1 season for the Jackrabbits.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Can't wait to see some highlights posted.
                          @gojackssdsu got them posted in a hurry:

- Steven Wright

Comment

Weber State or Wade State?

http://www.argusleader.com/picture-g...ball/75905858/

Fantastic win for the guys!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I agree totally! Jacks looked very good tonite against a very good team! Theisen better get with the program or I would agree we will see much more of Daum, he looked very good.

couple side notes....We really didn't see a kinder,gentler Nagy tonite so much. Our 2016 recruit Louden Vollbrect was in attendance. He is one big dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                @gojackssdsu got them posted in a hurry:

See the 1:37 mark for why I'm excited about Daum. Theisen doesn't make plays like this, and it's not that I don't like Theisen, he just doesn't seem to get it done on the boards. See the Bolomboy highlights shortly after for the reasons why Daum has some improving to do on the defensive side, as others have stated. Looks like he gives the offensive player too much room to work with and needs to get more physical like he does on rebounds.

It seems like if we can get a big guy that can rack up rebounds, we will be very dangerous. Theisen, Devine, and Daum had similar minutes tonight, and their rebound totals were 1, 0, and 5 respectively. Small sample size, but a very good start for the Redshirt Freshman.

Comment

Working...
                                X