Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLT Championship: Jackrabbits vs. The Bizon

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    That was a foul on Cody and it was actually a technical on Werner. He hooked Werners left arm. Werner retaliated by throwing the elbow with his left after the foul call on Cody. That's why Marshall shot the two free throws and then we got the ball. If that's a flagarant Cody shoots them.
    I watched the replay this morning and the announcers agreed that it was a foul on Cody.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      I watched the replay this morning and the announcers agreed that it was a foul on Cody.
      No question. He hooked Werners arm. It's really not disputable.

Comment

Regarding the ref'ing....I thought it was fine. It drives me absolutely up a wall that people boo and piss and moan about every. single. call.

Maybe I'm too objective.

If anything, I was surprised Larson didn't get warned/t'd up for batting the ball after at least two of his dunks.

To be fair though, I did yell initially when Larson took the elbow and got a foul only on him. Was fine with it after Werner got one as well.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We let the Bison dictate the game style. We couldn't shoot. We got out rebounded. Was still a one point game.
          You knew one of the teams was going to go on a run a some point. It was just the wrong team. The refs made some head scratchers, but there were questionable calls both ways. wish we would have called a time out there at the end to set up a play... Hate losing to the Bison.

Comment

No question. He hooked Werners arm. It's really not disputable.
            What created the most excitement in the arena was that few probably saw the Larson foul, but nearly everyone saw the elbow from Werner. It initially appeared that Werner would get a pass on the elbow and the place was erupting. If everyone that was held threw an elbow, it would be a fulltime job mopping up blood. It was an intense game to watch. I am not sure how much of the noise was heard for the TV viewers, but the arena was noisy.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I don't if I even want to bring this up, but did we call a TO after Marshall's blocked shot that allowed the refs to review it? Or did the Refs stop play to review it?
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I think we had a TO left at the end. I think the refs stopped the game to review the out-of-bounds. During that time, I assume Nagy set up a play off of a miss...at least I hope he did. He must have thought we would have a better chance off of a miss to catch the defense sleeping than to call a TO and let them set up. That is the only reason I can think of to not call a TO at the end.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  I don't if I even want to bring this up, but did we call a TO after Marshall's blocked shot that allowed the refs to review it? Or did the Refs stop play to review it?
                  The refs stopped action to review the out of bounds call.

I'm not sure if the refs have to do that willingly or if a coach has a certain number of times they can request it.

Comment

The refs stopped action to review the out of bounds call.

I'm not sure if the refs have to do that willingly or if a coach has a certain number of times they can request it.
                    From watching the game it looked as though a player asked about a review, which I believe might be at officials discretion.

Comment

NCAA Basketball Rule Book:
                      "Section 1. Games with Replay/Television Equipment Art. 1. Courtside replay equipment, videotape or television monitoring must be located on a designated courtside table (i.e., within approximately 3 to 12 feet
                      of the playing court), in order to be used by game officials. An on-screen game clock display on the monitor may be used only when the display is synchronized with the official game clock. In order for an official to change or reverse a call made on the floor, the official must first find that the monitor review reveals by indisputable evidence that the call on the floor was incorrect."

Violations.
                      In the last two minutes of the second period and overtime(s), to determine
                      the following:
                      1. Whether a shot clock violation occurred.
                      2. Which team caused the ball to go out of bounds when there is a deflection
                      involving two or more players.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        NCAA Basketball Rule Book:
                        "Section 1. Games with Replay/Television Equipment Art. 1. Courtside replay equipment, videotape or television monitoring must be located on a designated courtside table (i.e., within approximately 3 to 12 feet
                        of the playing court), in order to be used by game officials. An on-screen game clock display on the monitor may be used only when the display is synchronized with the official game clock. In order for an official to change or reverse a call made on the floor, the official must first find that the monitor review reveals by indisputable evidence that the call on the floor was incorrect."

Violations.
                        In the last two minutes of the second period and overtime(s), to determine
                        the following:
                        1. Whether a shot clock violation occurred.
                        2. Which team caused the ball to go out of bounds when there is a deflection
                        involving two or more players.
                        I'm still not sure how the replays could ever be indisputable. I think the refs had some trouble as well. Initially, two refs were looking at the play. They then huddled and called over the third ref and then the third ref and one of the first two went back to the video. Eventually they ruled it was NDSU's ball. I'm not sure but I'm guessing the first two officials didn't agree so the third was brought in to break the tie so to speak.

Ultimately, the Jacks still had their chances so it's moot.

Comment

This is what living feels like. Most people don't try, and live in the middle and don't put their hearts out there. They protect themselves. When you do this, and put your heart out there in front of all these people -- sometimes it's unbelievable and very exhilarating and sometimes it's incredibly painful. But that's what living feels like. I hope they live the rest of their lives that way.
                          Seems like it's about time to post Nagy's perspective on this. And I'm rather surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

The guy who lost the game has a more mature attitude about all this than some of the people (from both fan bases) who were just paying spectators to it.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Seems like it's about time to post Nagy's perspective on this. And I'm rather surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

The guy who lost the game has a more mature attitude about all this than some of the people (from both fan bases) who were just paying spectators to it.
                            Dang. That's signature worthy, right there.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Still not bad for a rebuilding year, should be proud. If they can come up with an adequate replacement at the post, should be nothing but blue skies. However, even at their best, they would be at the bottom of the P5 conferences. Are there any mid-major conferences left that don't have an automatic qualifier?

Comment

I think what still hurts the most today for me as a die-hard fan is that I never once yesterday gave ANY consideration to us losing that game. But like Nagy says not many people let themselves be all-in. We have a lot of all-in fans and I'm guessing we were all pretty numb last night just as we were 4 months ago.

I can't even imagine what the players feel like...who's knows maybe they deal with it better than the all-in fans, like me. I'm not to proud to say they probably do, more than likely because they have a great man like Coach Nagy in their lives.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X