Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLT Championship: Jackrabbits vs. The Bizon

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Does our record warrant a invitation to the NIT? Or do we end up in one those other tournaments? I guess we will find out in the next few days.
    We go to the NIT because we won the conference(number one seed)

Comment

Does our record warrant a invitation to the NIT? Or do we end up in one those other tournaments? I guess we will find out in the next few days.
      I think we are auto-NIT since we were regular season (co) conference champs.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Jacks didn't lose because of the refs. Give me a break... We lost because we didn't rebound the basketball.
        It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

[QUOTE=rabbitfarmer;271041]Jacks didn't lose because of the refs. Give me a break... We lost because we didn't rebound the basketball.[/QUOTE

Is anyone blaming the refs? The one call i didnt agree with was the review of the out of bounds. I dont know how they could reverse it. Didnt look clear to me. But we had our chance at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I think we are auto-NIT since we were regular season (co) conference champs.
            Thanks I had not thought about this. I found a link to the NIT, and it would appear, we would be picked based on being a co-champ.

We should know for certain on Sunday;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-and-schedule

Comment

Thanks I had not thought about this. I found a link to the NIT, and it would appear, we would be picked based on being a co-champ.

We should know for certain on Sunday;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-and-schedule
              There is no uncertainty, we are in the NIT.

Comment

It was an amazing atmosphere to be in.

It was a tough loss.

Give NDSU credit... they run the clock down and hit shots... many times.

Lawrence Alexander was amazing.

The SDSU hot shooting from the first 2 games did not continue...now part of this was because of NDSU's defense. Don't fool yourselves, our guys were defended much better than the previous 2 ballgames, and it affected their shooting.

And after all of that... it was a 1 point game, and the Jackrabbits had 2 chances to take the lead?

Nothing you can do, but tip your cap, and go back to work. It is what it is.

To say this was an embarrassment is overstating things greatly. NDSU has a good team...they may play an ugly style...but they had the same conference record as the Jackrabbits, they are good at what they do. SDSU also had a good team. Came up short. Congrats Bison, and I'll cheer for you in the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  It was an amazing atmosphere to be in.

It was a tough loss.

Give NDSU credit... they run the clock down and hit shots... many times.

Lawrence Alexander was amazing.

The SDSU hot shooting from the first 2 games did not continue...now part of this was because of NDSU's defense. Don't fool yourselves, our guys were defended much better than the previous 2 ballgames, and it affected their shooting.

And after all of that... it was a 1 point game, and the Jackrabbits had 2 chances to take the lead?

Nothing you can do, but tip your cap, and go back to work. It is what it is.

To say this was an embarrassment is overstating things greatly. NDSU has a good team...they may play an ugly style...but they had the same conference record as the Jackrabbits, they are good at what they do. SDSU also had a good team. Came up short. Congrats Bison, and I'll cheer for you in the NCAA.
                  Alexander is POY for a reason. The Bison figured out how the refs were calling the game and they played hard. It is a disappointing loss, but they will have an NIT game to get ready to play. The game atmosphere was as large as anything for a long distance. The SLT is improved again.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                    SDSU athletics isn't going to get any closer anytime soon.
                    Based on what, exactly?

Comment

• Re: SLT Championship: Jackrabbits vs. The Bizon

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post

Is anyone blaming the refs? The one call i didnt agree with was the review of the out of bounds. I dont know how they could reverse it. Didnt look clear to me. But we had our chance at the end.
                      I'm with ya. The refs let them play tonight. They were a non factor. I also don't know how they over turned that out of bounds call. I didn't see anything there that was conclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        There is no uncertainty, we are in the NIT.
                        Point and counter point. I am safe in assuming we will find out this Sunday after the selection for the big dance.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I'm with ya. The refs let them play tonight. They were a non factor. I also don't know how they over turned that out of bounds call. I didn't see anything there that was conclusive.
                          Supposely our guy touched the ball before it went out of bounds, although the NDSU guy got a swat at the shot. Sometimes I wonder about these reviews. I assume they are a good thing. Listening to KFGO right now and they were surprised that LA missed the freethrow, me included. LA completes the free throws and game is almost over, we would have needed a three to go to overtime.

Comment

Exactly. The refs called it the same both ways. There was one call i thought we had in our favor. I think it was marshall that got the rebound under the basket and it looked like he or the ball or both touched out. I was right even with the out of bounds line. But the ref was too and he was closer but sure looked close. I would never want to be an official.

Comment

The call that I thought hurt the Jacks was the phantom foul on Cody on the play that resulted in the flagrant on Warner. He had to sit for a big part of the first half after getting the second foul.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                The call that I thought hurt the Jacks was the phantom foul on Cody on the play that resulted in the flagrant on Warner. He had to sit for a big part of the first half after getting the second foul.
                                That was a foul on Cody and it was actually a technical on Werner. He hooked Werners left arm. Werner retaliated by throwing the elbow with his left after the foul call on Cody. That's why Marshall shot the two free throws and then we got the ball. If that's a flagarant Cody shoots them.

Comment

Working...
                                X