SLT Championship: Jackrabbits vs. The Bizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLT Championship: Jackrabbits vs. The Bizon

I feel bad for anyone on the national audience that this was what the summit league had to show. The league and sdsu should be embarassed.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

How in the world don't one of the following 3 things happen at the end:

1. Parks drive to the bucket
      2. Marshall create a jump shot
      3. Nagy call a timeout

If any of those things happen, I'm fine with the loss. Instead, I'll just leave with this:

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I feel bad for anyone on the national audience that this was what the summit league had to show. The league and sdsu should be embarassed.
        What if we had won by one point, would you be making the same assertion? One of the ESPN guys said it was a real defensive battle and it was. I think we could have done more in the back court pressure which might have taken them out of their routine weave.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          What if we had won by one point, would you be making the same assertion? One of the ESPN guys said it was a real defensive battle and it was. I think we could have done more in the back court pressure which might have taken them out of their routine weave.
          I would be happy we won but don't think it would have made for a good national showing. Just like when we beat western. I like to watch a lot of the confrence games on tv and if I watch a game like that from another confrence I am not going to be impressed by that sample.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Well...I'm over it. On to the NIT. Let's hope we can make some noise.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Well...I'm over it. On to the NIT. Let's hope we can make some noise.
              I'm not quite over it yet. 8 seconds is an eternity with a timeout. If Nagy told Parks to get the ball and drive on a missed free throw, and he failed to do that and took a panic 3? Fine. Otherwise a timeout should have been ready to call. Or take it before the free throws and talk it all over. Yeah, yeah, can't put it all on Nagy... If the players would have made shots, it wouldn't have mattered, I get that. The point is, Nagy failed in that situation. No way around it.

Comment

There was no joy in Mudville.

I need to re-watch the game to decide if the refereeing was really that bad. But even if it was, the simple fact is that NDSU was more aggressive pretty much the entire game than SDSU was . . . in their own maddeningly plodding way, of course. And the more aggressive team tends to get the calls. Fact of basketball.

Even after all that, SDSU had two golden opportunities to win the game at the end, and couldn't make a basket. Somebody tell me why we didn't go straight to Larson on the first of those possessions. I'm not going to chirp too much about the bricked three at the end . . . Parks took the shot, a shot he could have made, and he missed it. Happens. He'll likely make that shot next year.

Just really disappointed that SDSU left a very winnable game on the table. Oh, well. On to the NIT.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  There was no joy in Mudville.
                  This sums it up pretty well for me.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Feels like just woke up from a bad dream...... Probably because I am still in shock I am going to use the bison defense. It was the refs....and finally if it oral roberts fault for losing last night or not going to overtime.

Comment

unles SDSU won right?
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I would be happy we won but don't think it would have made for a good national showing. Just like when we beat western. I like to watch a lot of the confrence games on tv and if I watch a game like that from another confrence I am not going to be impressed by that sample.
                        11:30 ESPN lead off was LA and SDSU game so you still stand by your comments?
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Just got home and am still stunned. LA was filthy cold blooded. Filthy.

I'm pretty much to the point where I assume playing NDSU in anything, football, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, baseball will result in a fat ole mark in the loss column.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We are to NDSU as what USD is to us. Sigh.

Comment

Quote from Zimmer's game wrap: "The Jacks got 13 points and six rebounds from Parks, but he was just 5-of-15 from the floor. Marshall was 2-for-11 and Reed Tellinghuisen, who had a team-high nine rebounds, was 1-for-6."

Makes me sick to my stomach and wraps up the whole game. Just not going to win with all 3 having nights like that. Surprised we had a chance to win honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                11:30 ESPN lead off was LA and SDSU game so you still stand by your comments?
                                Umm yeah I do. It wasn't a great display of basketball. Do you honestly think other people outside the region would enjoy a a game with bad offense and one team doing a dribble weave for 30 seconds before they finally take a shot? Like I said when we beat western it was the same thing. But its just my opinion so don't have to agree with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X