GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Oral Roberts Golden Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Oral Roberts Golden Eagles

Teams could see the ORU the last two games they played ,in the SLT or, they could see a team that sorts things out and gets fired up and plays with passion in the SLT. I don't feel easy with unpredictability. Makes them dangerous, reminds me of teams who come out of nowhere in the past who everyone dismissed and who pulled off an upset. Nagy will have his guys ready and won't overlook anyone I think. But the rattler strikes most times unexpectedly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Somebody posted Sutton's comments on the ORU board. This is a link to an mp3 on Dropbox.

https://t.co/8g1nSlEc0Q
      Coach Sutton said some good things about SDSU. What can he say when your team lays a giant ostrich egg? I commend him for saying what he did say.
      Thanks Jimmy for posting the link.

Comment

The Larson throw-down wasn't in the highlights...must've not had a good video of it? Bummed. Was hoping to get another look at it.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Same poster that years ago concluded SDSU was racist because of a lack of african american players. Also the same poster that a few weeks ago insisted Cody Larson is a mere pedestrian in a basketball uniform, and basically insisted that if ORU can't handle him, its not because of talent on our end, but lack of talent on their end.

Yeah, do yourself a favor and take his comments with a grain of salt.
          Who cares? Why waste time worrying about such ignorance?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            The Larson throw-down wasn't in the highlights...must've not had a good video of it? Bummed. Was hoping to get another look at it.
            If you have ESPN 3, there's a replay of the game. It happened at about the 18:20 mark of the 2nd. half.

Comment

What's the Jacks record since Marshall has been eligible?
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                What's the Jacks record since Marshall has been eligible?
                15-5

Comment

We win at USD and win the Summit League tourney and SDSU will be 16-1 over the last 17 games and will have an RPI around the 70 mark.

I think the selection committee takes into account how teams are playing at the end of the year and any roster transition during the year. I don't think a 13 seed would be out of the question if we win out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    We win at USD and win the Summit League tourney and SDSU will be 16-1 over the last 17 games and will have an RPI around the 70 mark.

I think the selection committee takes into account how teams are playing at the end of the year and any roster transition during the year. I don't think a 13 seed would be out of the question if we win out.
                    A lot depends on the number of unexpected teams that win conference tournaments. No Cinderellas would mean a better seed.

Comment

The committee doesn't look at how teams are playing at the end of the year anymore due to some conferences unbalanced schedules. I think the best seed the Jacks could get is a 14.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        The committee doesn't look at how teams are playing at the end of the year anymore due to some conferences unbalanced schedules. I think the best seed the Jacks could get is a 14.
                        Is there a checklist of items that the committee follows to grade each team? Does the RPI factor in the grade? There are a few more wins needed before the committee will be looking at the Jackrabbits. It is a long week with only one game and we need to have some conversation.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          Is there a checklist of items that the committee follows to grade each team? Does the RPI factor in the grade? There are a few more wins needed before the committee will be looking at the Jackrabbits. It is a long week with only one game and we need to have some conversation.
                          I found this online: http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-princ...res-selection/

Quote:

Several independent elements are combined to
                          produce the RPI. These elements are a part of
                          the statistical information that may or may not
                          be utilized by each member in any manner they
                          choose.

The RPI is one of many resources/tools available
                          to the committee in the selection, seeding and
                          bracketing process. Computer models cannot
                          accurately evaluate qualitative factors such as
                          games missed by key players or coaches, travel
                          difficulties, the emotional effects of specific
                          games, etc.

Beginning each January, the NCAA will release
                          the official RPI on a weekly basis at
                          www.ncaa.com.

Each committee member independently evaluates
                          a vast amount of information during the
                          process to make individual decisions. It is these
                          qualitative, quantitative and subjective opinions --
                          developed after hours of personal observations,
                          discussion with coaches, directors of athletics
                          and commissioners, and review and comparison
                          of various data -- that each individual ultimately
                          will determine their vote on all issues related to
                          selections, seeding and bracketing.

The individual components (i.e., win-loss record,
                          opponents‟ record, opponent opponents‟ record,
                          where the game is played) of the RPI in and of
                          themselves, are important in the evaluation
                          process.

Comment

Maybe a 14 seed. Likely a 15 seed in my opinion. The Summit League is down this year.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'd say anything between a 13 and 15. SDSU's RPI will be low enough for 13 but having no quality wins will hurt. I'd say a 14 is pretty much a lock if SDSU wins out. A lot of it depends on how other 1-bid conference tournaments go.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                I'd say anything between a 13 and 15. SDSU's RPI will be low enough for 13 but having no quality wins will hurt. I'd say a 14 is pretty much a lock if SDSU wins out. A lot of it depends on how other 1-bid conference tournaments go.
                                Be nice to see a bunch of favorites in the one bid conference lose to increase our chances at a higher seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X