X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Oral Roberts Golden Eagles

11:52 left.

SDSU leads 64-31.

Marshall with 17 points and is 5-7 from deep.

Emegano and Billbury, ORU's leading scorers, have 2 points combined so far.

Comment

Frost Arena = Official 2015 Summit League House of Horrors for opposing teams.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

TV just caught Nagy smiling on the bench with 11:50 to go in the game.

That's how complete this kerblastication is.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Another good thing about this blowout is that ORU will come on with vengeance in there next game which just happens to be against the Bison in Tulsa.

Comment

With tonight's (impending) win, the Jacks have clinched a top 2 seed in the SL tournament and will play on Saturday, March 7th. Single session tickets go on sale Monday.

Jacks will be the one seed with a win at USD next Saturday or an NDSU loss on Thursday at ORU.

ORU, USD, and IPFW are all tied at 8-6 in the conference with 2 games to go. All 3 teams have two home games left each.

Comment

Final: SDSU 81, Oral Roberts 52.

Jacks (21-8, 12-3) clinch a top 2 seed.

ORU (15-13, 8-6) hosts NDSU and Denver to finish the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                Another good thing about this blowout is that ORU will come on with vengeance in there next game which just happens to be against the Bison in Tulsa.
                You would think that Emegano and Billbury will come out looking to redeem themselves. And if the freshman post can repeat what he did tonight , that would help too.

Comment

Does anyone have the link for the postgame from coaches and players? Thanks.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nSeFczD3FU

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nSeFczD3FU

A pedestrian dunk and game for Larson.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Tyler said Nagy got emotional when Larsen came off the floor. Good back story there.

Comment

Looking at the ORU message board, most of the posters are very quite. One comment suggested that SDSU if they sail through the SLT will be a 16 seed and will finish their season where ever we are assigned to play. I like our team and am proud of the success they have had, but its hard to argue with sixteen seed and one and done notion. All you have to do is flip the channel to ESPN and watch other teams which we could meet and you wonder: Could we stay within 10 pts. and how remote is an upset? This particular poster did not think we were as good as last years NDSU team.

Nothing like raining on a parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Looking at the ORU message board, most of the posters are very quite. One comment suggested that SDSU if they sail through the SLT will be a 16 seed and will finish their season where ever we are assigned to play. I like our team and am proud of the success they have had, but its hard to argue with sixteen seed and one and done notion. All you have to do is flip the channel to ESPN and watch other teams which we could meet and you wonder: Could we stay within 10 pts. and how remote is an upset? This particular poster did not think we were as good as last years NDSU team.

Nothing like raining on a parade.
                            According to Sagarin's rankings, ten conferences have their strongest team ranked lower than SDSU.

That does not in any possible, conceivable scenario work out to a sixteen seed for SDSU.

Turning to the NCAA's darling rating system, the RPI, SDSU's RPI, as of last Sunday, was 96. (Higher than Sagarin's rating of SDSU of 113, by the way.) If SDSU wins the SL tournament, the RPI will inevitably finish right around 100. Teams with RPIs around 100 do not become sixteen-seeds. Conference champions with RPIs greater than around 140-150 become 16-seeds.

I conclude that the ORU message board poster you reference is woefully ignorant of the current state of college basketball. It is entirely possible that they the poster may have consumed some exceedingly sour grapes this evening.

SDSU will be a dangerous team if the Jacks make it to the NCAA's because of decent guard play and 3-point shooting capability from multiple players. A first-round upset win is obviously a long-shot but based on the past few years, it is certainly not impossible.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

ESPN'S latest bracketology has us as a #14 playing Oklahoma

Comment

I'm glad the athletic department has started posting the post-game presser video with the transition happening at the Argus. However, I will say I miss hearing the comments from the opposing coach. I used to enjoy that part of Terry's videos almost more than hearing from Nagy or AJ and it allowed us to get a sense of the other personalities in the league.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X