Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Probably right to count Flatten as a junior at this point without knowing if the NCAA would grant, or even if he wants, a 6th year.
    I think another 5th year player is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
      I think another 5th year player is possible.
      Landing a grad transfer big would be icing on the cake, imo.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

A big wing who can shoot? Sign me up.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wasn't that's that matt donlan was suppose to be. 6'6 wing who could shoot?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Wasn't that's that matt donlan was suppose to be. 6'6 wing who could shoot?
            I think that's what he turned out to be.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...94/matt-donlan

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              I think that's what he turned out to be.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...94/matt-donlan
              Nagy gets to deal with him twice a year now.

Comment

So far, so good with TJ's recruiting. It at least seems like we have some pieces to keep Daum from getting triple-teamed all season. A shooter like Hess will be a great option to pass out to from the post.

Comment

Technically, Hess still needs to receive a medical hardship waiver to compete next season. He only appeared in 6 of 29 games last year, so it shouldn't be an issue. Still...

Edit: I gathered this info via Google...so it must be true 😉. Maybe he has already been informed that he received one.
                  Last edited by jacks1; 05-03-2016, 11:33 AM.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Another one via Jeff Goodman

"South Dakota State landed Northern Illinois grad transfer Michael Orris, source told ESPN."

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Another one via Jeff Goodman

"South Dakota State landed Northern Illinois grad transfer Michael Orris, source told ESPN."
                      You're quick! I just saw that, and was going to post it.

I know nothing of this young man...but I was hoping for a big guy.

Maybe the plan is to continue to play small ball?

Comment

Looks like Coach Otz will be going the transfer/JUCO route for a lot of his recruits.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Looks like Coach Otz will be going the transfer/JUCO route for a lot of his recruits.
                          I'm guessing only for this year.... Our classes were pretty unbalanced and he has restored some order so at least we have two scholarships to use for next year.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            You're quick! I just saw that, and was going to post it.

I know nothing of this young man...but I was hoping for a big guy.

Maybe the plan is to continue to play small ball?
                            Might be take who you can and who can contribute. skilled post transfer players is probably on just about every teams wishlist. I think if Devine stayed I wouldnt be concerned. I I think he finally started to come into his own. was excited for his senior year. basically flatten and severyn and telly will have to play a lot of 3. and maybe the 4 if either Thisen or Duam gets into foul trouble. I think we would probably see both Duam and Thiesen start but unless we get another big who can play, they probably wont be on the court a ton at the same time. I expect them to both get plently of minutes though.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              I'm guessing only for this year.... Our classes were pretty unbalanced and he has restored some order so at least we have two scholarships to use for next year.
                              I missed that Orris was a grad transfer, too. Makes sense.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Huge caveat: never seen the dude play.

I'm assuming this is a "add depth and experience" kind of move and not a "add a major contributor" kind of move based on his stats. Career 17% 3 point shooter and 30% over all. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X