Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Utah State grad transfer post Lew Evans won't be a Jackrabbit (felt like we weren't ever really in the running) as he has committed to play for the Tennessee Volunteers according to ESPN.
    ISU freshmen Brady Ernst announced plans to transfer this week.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...sfer/84145272/

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
      ISU freshmen Brady Ernst announced plans to transfer this week.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...sfer/84145272/
      Would this guy have 4 years left since he was only playing 6 games this past season?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Would this guy have 4 years left since he was only playing 6 games this past season?
        Understood he was applying for medical hardship/redshirt. If he transferred in would sit a year and have 3 to play I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
          Understood he was applying for medical hardship/redshirt. If he transferred in would sit a year and have 3 to play I believe.
          It'd probably be something where he'd play 3 for sure, and then have to apply for the 4th year. You can get granted a medical red-shirt, but you still have to apply for your 6th year, which you can't do until after your 5th year.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            It'd probably be something where he'd play 3 for sure, and then have to apply for the 4th year. You can get granted a medical red-shirt, but you still have to apply for your 6th year, which you can't do until after your 5th year.
            But to get the hardship 6th year don't you need to prove that you lost significant time in 2 separate years due to injury? I'm not sure a transfer redshirt year would count towards that. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Comment

Am I missing something. If he has played one year, transfers and sets out a redshirt year and then plays 3 years, that is only 5 total, not six.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                Am I missing something. If he has played one year, transfers and sets out a redshirt year and then plays 3 years, that is only 5 total, not six.
                He played early in the year in a few games and then it was evident he wasn't healthy so he hung it up for the year. Now he is transferring so he must sit a year. If he want's to actually play 4 years (1 injury, 1 redshirt/transfer, 4 years of game action) then he will need a medical hardship and be granted a sixth year. At least that's what I get from reading the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  But to get the hardship 6th year don't you need to prove that you lost significant time in 2 separate years due to injury? I'm not sure a transfer redshirt year would count towards that. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Every case is different, and when it comes to 6th years there are other factors as well (gpa, graduate school, time missed, etc.) A medical red-shirt would help with the chances of getting a 6th year if he were to apply for one (after the 5th year)

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Correct. To even be considered for a medical hardship 6th year,he would need to lose significant time to injury in one of his 3 remaining years of eligibility. Nobody wants that,especially Brady.

Comment

GoJacks.com has an article announcing four new players for this fall. I would assume that since they posted that there probably won't be any more.

They are the four we know about, the two grad transfers, the juice transfer in the freshmen from the prep school

Comment

Would think they are still looking for another big.

Comment

Keeping options open I bet....still many moving parts..some players declaring intentions to transfer every day...

Comment

The jacks are losing seven players from this year's team and gaining four. So I'm hoping the coaches are still looking, especially for a post who's eligible to play right away and can spell Daum and Thiesen.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              The jacks are losing seven players from this year's team and gaining four. So I'm hoping the coaches are still looking, especially for a post who's eligible to play right away and can spell Daum and Thiesen.
                              As long as he can play I don't care if he can spell their names.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think the vast majority on this board and even the staff would like to have more depth down low. However, TJ just came from a Cyclone program that was not overly big and was one of the better teams in D1 last year. I think the makeup of our roster next year would fit well with what TJ has experience with and for the style of game he wants to play.

2015-16 Iowa State Roster

6'8" 230 Forward - Georges Niang (20.5 pts, 6.2 reb/game)
                                6'2" 170 Guard - Monte Morris (13.8 pts, 3.9 reb, 6.9 asst)
                                6'6" 230 Forward - Adel Nader (12.9 pts, 5.0 reb, 1.5 asst)
                                6'9" 215 Forward - Jameel McKay (11.1 pts, 8.8 reb)
                                6'4" 195 Guard - Matt Thomas (11.0 pts, 4.4 reb, 1.1 asst)

6'4" 240 Guard - Deonte Burton (9.7 pts, 3.9 reb)
                                6'3" 190 Guard - Hallice Cooke (2.6 pts, 1.0 reb)

Simeon Carter and Brady Ernst were both forwards who played 3 or less minutes per game when they played.

Based on that squad, you could argue that our 2016-17 Jackrabbit lineup actually matches up well on size. We could have seven players that will log significant minutes that are 6'5" or taller. Iowa State only played three that fit that mold.

Daum 6'9"
                                Theisen 6'9"
                                Telly 6'6"
                                Severyn 6'5"
                                Flatten 6'6"
                                Dykman 6'7"
                                AJ Hess 6'6"

I'd argue that adding another post that would be expected to add significant minutes could actually hurt the development of Severyn, Flatten, and Dykman.

Comment

Working...
                                X