2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruits

The last couple of pages of this thread crack me up.

There is no question that Nate Wolters is the best player in SDSU history. No debate whatsoever! However, he certainly isn't the biggest recruit out of high school that SDSU has landed. That would have to go to Jordan Dykstra. Dykstra was sought after by a number of D1 schools. Wolters wasn't recruited by nearly as many. It is sure easy for us to look back after their done and say this or that. My hindsight is fantastic.

We have the right crew here right now. They get along famously and yet challenge each other in a good way. The program is in great shape and is able to attract both recruits from high school and players like Larson, Parks, and Marshall. Succeess breeds success. Klink, Krabbenhoft, and Cooley are all strong recruiters. They have bright futures ahead of them and SDSU is in a good place as a result.

The guy that recruited Wolters is gone. As far as I'm concerned, his associtation with SDSU is done. He's a Coyote now. He made the choice. Hopefully he's happy with it.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Without that supporting cast, SDSU would still be looking for their first trip to the NCAA Tournament. That group turned the program around. Wolters didn't do it by himself. Has Wolters accomplishments helped with today's recruits/recruiting? Yep, but not as much as the past teams success. I don't think prep players are looking at what players have done there especially at the mid-major level. I think they pay more attention to the wins, losses, recent NCAA tournament appearances, and what direction the program is heading. Another big thing is obviously faculties, coaching staff, and what style of basketball they want to play. Point is, a superstar player will make a little impact in future recruiting, but not nearly as much as TEAM success which just happens to involve all those great role players that bigticket listed. So yes, really.
      I listed a number of players but left out Griffan Callahan. The way he played the game set the example of what it takes to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I listed a number of players but left out Griffan Callahan. The way he played the game set the example of what it takes to be successful.
        He owns one of the best clutch performances in SDSU history. Without him we don't beat Western Illinois in Nate's junior year.

Comment

depends on what you want to say is the best. Biggest clutch shot or player in a game, easy was Griff. Best overall player ever, easy was Nate. Biggest recruit ever, I feel safe to say it was JD. Probably some of the most hyped recruits were White, Feigen, Carlson. They were huge parts of growing the program. I dont think with out them, Nate shines as brightly as he did. You put Wolters on those USD teams(shudder the thought of it I know), but they only become marginally better. Doesnt take them over the top. The pieces were there at SDSU and Wolters was the key piece.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Ok would somebody like to refresh my memory on how we got JD?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              Ok would somebody like to refresh my memory on how we got JD?
              He verballed to Iowa St but never signed on the dotted line.

More info here:

http://archive.argusleader.com/artic...ight-direction
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

There were 2 pair of high school teammates with the Rock Valley(JD and Heemstra) and Madison(Feigen and White). It may be a long time before we see that happen in recruiting again. They all contributed to the emergence of Jackrabbit MBB success in Division 1. It is also hard to remember how frustrating it was during the early years of transition. The first year of the Summit, the record was 3-15 in conference. They lost the last game of the year to Centenary. I think we should give Nagy some of the credit for where the team has progressed.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  There were 2 pair of high school teammates with the Rock Valley(JD and Heemstra) and Madison(Feigen and White). It may be a long time before we see that happen in recruiting again. They all contributed to the emergence of Jackrabbit MBB success in Division 1. It is also hard to remember how frustrating it was during the early years of transition. The first year of the Summit, the record was 3-15 in conference. They lost the last game of the year to Centenary. I think we should give Nagy some of the credit for where the team has progressed.
                  And Garrett and Kai also. They really helped get this team going in the right direction.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Did we just get 5 new verbal commits for the 2016 class?

Nope. Though one might think so with all the activity on this thread.

I have a great idea: How about we start a thread called "State the F&CKING Obvious" instead of posting all that sh*t here. It would be a great place to say things like "Nate Wolters is the best basketball player in SDSU history" and "Nate needed his supporting cast to win 2 Summit League titles" or even "Austin Hansen is now a coach at USD". Then after we have stated a bunch of facts, we can argue about which fact is more obvious! It'll be fantastic!
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Did we just get 5 new verbal commits for the 2016 class?

Nope. Though one might think so with all the activity on this thread.

I have a great idea: How about we start a thread called "State the F&CKING Obvious" instead of posting all that sh*t here. It would be a great place to say things like "Nate Wolters is the best basketball player in SDSU history" and "Nate needed his supporting cast to win 2 Summit League titles" or even "Austin Hansen is now a coach at USD". Then after we have stated a bunch of facts, we can argue about which fact is more obvious! It'll be fantastic!
                      Did someone pee in your crabby flakes this morning?

Comment

Um . . . thread topic, comma, return to, comma, suggest return to?
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anyone know if there's ANY way George can find another year of eligibility or will this be it? Redshirted.. then 1 season at Whisky... 2 games (I think injured?) and then 1 and 1/2 years with us.... Could he apply for some sort of 6th year medical deal? That would/could affect our numbers for incoming.

Juco or 5th yr transfer who could play immediately makes sense for at least 1 of our openings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                            Does anyone know if there's ANY way George can find another year of eligibility or will this be it? Redshirted.. then 1 season at Whisky... 2 games (I think injured?) and then 1 and 1/2 years with us.... Could he apply for some sort of 6th year medical deal? That would/could affect our numbers for incoming.

Juco or 5th yr transfer who could play immediately makes sense for at least 1 of our openings.
                            If I understand the info from another thread, you gotta have two years of injury to get a 2nd redshirt year.

Comment

Now, that, we are, back , to, the, task, of, new, prospects, do, the, Jackrabbits, have, any, firm, prospects, or, verbals? It would seem likely that some news would be trickling out about some interested prospects. We should have 3 scholarship slots with Bittle, Marshall, and Parks as seniors.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

7 of the 8 that I'm aware we have offered have committed elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X