X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...331-story.html

Interesting read located by a fine fan....
    The article mentions: Loyola, Hofstra, Georgia State and South Dakota State

Hmmm.

Hofstra, 4 tournament appearances, last one in 2001.
    Georgia State, 3 tournament appearances, 2015, 2001, 1991
    Loyola, 5 appearances, last one in 1985
    SDSU, 3 appearances in the last five years.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I just saw that this guy is leaving WSU. File it under FYI (probably means nothing). Repeat: I have no information about anything other than what you see here. He's from Missouri originally. Has three years of eligibility.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/taylor-le...state/38787822
      If it means anything, SDSU was one of the first schools to offer him a scholarship in high school.

Comment

What 2016 recruits are committed right now to fill our roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post

Was there any other than Loudon V from Chicago who was the offensive lineman who tore his knee at the end of high school football?
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post

Check 1st post of this thread. Lists all knows offers and signed players (London Vollbrecht). May indeed change. A new head coach is needed first.

Comment

http://m.kcchronicle.com/2016/04/06/...roads/ahwpkcs/
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

GREAT FIND...Gentry and Vollbrecht committed to remaining Jackrabbits.

Comment

Did vollbrecht sign a LOI to play already? since he was offered scholarship, could a new coach take that offer away or is it still good. Not sure how those things work out. Hope they both stay. Seems like its taking a long time to get a new coach. Seemed like Nagys name was out there and 2 days later felt like he was gone. Seems like we arent moving as fast getting a new coach. Will be interesting times for sure.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Did vollbrecht sign a LOI to play already? since he was offered scholarship, could a new coach take that offer away or is it still good. Not sure how those things work out. Hope they both stay. Seems like its taking a long time to get a new coach. Seemed like Nagys name was out there and 2 days later felt like he was gone. Seems like we arent moving as fast getting a new coach. Will be interesting times for sure.
                    He signed during the fall signing period.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      He signed during the fall signing period.
                      He signed, but its traditionally acceptable for a new coach to release the signed players if they ask for it, especially if it is not a local recruit.

Comment

Great quote from that article:

"We have talked a little since [coach Nagy] left and it was just about reassuring him," Gentry said. "He wanted to know the mood of the guys and, honestly, with coach leaving, it's probably made us stronger and closer as a team here. You can never really expect that kind of news, but no one wants to leave and we all continue to have that common goal of getting back to the NCAA tournament."
                        Love hearing that.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Did vollbrecht sign a LOI to play already? since he was offered scholarship, could a new coach take that offer away or is it still good. Not sure how those things work out. Hope they both stay. Seems like its taking a long time to get a new coach. Seemed like Nagys name was out there and 2 days later felt like he was gone. Seems like we arent moving as fast
                          getting a new coach. Will be interesting times for sure.

Wright State fired their coach on March 19 (at least reported then) and we first heard Nagy was under consideration 10 days later on the 29th. Nagy accepted on April 3 or 4. IF we move at the same pace, we might expect to hear who is being interviewed about April 13 or 14 and have a new coach around the 20th. If just seems like it is so slow because we are all anxious to here who is selected, but it has only been about 3 days so far since we knew we had an opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            Wright State fired their coach on March 19 (at least reported then) and we first heard Nagy was under consideration 10 days later on the 29th. Nagy accepted on April 3 or 4. IF we move at the same pace, we might expect to hear who is being interviewed about April 13 or 14 and have a new coach around the 20th. If just seems like it is so slow because we are all anxious to here who is selected, but it has only been about 3 days so far since we knew we had an opening.
                            Guess I was just thinking about when Nagys name was mentioned, it sure seemed pretty fast to go from his name on the short list too his press conference. but your probably right just anxious and wanting to hear more about potential coaches.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Your time line seems pretty close, I'd expect it maybe a little quicker, generally the later in the process the job opens the quicker it is filled.

My guess is Miller, DeVries, Oltzberger and 3-4 others have already been contacted about an interview. I'm guessing by middle of next week we will hear about a short list and on campus interviews with an offer being made next weekend. I'd be surprised if we don't know who it is by next Friday

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                Your time line seems pretty close, I'd expect it maybe a little quicker, generally the later in the process the job opens the quicker it is filled.

My guess is Miller, DeVries, Oltzberger and 3-4 others have already been contacted about an interview. I'm guessing by middle of next week we will hear about a short list and on campus interviews with an offer being made next weekend. I'd be surprised if we don't know who it is by next Friday
                                Agree with your timeline.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X