2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruits

Oh my fault on the best recruiter. I see where I was confusing(I confuse myself most of the time). I was referring to Nate as our best recruiter. Success breeds success and people wanting to be part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      Recruits are very hit and miss some work out some don't. But there also is a big ripple effect also. How would this team look if we had not had Nate (who was not recruited by our staff)? Cody L fell in our lap, Jake B drove down to the tourney and recruited himself, George M is here because of success Nate achieved and we probably don't get Deondre P if we didn't have the rest. This years jr class (what's left of it) is not so much. Yes this years team I am excited for but are we living off the past? OldHare you are correct .......Losing out to red stings. Just a thought.
      Isn't George Marshall here because of Joe Krabbenhoft connection? He's still on our staff ...
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Oh my fault on the best recruiter. I see where I was confusing(I confuse myself most of the time). I was referring to Nate as our best recruiter. Success breeds success and people wanting to be part of it.
        You are confused. Nate was our best recruit. Not recruiter. Recruit being a noun and recruiter being a verb. As for Austin Hansen, he has long been off my mind. We are doing just fine. How are the yotes doing? Do you have a Vermillion address?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Isn't George Marshall here because of Joe Krabbenhoft connection? He's still on our staff ...
          Yes, Average Joe as his enemies in SF referred to him, had a big hand in recruiting George M. Joe Krabberhoft is more than an average joe, and I think he has very bright future in coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Yes, Average Joe as his enemies in SF referred to him, had a big hand in recruiting George M. Joe Krabberhoft is more than an average joe, and I think he has very bright future in coaching.
            Perhaps Joe will take Nagy's job once he moves on?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Certainly a possibility.

Comment

He seems like someone who could climb the coaching ladder fairly quickly,be it here or somewhere else.

Comment

Ok people all I'm asking is for you to sit back and think about other possibilities rather than get so defensive. Do you think it is easier to recruit if you have a successful program or a below average one? Yes Nate Wolters helped in recruiting a ton.

Comment

Ok people all I'm asking is for you to sit back and think about other possibilities rather than get so defensive. Do you think it is easier to recruit if you have a successful program or a below average one? Yes Nate Wolters helped in recruiting a ton.
                    As did Jordan Dykstra,Tony Fiegen,Brayden Carlson,Chad White and so on.......

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      As did Jordan Dykstra,Tony Fiegen,Brayden Carlson,Chad White and so on.......
                      I was just going to say, they were just as important as Wolters was.

Comment

Oh ok

Comment

C'mon, really?
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

True, Nate would not have glowed so much if he did not have a good supporting cast.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              C'mon, really?

Without that supporting cast, SDSU would still be looking for their first trip to the NCAA Tournament. That group turned the program around. Wolters didn't do it by himself. Has Wolters accomplishments helped with today's recruits/recruiting? Yep, but not as much as the past teams success. I don't think prep players are looking at what players have done there especially at the mid-major level. I think they pay more attention to the wins, losses, recent NCAA tournament appearances, and what direction the program is heading. Another big thing is obviously faculties, coaching staff, and what style of basketball they want to play. Point is, a superstar player will make a little impact in future recruiting, but not nearly as much as TEAM success which just happens to involve all those great role players that bigticket listed. So yes, really.

Comment

Without that supporting cast, SDSU would still be looking for their first trip to the NCAA Tournament. That group turned the program around. Wolters didn't do it by himself. Has Wolters accomplishments helped with today's recruits/recruiting? Yep, but not as much as the past teams success. I don't think prep players are looking at what players have done there especially at the mid-major level. I think they pay more attention to the wins, losses, recent NCAA tournament appearances, and what direction the program is heading. Another big thing is obviously faculties, coaching staff, and what style of basketball they want to play. Point is, a superstar player will make a little impact in future recruiting, but not nearly as much as TEAM success which just happens to involve all those great role players that bigticket listed. So yes, really.
                                I guess we can agree to disagree. Sorry for the dreaded thread drift. We can get back on topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X