2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Also,PG Donovan Jackson is a teammate of Andre Wallace at Iowa Western CC, who is signed with Iowa State. Right after TJ was named as Jacks coach, he said he was going to take a week to decide about his future. He apparently sees TJ as a mentor as they both grew up in the Milwaukee area. According to the Cyclone Fanatic board, he is meeting with Coach Prohm on Thursday to talk about his future. Some think he may be having second thoughts since Morris, the current ISU point guard, did not declare for the NBA draft and is returning for his senior season. Jackson would have to be released by ISU in order to play somewhere else right away.

Comment

Don't forget about 6-8 stretch forward Lew Evans from Utah State. SDSU reached out to him and he will be eligible to play right away.

Comment

The signing period runs until May 18. There is 3 weeks for the staff to find a player or three to round out the team for next year. It would seem unlikely that they would try to go with too short of a crew in case of injury and the need for adequate practice numbers. They may not fill the 13 scholarships, but I would be surprised if there are 3 left open.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Daum and Reed are both following AJ Hess on Twitter. He plays at Southern Utah. Could be nothing, but he seems to have gotten hurt(broken ankle) this year and played only 6 games. Did not redshirt yet, so I assume he would have one year left. If he is set to graduate, he could be a possible Grad Transfer. Averaged nearly 12 points a game as a junior. As I look closer, TJ is following him on Twitter as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            The signing period runs until May 18. There is 3 weeks for the staff to find a player or three to round out the team for next year. It would seem unlikely that they would try to go with too short of a crew in case of injury and the need for adequate practice numbers. They may not fill the 13 scholarships, but I would be surprised if there are 3 left open.
            I believe players can still be added after the end of the signing period, they just don't sign a letter of intent.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
              Daum and Reed are both following AJ Hess on Twitter. He plays at Southern Utah. Could be nothing, but he seems to have gotten hurt(broken ankle) this year and played only 6 games. Did not redshirt yet, so I assume he would have one year left. If he is set to graduate, he could be a possible Grad Transfer. Averaged nearly 12 points a game as a junior. As I look closer, TJ is following him on Twitter as well.
              This could be the young man who came to Brookings last Tuesday to look around. He could be a backup at the 4. I had heard he was 6'7" but he is 6'6" on the SUU roster.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                This could be the young man who came to Brookings last Tuesday to look around. He could be a backup at the 4. I had heard he was 6'7" but he is 6'6" on the SUU roster.
                He only played in 6 games this year due to season ending injury. Possibly waiting on a medical redshirt waiver from NCAA, since he was a Senior.
                http://www.thespectrum.com/story/spo...ture/78723552/

Comment

The Jacks have offered JuCo PG Julian Walters from NDSCS, looks like he averaged 19 points and 5 rebounds a game his sophomore year... http://verbalcommits.com/players/julian-walters

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    The Jacks have offered JuCo PG Julian Walters from NDSCS, looks like he averaged 19 points and 5 rebounds a game his sophomore year... http://verbalcommits.com/players/julian-walters
                    Julian was a first team DI NJCAA this year for NDSCS. Andre Wallace was also recognized on the second team as previously stated.

Comment

TJ does not seem to be ignoring the guard turnover from last year. The JUCO route seems to have some talented players available. It would be assuring to find another 4/5 player as well. The next few weeks will keep the coaches running. Has Coach Henderson made it to Brookings yet?

Comment

2015-16 Stats

Name Yr Pos gp gs min/g fg/g pct 3pt/g pct ft/g pct pg

Julian Walters So G 35 32 26.6 6.1-11.3 53.4 3.4-6.6 50.9 3.5-4.5 76.1 18.9
                        If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
                          2015-16 Stats

Highlights from his sophomore year:

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Saw a tweet somewhere that Steffon Mitchell will attend prep school this next year in KS.

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/shakopee_...c7e3fc2bb.html

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
                              2015-16 Stats

Love the shooting percentage.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                                Saw a tweet somewhere that Steffon Mitchell will attend prep school this next year in KS.

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/shakopee_...c7e3fc2bb.html
                                IMO I wish more kids would go this route. It saves a redshirt year and maybe gives a better idea of what level they can play at rather than having to transfer later on.

Comment

Working...
                                X