2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Anybody get the feeling that this might be a mutual parting of ways? I'm not too sure how a 280 lbs, non-shooting post would fit into Otzelberger's higher tempo style.

Comment

Agree with the sentiment. I believe he could still actually resign with Jacks if he chose - although not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        Anybody get the feeling that this might be a mutual parting of ways? I'm not too sure how a 280 lbs, non-shooting post would fit into Otzelberger's higher tempo style.
        The odds of someone his size being physically ready to play less than a year after ACL surgery aren't great. Perhaps Coach didn't want to tie up a scholarship for a likely redshirt year. You may also be correct that he may not fit into the future style of play. Will be interesting if Nagy gets involved.

Comment

...or maybe he waited to see who was named coach, then simply decided to open up his recruitment.

Comment

I would expect that he will be less than the 280# player he had been for football. Daum lost around 20# in his red shirt year. I would have been happy to see the youngster stick around.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Nagy is probably recruiting him. He seems to be going after all the guys that SDSU had its sights set on.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Didn't he have an article out like last week saying he was still committed? Not that. I have a problem with 18 year olds changing their mind a week later.
                I'm not going to hunt down the article, but I believe he said he wasn't planning on decommitting at the time. This was between coaches and he most likely wanted to see who was hired. Loudon appears to have approached the situation in a mature manner and took a wait-and-see approach, unlike some kids who decommit immediately after a coaching change is announced without finding out who the new coach will be.

An example of this was just at Wright State, where one of their better players immediately announced he was going to transfer after the coach got fired, only to find out later that Coach Nagy was a good guy and had a system that would benefit him, so he had to "recommit" to the program.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

It very well could be, though I'm not sure he wouldn't have been a fit for Otzelbergers system, as I highly doubt he'll be playing college ball at 280 lbs nor ever be asked to play 30+ minutes a game at any point in his career.

I guess without being privy to the conversation between TJ and Loudon, I won't assume one way or another.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Here is an article where Loudon talks about his release. It sure sounds more like he did not fit into the new SDSU system to be.

http://www.prephoops.com/2016/04/lou...uth-dakota-st/
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Nagy is probably recruiting him. He seems to be going after all the guys that SDSU had its sights set on.
                      Well his assistant coach that was in charge of recruiting went with him so that would make sense.

The guy probably fits into Nagy's system more anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                        Here is an article where Loudon talks about his release. It sure sounds more like he did not fit into the new SDSU system to be.

http://www.prephoops.com/2016/04/lou...uth-dakota-st/
                        I took his comments to mean that the head coach moved on and so is he. I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          What are you basing this on?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            What are you basing this on?
                            According to VerbalCommits Wright State only has three scholarship offers for 2017. All three are to kids that SDSU has offered and all three after Nagy and crew arrived. I think it is probably a fair assumption.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, NebJack.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                                According to VerbalCommits Wright State only has three scholarship offers for 2017. All three are to kids that SDSU has offered and all three after Nagy and crew arrived. I think it is probably a fair assumption.
                                Are people really surprised by this? Nagy and company spent time getting to know these kids' abilities and personalities. Just because they change jobs doesn't mean they have a bunch of new kids that they have can offer. Recruiting, I assume, is a process that takes some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X