GDT: SDSU vs IUPUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs IUPUI

No. It is not too early to compare Tellingheusen to someone like White, in my opinion. He has a dynamic game too, not being limited to sniping from the perimeter. He could end up being something special.

Credit to Moffitt too. He came out of nowhere and has proven to be a big contributor. It's nice to see Severyn getting some minutes too.

Jacks are rolling with two more home games to come. USD just knocked the Bison down off their unbeaten pedestal. This Summit race is just getting started.

Comment

Tellinghusen is not old enough to drink fermented beverages that's for certain. Anyone who sells this kid liquour should be tarred and feathered.

Comment

Where is Andrus Borman and Devine both did not get a mega second of playing time. Dog house duty no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Is it to early to say that he is almost/already as good as White was as a senior?
          Yes, it is too early.

Reed is going to be really good.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I will say that he could be the best true freshman in yellow and blue that we've seen in a while. He had a fairly bonehead play towards the end of the game--got dribble-happy and forgot he had teammates for a possession, but . . . freshman.
            He reminds me a little of the Baker kid from Wichita State that almost came here. Needs to fill out some to have a body like Baker , but there are similarities in their games.

Comment

When I saw Telly at the pentagon I knew he would make an impact this year. It's fairly easy to see how good he is with the ball. Watch him move without the ball. Then, watch him on the defensive end and even the boards. He has that knack and enough athletic ability.. Kid is really, really good. Chad White shouldn't even be in the conversation and that's okay to say because Chad was a very good player as well.

Great win. It's done. Need to crush a coyote team coming in with some momentum. They are athletic but not big. Streaky shooters. They play hard for this new coach, much harder in D than the Boots era teams.

Need to smack them in the mouth like Jacks did tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSU's last 3 wins are by an average of 22 points. Not to shabby.

Comment

Parks has shot 104 3-pointers so far this season and only made 29 of those attempts. That is 28%. Can someone please tell him to stop shooting 5+ 3-pointers a game!? He is settling for WAY to many 3's. Put this into perspective, Telly has made 30 out of 68, 44%. Marshall is 24/59, 41% That is being efficient.

Others of Note:

Horstman- 12/31, 39%
                  Bittle- 14/34, 41%

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    Parks has shot 104 3-pointers so far this season and only made 29 of those attempts. That is 28%. Can someone please tell him to stop shooting 5+ 3-pointers a game!? He is settling for WAY to many 3's. Put this into perspective, Telly has made 30 out of 68, 44%. Marshall is 24/59, 41% That is being efficient.

Others of Note:

Horstman- 12/31, 39%
                    Bittle- 14/34, 41%
                    Yikes. Knew he was a chucker but didn't know it was that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

Others of Note:

Horstman- 12/31, 39%
                      Bittle- 14/34, 41%
                      Pretty sure Nagy said on the radio a couple games back that he's not sure why Parks isn't hitting from 3 this year as he was a knockdown shooter when he was at JUCO and that he needs to keep shooting and they will eventually start falling.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Pretty sure Nagy said on the radio a couple games back that he's not sure why Parks isn't hitting from 3 this year as he was a knockdown shooter when he was at JUCO and that he needs to keep shooting and they will eventually start falling.
                        I hope it comes around and that he is just in a major funk. He can't be shooting that many 3's if he is going to miss over 75% of them. When he shoots, it seems like they are line drives. If he could get a little more arch on his shot they should start falling. The good thing is that most of his 3 point shots are in rhythm and not forced for the most part.

The rest of the team seems to be shooting pretty well expect for him.

Comment

If Parks isn't a threat to shoot the 3, defenses will sag off him and his driving game will suffer. He doesn't need to be taking 5+ a game, but he needs to shoot at least 2 a game to maintain his other offensive threats, IMO.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think everyone is having their ups and downs. Marshall a dead eye at the FT line missed four of them last night, plus he was two teamed for most of the game. This was not George's finest hour nor Deonandre either for that matter, but it looks like IUPIU did not know much about Telly, who I claim as a grand son. What a guy!!

Comment

Parks form isn't that pure and too much of a line drive to expect him to shoot 40%. I could live with 33% from 3 though. Quite frankly his game is much better off the bounce anyway. He had a rough night but he'll bounce back. Reed can score but 5 turnovers from a non pg is way too many. Has to get stronger with the ball and I believe will but right now I'd prefer seeing him spotting up more and dribbling less. Solid crowd last night and again impossible to understand how good/bad the Summit is this year when comparing wins. Jags had a couple of nice wins coming in but looked pretty rough most of the night. Apparently that drive from Indiana/Illinois must be rougher on teams than you'd expect!

As far as the rotations last night. Jags threw out mostly guards. Not many minutes available for any bigs besides Cody.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I think everyone is having their ups and downs. Marshall a dead eye at the FT line missed four of them last night, plus he was two teamed for most of the game. This was not George's finest hour nor Deonandre either for that matter, but it looks like IUPIU did not know much about Telly, who I claim as a grand son. What a guy!!
                                I wouldn't call Marshall "dead eye" from the FT line as he is shooting 65% (26/40) for the year, worst on the team (top 4 for attempts).

Comment

Working...
                                X