Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU Leathernecks vs SDSU Jackrabbits

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Marshall is trying to live up to the hype that we built for him. He just needs to relax and let the game come to him.

Offensively this team is just out of whack. They have been all season. Not sure what the issue might be, but once they figure it out this could the most entertaining Jacks team in a long, long time.
    Yep. I think George is really good and will live up to the hype (if that's possible). You're right about the offense too, kinda messy.

Comment

Nice defensive half - 20 points allowed. The offense showed some flashes as well. However,I was surprised to see Parks sent to the bench just as he was heating up.

Regarding Marshall, he won the tournament MVP in his first three games and then went on to play road games at two top-25 teams followed immediately by road trips to two decent Summit teams. That's his SDSU career - seven road games, four of which SDSU was not expected to win. Tyler mentioned how the team spent 11 of 18 nights in hotels during that stretch. Give it some time.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Parks with 12, Larson with 10, Marshall with 7. The trio accounts for 85% of the Jacks' points in the first half.

Jacks +3 on the glass, shooting 41%. WIU shooting 29%.

One negative is that Horstman got hurt in the first half and didn't return. Hurt his right leg.
        This trio could be very, very scary to teams come the end of the conference season/tournament time.

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        Yep. I think George is really good and will live up to the hype (if that's possible). You're right about the offense too, kinda messy.
        The best thing about Marshall is that it allows Parks to do what he does best, be a scoring guard.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Parks and Larson have figured out the inside-out (repeat until open) play.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

52-31 SDSU at 8:54 to go 2nd half.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I like the looks of this "big three" that could develop.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

72-41 SDSU, 3:03 left.

Marshall leads the team with 17pts on 5-9 shooting including 4-7 from deep.

Comment

Final: SDSU 75, WIU 44.

Marshall lead the team with 17pts and 5 rebs. Parks added 14pts and 4rebs. Larson had 14 and 7. Bittle with 8 points.

SDSU shot 47% overall compared to 31% for WIU. Jacks were +11 on the glass.

Nagy ended up playing 14 guys and 10 of them scored.

Jacks were also 10-27 from deep.

Nice win. On to Omaha.

Comment

Horstman apparently sprains an ankle and Bittle loses part of tooth, but Jacks prevail. Nice win. 75-44.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Marshall is the post-game interview. Says our communication was a lot better. Omaha game: we're treating it like a conference championship. Gotta treat that game likes its real important.

Comment

I think its going to get better. Bittle made some great defensive moves, and even chipped a tooth in the process. Moffitt is earning my respect as a player. Done some good things. I think we will be okay.

Comment

Wow, what an impressive win.

Comment

I just saw the score. Now that's a little more like it. I don'tbk n ow where this team will end up but it will be an interesting watch.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Nagy interview: Tyler throws him a softball about a good all-around game.... we weren't great offensively but really good defensively and that will help us be a better team offensively. Agreed with Marshall's comments about better communication...better energy tonight. Past few days got back to what we do, how we guard (compared to spending too much time working on how the other team guards etc.).
                              Complimentary of Cody's game. He hasn't been as good in the first half as he's been in the second half and we think he's worried about getting into foul trouble so we've told him to quit worrying about fouls. Cody's an unselfish player.
                              George is putting time in...he's a very good shooter, good off the dribble...spent time in the gym this morning with Coach Krabbenhoft shooting.
                              Bittle: Wished all our guys looked like that some time...we need some guys with stitches (coach Nagy making a funny comment!) out on the floor.
                              Horstman's sprained ankle...he's done it a bunch so we'll see how quickly he'll come back.
                              Omaha: we'll have our hands full...play with a lot of energy. Have a lot of respect for (Omaha's coach) and know they'll play real hard.

Comment

Nagy indicated he thought Marshall shot well off the dribble. Tonight he shot best when he was spotted up on 3 pt shots. Parks was the same. If someone can watch the replay of the game, watch the made shots for those 2 players. They both had a good stroke when spotted up for an open 3 and caught the ball when it came out from the post or base line. Both players are very good when they drive the ball-Parks more so than Marshall for creating the layup. Telly is quick off the floor when on defense for altering shots and rebounds and he picked up 2 assists.. Larson was a problem for anyone to cover one on one and he picked up 4 assists when double teamed. Solid play by the team with only a few problems such as Devine could not get into the flow of the game when he played.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X