WIU Leathernecks vs SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU Leathernecks vs SDSU Jackrabbits

I guess I understand roster to mean the listing of all the eligible players , like what you get if you go to GoJacks and click on roster. Sorry if that created a mis-understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I think this is warranted. Marshall has not earned his minutes. I'd rather see Moffit out there until Marshall earns his playing time.
      Explain what Moffitt has done to earn more playing time? Nagy needs to better explain what his expectations are from his point guard. At least Marshall is agressive. Bittle and Horstman not so much.

Comment

I just don't have a dog in this fight the one I think could be titled what is a roster? I think so many of us are still feeling the sting from the weekend. Yes we lost a couple of games, and the schedule is screwy. We play WIU tonight and then on Saturday we hit the road for Omaha? Finally we get three consecutive home games. How about that?

Comment

## Player GP GS Tot Avg FG FGA Pct 3FG FGA Pct FT FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg
          12 Keaton Moffitt 10 5 140 14.0 7 24 .292 1 4 .250 13 16 .813 3 15 18 1.8 19 0 12 8 1 12 28 2.8

11 George Marshall 7 7 252 36.0 26 81 .321 15 44 .341 15 23 .652 1 23 24 3.4 16 0 9 16 0 4 82 11.7

Season numbers for both Marshall and Moffitt.

Comment

I am not pushing Moffit outside of a backup, but while he played his 11 minutes at Fargo and he had 2 steals, 3points, and an assist. He is not scoring at a Wolters pace, but I do not expect to see that on a regular basis. He does not need to take 10-15 shots to impress me as a solid contributor. Good defense and no turnovers is a good start for a PG. Meanwhile, I will still hope to see Marshall to show some ability to make an assist.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I am not pushing Moffit outside of a backup, but while he played his 11 minutes at Fargo and he had 2 steals, 3points, and an assist. He is not scoring at a Wolters pace, but I do not expect to see that on a regular basis. He does not need to take 10-15 shots to impress me as a solid contributor. Good defense and no turnovers is a good start for a PG. Meanwhile, I will still hope to see Marshall to show some ability to make an assist.
              I'm not saying he should start either. However, Marshall hasn't earned all the minutes he's been getting. Sitting him on the bench and playing Moffitt can send a message. Then again, that might not be the best method to send a message to Marshall.

Hopefully Nagy can find the right formula.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Explain what Moffitt has done to earn more playing time? Nagy needs to better explain what his expectations are from his point guard. At least Marshall is agressive. Bittle and Horstman not so much.
                Bittle's biggest problem is that he is streaky/inconsistent. He has led the team in scoring 5 games and rebounding 2 games. It seems like he is either on or off, and its frustrating that he seems like the same player today as he was his freshman year. Maybe that's harsh, I'm sure he has improved. Against NDSU it probably didn't help that he was being guarded by Brown, IIRC. Brown is a very, very, good defender.

Horstman is better than any alternative we have for power forward, IMO. Offensively, I think Horstman is the classic example of a let the game come to them player. When he does that, he does some nice things. When he tries to get aggressive, it seems like he turns it over. Defensively he is pretty solid, again especially when compared to the alternatives. If Theisen played Horstman's minutes he would foul out every game.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

over/under 2500 tonight?

Last year's home Summit League opener was also against WIU. The attendance for that game was 2023. Jacks won the game 64-55. Larson went for 13 & 11 in 30 minutes while Bittle was 0-3 with 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 29 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I'm not saying he should start either. However, Marshall hasn't earned all the minutes he's been getting. Sitting him on the bench and playing Moffitt can send a message. Then again, that might not be the best method to send a message to Marshall.

Hopefully Nagy can find the right formula.
                    The sad thing is, its seems like the only options Marshall or Moffitt. Has there been a single minute when one of those two weren't on the court? Maybe Bittle should bring the ball up, he isn't the greatest option but he has done it before.

Bittle
                    Parks
                    Tellinghuisen
                    Horstman
                    Larson

Isn't a bad lineup. Its pretty hard to try different things when Marshall is playing 36 minutes a game.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      over/under 2500 tonight?

Last year's home Summit League opener was also against WIU. The attendance for that game was 2023. Jacks won the game 64-55. Larson went for 13 & 11 in 30 minutes while Bittle was 0-3 with 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 29 minutes.
                      I would like to say over. If the people want to adventure out into the weather it should be doable. No less than 2200 should be safe.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

George started playing at mid-season with huge expectations piled on top of him. I'd say he's done pretty darn well, overall. Jake needs to step it up a bit. The Jacks need more production and consistency out of Zach or whoever is playing the 4 slot, too. Cody and Deondre have been very good. This is a talented and deep team that's still figuring things out.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          George started playing at mid-season with huge expectations piled on top of him. I'd say he's done pretty darn well, overall. Jake needs to step it up a bit. The Jacks need more production and consistency out of Zach or whoever is playing the 4 slot, too. Cody and Deondre have been very good. This is a talented and deep team that's still figuring things out.
                          I agree. My only problem with Marshall,other than shooting poorly, is he's been forcing some bad shots. Maybe he's trying to make things happen, i don't know. He's aggressive,good ball handler,and plays good defense. Like you said, Bittle needs to step it up. In the first half of the Bison game,he didn't even look to score.Early in the second half he was aggressive, attacked the basket,got a bucket,got fouled a couple of times for free throws. After that,he disappeared again. The team needs more offense out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            I agree. My only problem with Marshall,other than shooting poorly, is he's been forcing some bad shots. Maybe he's trying to make things happen, i don't know. He's aggressive,good ball handler,and plays good defense. Like you said, Bittle needs to step it up. In the first half of the Bison game,he didn't even look to score.Early in the second half he was aggressive, attacked the basket,got a bucket,got fouled a couple of times for free throws. After that,he disappeared again. The team needs more offense out of him.
                            Marshall is trying to live up to the hype that we built for him. He just needs to relax and let the game come to him.

Offensively this team is just out of whack. They have been all season. Not sure what the issue might be, but once they figure it out this could the most entertaining Jacks team in a long, long time.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Halftime: SDSU 34, WIU 20

Comment

Parks with 12, Larson with 10, Marshall with 7. The trio accounts for 85% of the Jacks' points in the first half.

Jacks +3 on the glass, shooting 41%. WIU shooting 29%.

One negative is that Horstman got hurt in the first half and didn't return. Hurt his right leg.

Comment

Working...
                                X