Idaho-Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Idaho-Round 2

I'm a big fan of Reed so far, he has a very bright future ahead, and I'm really excited to watch him develop. But lets pump the brakes just a little bit on this better than Chad White talk (edit at this point in his career.)

Reed has played 9 games. He's shooting 42.6% on field goals, 38.7 from 3, and 64% from the line. He is averaging 2.7 rebounds, 1 assist, and more than 1 turnover a game.

Chad played 139 games and shot 45.7% on field goals, 40.9% from 3, and 72.9% from the line. He averaged 3.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and more than 1 turnover a game. His field goal numbers are pretty spectacular honestly, and Chad hit several of the biggest shots in SDSU basketball history.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I'm a big fan of Reed so far, he has a very bright future ahead, and I'm really excited to watch him develop. But lets pump the brakes just a little bit on this better than Chad White talk (edit at this point in his career.)

Reed has played 9 games. He's shooting 42.6% on field goals, 38.7 from 3, and 64% from the line. He is averaging 2.7 rebounds, 1 assist, and more than 1 turnover a game.

Chad played 139 games and shot 45.7% on field goals, 40.9% from 3, and 72.9% from the line. He averaged 3.4 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and more than 1 turnover a game. His field goal numbers are pretty spectacular honestly, and Chad hit several of the biggest shots in SDSU basketball history.

Nice use of facts. Good post

Comment

Using quality facts are a good way to destroy any message board! Opinions, backed up by exaggerations are the only way to have meaningful conversations on a board!

Whether the White comparisons are valid is not important just like any other comparisons but what is exciting is he'll be around for 3 more years to build his own legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
          Using quality facts are a good way to destroy any message board! Opinions, backed up by exaggerations are the only way to have meaningful conversations on a board!

Whether the White comparisons are valid is not important just like any other comparisons but what is exciting is he'll be around for 3 more years to build his own legacy.
          Lets be ancient, lets compare Reed to Jim Sunny Schmidt. A player that is so ancient that I never saw him play, but heard great deal about him. No comparison, the game has changed leaps and bounds, and even changed probably from Chad last season, which was last year. If he is not better than Chad by the time he plays his last game, then Nagy deserves to be fired. Why? The program is not progressing. Reed seems to be good one at this point in time and will only get better.

Comment

I think some Jackrabbit fans forget how good Chad's numbers were because they were spread out over 4 years (he even played some his true freshman year before he took a medical red shirt) and he did have some extended shooting lulls. No doubt injuries contributed to some of his down stints, but to still have these numbers shows just how good a healthy Chad White was.

I think Reed has the potential to be better than Chad, but that's a complement to him, not a knock against Chad.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Chad White also had a redshirt season. What I meant by he has a better all around game than chad is this: Reed has the ability to do more on the offensive end. The majority of the time (note that this does not mean ALL OF THE TIME) Chad was just a spot up shooter. Reed has shown the ability already to do much more than that.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Chad White also had a redshirt season. What I meant by he has a better all around game than chad is this: Reed has the ability to do more on the offensive end. The majority of the time (note that this does not mean ALL OF THE TIME) Chad was just a spot up shooter. Reed has shown the ability already to do much more than that.
                Reed has shown that ability.

In 9 games against teams that have had very little opportunity or reason to scout him.

I'm just saying let's pump the brakes a little.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Reed has shown that ability.

In 9 games against teams that have had very little opportunity or reason to scout him.

I'm just saying let's pump the brakes a little.
                  I disagree. Gas pedal is all the way down for me.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I disagree. Gas pedal is all the way down for me.
                    Me too, he is going to be a special player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

When was the last time a true freshman played a significant role - especially right out of the gate? Dykstra?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        When was the last time a true freshman played a significant role - especially right out of the gate? Dykstra?
                        The older calahan?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

With the stable starting lineups and short benches the Jacks have had since that season , there wasn't much opportunity for freshmen to jump in. Cody Larson had a big impact his first season , but he obviously was no freshman.

Comment

There is definitely a learning curve with freshman. Keep in mind that Nate Wolters, who goes down as the best in SDSU history, put up fairly average numbers his freshman season as he averaged 10.1 points, 2.9 assists, 3.4 rebounds while shooting 39% from the field, 36% from 3 and made 83% on free throws.

Tellinghuisen is averaging 8.9 points, 1.0 assists, 2.7 rebounds while shooting 43% from the field, 39% from 3 and 64% from the line.

Clint Sargent in his freshman season averaged 8.4 points, 2.9 assists, 3.9 rebounds while shooting 36%, 32% and 62%.

Its a little early to crown him as an SDSU great, but he's certainly on a similar path to some other recent greats after his first 9 games and he's put these numbers while playing just under 22 minutes per game. Skyler Flatten is also putting up some good numbers in even more limited minutes.

I have a feeling by the end of the season we could be pretty impressive on offense as these guys grow up and the team gets a chance to gel will all of the new parts.

Comment

Working...
                            X