Clear All

Re: Wednesday--Nagy vs Nagy

Who gives a rats ass about Wayne State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      You like the fact that this is the 4th non DI we're playing?

Quickly looking at a couple of our conference mate's schedules, it looks like they all have 1 or 2 on their schedule.
      With having to figure out where 7 new players can fit into the rotation and develop some confidence , I think it's a good thing the schedule looks like it does.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        With having to figure out where 7 new players can fit into the rotation and develop some confidence , I think it's a good thing the schedule looks like it does.
        Absolutely agree ^. And getting home games non-conference isn't any easier than in football. Assume this one came about because of Coach Nagy's son, since we haven't played Wayne for a long time.

Anyway, my earlier thoughts on Keaton Moffit, expressed in another post, remain the same. The coaches believe he is the best backup for Marshall, and while Wayne's playes are on a different level, Moffit looked good last night. I think we all knew that Broman, Tellinghuisen, and Jacobson are not point guards, and while Bittle came to us as a high school point guard, we know he is better as an off-guard as well. Turns out to be pretty good that Moffit transferred here. Sorting out who plays well, and the playing order is what the non-conference season is all about.

I am disappointed that Ian Thiessen is not getting more playing time. Since they decided not to redshirt him, last night's game should have been a no-brainer last night for keeping him in. Nagy says he is struggling, but putting him in for a couple of possessions and then yanking him out for a criticism doesn't really help his confidence level.

Comment

Game aside. The jackrabbitt feed was crappy and the picture was very 1963. Does that happen often on these feeds? The other two were very good but this one started and stopped very 5-10 seconds. Impossible to watch.

And next year, I really don't want to see any more of these D2's. If we can't get D1 home games then play them on the road or Sioux Falls. D2's should be for exhibitions.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
            Game aside. The jackrabbitt feed was crappy and the picture was very 1963. Does that happen often on these feeds? The other two were very good but this one started and stopped very 5-10 seconds. Impossible to watch.

And next year, I really don't want to see any more of these D2's. If we can't get D1 home games then play them on the road or Sioux Falls. D2's should be for exhibitions.
            Good luck with your concept of a schedule.

Comment

No problems with the video feed here.

Comment

My feed worked great last night. Didn't have even a hiccup throughout the game.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

My video feed was good also.

Comment

Well then apparently my computer needs an upgrade.

Comment

I thought the conference had rules about how many DII's schools could play?

Pretty pathetic that 1/3 of our home schedule is schools we played before going DI.

I'm glad I don't buy season tix.
                      Season tickets are $350. Thats for 31 games, about 11 bucks a ticket. If you skip the d2 games your still going for less than $15 a ticket which i dont think is too bad. I dont make all the games because of work and travel. But im going to always get season tickets to guarantee my seat for the USD and NDSU games.

Comment

I don't mind 1-2 DII's, the schedule has to get filled somehow. And that seems to be what happens at most Summit schools. 4 is too many though.

Our conference mates have got to be at least a little miffed. Won't our schedule impact the NCAA seed for the champ, and other post season chances for every good team in our league.

I also don't have a problem with playing the team of Coach Nagy's son, but it should be a junior/senior year type thing.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I don't mind 1-2 DII's, the schedule has to get filled somehow. And that seems to be what happens at most Summit schools. 4 is too many though.

Our conference mates have got to be at least a little miffed. Won't our schedule impact the NCAA seed for the champ, and other post season chances for every good team in our league.

I also don't have a problem with playing the team of Coach Nagy's son, but it should be a junior/senior year type thing.
                          How are you getting 4? I only see 2 counter games against Div II teams. Are you counting exhibition games?

Comment

We played Wayne State last season as well.

Comment

The thing I see with the D2's is nobody shows up to watch anyway. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to the program and our players if we played at Iowa State for example and got a paycheck versus playing Wayne State at home?

Comment

The thing I see with the D2's is nobody shows up to watch anyway. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to the program and our players if we played at Iowa State for example and got a paycheck versus playing Wayne State at home?
                                Excuse me...there were more than 1,800 people at last night's game. And I, for one, enjoyed every minute of the game. The DII games, or exhibitions, give me a chance to see the new faces and how they fit in, and get me ready for the season. I understand that out-of-town fans might well skip the games, but don't start knocking those of us who enjoy going to the games, which fill out our schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X