Wednesday--Nagy vs Nagy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wednesday--Nagy vs Nagy

And one more post on the complaining about lack of 3's. Last night the Jacks had 7 3's in the first half, and shot just under 50% for the game from out there. I'm not saying we have an outstanding 3 point shooter on the team, but Deondre Parks was 3-4, and coupled with his ability to drive to the basket, makes me think the defense will have problems dealing with that. Can't wait until Mitchell is eligible and see how the pieces fit together at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Excuse me...there were more than 1,800 people at last night's game. And I, for one, enjoyed every minute of the game. The DII games, or exhibitions, give me a chance to see the new faces and how they fit in, and get me ready for the season. I understand that out-of-town fans might well skip the games, but don't start knocking those of us who enjoy going to the games, which fill out our schedule.
      Knocking those the show up to games? I don't see how I was doing that at all. But when a place holds 6500 or so and 1800 show up to watch a d2 I will go back to the same question, wouldn't it be more beneficial to the program and our players if we played at Iowa State for example and got a paycheck versus playing Wayne State at home?

Comment

Watching these D2 games is definitely not as much fun as a decent D1 matuchup, but I understand the need for them in a high-turnover season like this one. That's especially true in this first third of the season when arguably the most important player on our team can't join the action. Running into one D1 buzzsaw after another while we are shorthanded and trying to work new guys in would probably do more harm than good. I recall Nagy speaking about that subject after a very rough non-conference season four or five years ago.

Things are about to turn, schedule-wise. The last eight non-conference games are all D1, and only two of those are at Frost. That tough stretch is followed by road trips to Denver and NDSU. We might be wishing for a D2 game by the time the team battles through the next month of action. If you are the kind of fan that is not happy unless we win 7 out of 10, you might want to find another hobby to get you through the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          How are you getting 4? I only see 2 counter games against Div II teams. Are you counting exhibition games?
          Yes. I am an idiot. Disregard previous outrage.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Good thread everyone.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

3PtJR: Won't argue with you, although I think you are wrong, but you certainly miss my point. I prefer watching the games we currently get at home, at home. No, I don't want to move those games out of state. And our players deserve to have fewer road games, and have more home games, before the fans that support them IMHO. Nuff said for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                3PtJR: Won't argue with you, although I think you are wrong, but you certainly miss my point. I prefer watching the games we currently get at home, at home. No, I don't want to move those games out of state. And our players deserve to have fewer road games, and have more home games, before the fans that support them IMHO. Nuff said for tonight!
                I'm with you on this #1. Road games are very tough on a team. It's tough traveling and being away from classes. Scheduling a few cupcake DII teams allows the team a little mental reprieve. Couple that with the fact that we knew we are with out the team's best pg for the first month and a half it's easy to see why it's advantageous to schedule like we did.

Although it doesn't make for the best fan experience the players deserve to play at home in front of their friends and family.

If it was easy to schedule cupcake DI games I'm sure we would, but as we all know scheduling for a mid-major with a limited budget is darn tough.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                  Game aside. The jackrabbitt feed was crappy and the picture was very 1963. Does that happen often on these feeds? The other two were very good but this one started and stopped very 5-10 seconds. Impossible to watch.
                  Did the whole family gather around for your viewing experience?

I did get a kick out of your description!

Comment

Okay. That's pretty funny!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      Did the whole family gather around for your viewing experience?

I did get a kick out of your description!
                      Mom looks to be in a family way. That was just before birth control pills. .

Seriously, talk to any one involved in scheduling. Its not easy. The big pay days in men's bb are peanuts compared to football, and does Augie offer to play us? I don't think so not since going D1. Seems like we had SW on the schedule but they seem to have had enough of being beat down by D1. So there you go. Iowa State playing home and home? Dream on my friend.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 12-05-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X